KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Thor vs Bane

Thor vs Bane
Started by: Supra

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NemeBro

I think he punched a hole in solid concrete, and Thor has never shown to be able to do that.

But tbh I haven't seen Thor in a while.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2014 07:39 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NemeBro
I think he punched a hole in solid concrete, and Thor has never shown to be able to do that.

But tbh I haven't seen Thor in a while.

But he was punching Batman at the same time...I think that showing was just for show as it rendered little damage to Batman in that fight and in fact he missed those punches. So who knows on that one.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2014 07:43 AM
Supra is currently offline Click here to Send Supra a Private Message Find more posts by Supra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

I don't think the column was solid concrete.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2014 07:44 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Might not have been, only saw the flick once.

Originally posted by Supra
But he was punching Batman at the same time...I think that showing was just for show as it rendered little damage to Batman in that fight and in fact he missed those punches. So who knows on that one.
Batman is wearing full body armour.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2014 07:58 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

Might not have been, only saw the flick once.

Batman is wearing full body armour.

True but does that stop all injury from a bunch?

Old Post Jan 24th, 2014 08:01 AM
Supra is currently offline Click here to Send Supra a Private Message Find more posts by Supra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

There was actually a debate about it in the Bane vs Spock thread.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...mp;pagenumber=1

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2014 08:01 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

Then by all means provide any evidence of this fact. If you can't, just step out of the thread like a good little boy and let the adults talk.

Fat has larger volume than muscle mass per the same weight. Hardy had at least 17-20% body fat while Hemsworth was at about 8%, and he was still much bigger than Hardy. He also has at least 6 inches on him which is a lot. Especially when you factor in the square-cube law. Your average skinnyfat 6'4 dude who doesn't lift can easily weigh 200 lbs. Someone with Chris Hemsworth's physique can't be any less than 225. Like I said I'm 5'11 and 180 lbs and I look bigger than Bane did. He was no where near 200 lbs. Hell, Christian Bale was bigger than him.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2014 04:29 PM
Psychotron is currently offline Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Hemsworth said he weighed 215 pounds during Thor. Not sure why actor weights/heights matter through as they often make them look bigger or smaller in a film.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2014 04:54 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by Silent Master
IOW, human Thor was ripped...Bane was a fata$$.

If by "fata$$" you mean physique of a boxer, sure.

thumb up

Old Post Jan 24th, 2014 04:57 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by ares834

thumb up

Yea...Butterbean thumb up

Old Post Jan 24th, 2014 05:03 PM
ares834

Originally posted by Silent Master
Yea...Butterbean thumb up

thumb up

Butterbean would kick Thor's ass.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2014 05:04 PM
Silent Master

thumb up

Butterbean would kick Thor's ass.

What feats does Butterbean have that compare with beating several of the most highly trained people in the world so badly that he makes them look like chumps?

Old Post Jan 24th, 2014 05:07 PM
Psychotron

thumb up

lol no. Check out Mike Tyson or Vladimir Klichko. Those are physiques of boxers. Hardy obviously failed a cycle and ended up looking like shit. He looked better even in Bronson.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2014 06:04 PM
Psychotron is currently offline Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Hardy was trying to bulk up as much as possible for the Bane role and still cam away with a pretty good physique.

Either way Thor's best combat feat was taking on and managing to take down a bunch of shield agents managing to get to the hammer.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jan 24th, 2014 06:22 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

He failed, he got the kind of body you get from eating like shit and working out for a few months. Only his traps were good. That and his height made him a joke. My theater burst into laughter whenever he was on screen. It's not entirely his fault though, he was miscast from the start.

Bane took out a retired, out of shape Batman. Plus he has a pretty big wekaness.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2014 06:39 PM
ares834

I... I don't even... Bane was buff, although not necessarily defined. Nor did he ever appear short in the movie. He looked huge and bulky, like a guy who beats the shit out of people rather than just someone who lifts weights all day.

Last edited by ares834 on Jan 24th, 2014 at 07:01 PM

Old Post Jan 24th, 2014 06:54 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by Psychotron
He failed, he got the kind of body you get from eating like shit and working out for a few months. Only his traps were good. That and his height made him a joke. My theater burst into laughter whenever he was on screen. It's not entirely his fault though, he was miscast from the start.

Bane took out a retired, out of shape Batman. Plus he has a pretty big wekaness.
I think his build was more than adequate as far as I'm concerned.

Bane broke a column and beat and bruised a heavily armored man that just took finished taking down a few well trained mercenaries with ease.

Believe what you want but Batman had some of his better combat feats in this movie.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jan 24th, 2014 07:17 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

I... I don't even... Bane was buff, although not necessarily defined. Nor did he ever appear short in the movie. He looked huge and bulky, like a guy who beats the shit out of people rather than just someone who lifts weights all day.

How... how can anyone consider him buff? He was fat, had spaghetti arms, his back was mediocre, and we didn't even see his legs. His height was obvious, Batman was taller than him even with the camera trickery. Jackman, Hemsworth, Cavill, and Evans all looked a million times better than him.

As for fighting physiques I direct you to guys like Overeem or Lesnar.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2014 07:21 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by Psychotron
How... how can anyone consider him buff? He was fat, had spaghetti arms, his back was mediocre, and we didn't even see his legs. His height was obvious, Batman was taller than him even with the camera trickery. Jackman, Hemsworth, Cavill, and Evans all looked a million times better than him.

As for fighting physiques I direct you to guys like Overeem or Lesnar.
We can consider him buff because he was... definitely more so than 70% of guys out there.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jan 24th, 2014 07:29 PM
Psychotron

Originally posted by Newjak
We can consider him buff because he was... definitely more so than 70% of guys out there.

So? 90% of people look like shit. Movies stars are supposed to be a cut above the average skinnyfat loser. He was supposed to portray a huge, muscular fighting machine. Instead we ended up with a fat manlet.

I just couldn't take him seriously when I, an average dude who likes to lift, was bigger than freaking Bane. The crappy fight choreography didn't help either.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2014 07:35 PM