KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Hulk and Kurse vs Superman (MOS)

Hulk and Kurse vs Superman (MOS)
Started by: DrDeadpool

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NemeBro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FrothByte
They had super "mobile" speed though, not combat speed. Still would make things difficult for Hulk and Kurse, but not impossible.
So pushing each other through buildings at super speed and changing directions mid-flight to counter each other isn't combat speed huh?

lol

Old Post Jan 28th, 2014 04:02 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Supra

That should have broken a back or neck.
Loki's body went with the flow.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2014 04:02 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by quanchi112
Loki's body went with the flow.

House of El suffers from your hatesmile

Old Post Jan 28th, 2014 04:03 AM
Supra is currently offline Click here to Send Supra a Private Message Find more posts by Supra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by Psychotron
Grip strength =/= punchin/swinging power. And I'm not saying he was going all out, but he was clearly not playing around.

Is he psychic now?

If he wasn't going all out, then by definition he was holding back.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2014 04:15 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by NemeBro
So pushing each other through buildings at super speed and changing directions mid-flight to counter each other isn't combat speed huh?

lol

Pushing each other through buildings (in which case they were either running or flying) and changing directions mid flight (still flying) is still not combat speed. Show me an instance where they launched multiple punches, kicks at super speed.

How bout when Namek and Faora started grappling with Superman, why no superspeed then? Why did they all resort to normal speed?

Point is, the only times they showed super speed is while they're running or flying. Every time they need to grapple or throw a punch they go back to normal speed.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2014 04:55 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

Pushing each other through buildings (in which case they were either running or flying) and changing directions mid flight (still flying) is still not combat speed. Show me an instance where they launched multiple punches, kicks at super speed.

How bout when Namek and Faora started grappling with Superman, why no superspeed then? Why did they all resort to normal speed?

Point is, the only times they showed super speed is while they're running or flying. Every time they need to grapple or throw a punch they go back to normal speed.

Faora was fighting in Mos in super speed and the ground soldiers in super speed.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2014 05:03 AM
Supra is currently offline Click here to Send Supra a Private Message Find more posts by Supra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by Supra
Faora was fighting in Mos in super speed and the ground soldiers in super speed.

Just rewatched the fight. She was fighting with Superman at normal speeds, at least when it came to grappling and throwing punches. The only time they use superspeed is when they run or charge.

When she fought the soldiers, she still used superspeed only when running. There's a part there where she zips to a soldier, punches, zips to another, punches, and then zips to the last, punches. The mobile speed is incredible, but the punches are still about as fast as a boxer's.

The only decent feat of combat speed she displayed was when she caught Superman in a chokehold as he charged at her in superspeed... but that's about as impressive as Kurse knocking away Mjolnir while his back is turned.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2014 05:10 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

So what you're saying is that you would have preferred every fight in Man of Steel to have been invisible?

Lawl.

B-but I could see them...

Old Post Jan 28th, 2014 05:36 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

So what you're saying is that you would have preferred every fight in Man of Steel to have been invisible?

Lawl.

Nope. I loved the action in MOS and wouldn't change anything in it (other than properly dispersing it throughout the movie). THat still doesn't change the fact that they only showed mobile speed and not combat speed. All I'm doing is describing what was shown in the movies.

Besides, it's perfectly possible to show super combat speed without becoming invisible. Look at The Matrix. Agent Smith was able to demonstrate this by dodging multiple gun fire without having to move his feat, or launching super speed punch combinations.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2014 06:14 AM
Psychotron

Faora was flashstepping. It was legit super speed.

How do we know Superman and Faora didn't fight at super speed? Do they have to add bullet time or motion blur every time one of them moves? Are we going to assume that Neo and Smith weren't fighting at super speed just because there was no specific indication?

Old Post Jan 28th, 2014 11:58 AM
Psychotron is currently offline Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

When she fought the soldiers, she still used superspeed only when running.

A superspeed runner can by definition fight at superspeed. This is because both require moving limbs at super speed.

To pre-amp the common "Sprinter can't fight as fast as a boxer" fallacy:

A sprinter is relatively not that much faster than a normal athlete. Lets assume peak human sprinter can run the 100m dash in 8 seconds flat. A decent junior state-level athlete can do it in 11 seconds flat. So even though Usain Bolt is head and shoulders above the rest, he is actually only 30-40% faster than a "decent athlete". That is why he does not possess sufficient "superspeed" to be faster than a good human boxer.

If we start increasing the running speed advantage to 100, 1000, or 10,000% increase, it becomes clear that the runner will be able to fight faster than anyone at baseline levels. At these levels, the boxer who may have otherwise had a small advantage in "arm speed" and any other factors would evaporate - and even appear as a statue to the speedster. Do a simple thought experiment - if I gave you flash-like running speed, would you have superior "fighting speed" over a human? Merely jogging around the target while landing punches would suffice.

- - -

Also, even going by "mobile speed", that too by definition increases their "combat speed". It does not matter what is accelerating his arm/fist/punch, whether by muscle, or by flight (moving his whole body - which includes his arm/fist). Relative to each other, the Kryptonians appear to punch at "normal" speeds, but add in the force/velocity from their flight movement, and it is actually far faster when observed by a stationary observer.

An analogy would be to imagine you are riding a motorbike at 60mph (mobile speed). While on the bike, you punch a road sign ("combat speed"). Are you really punching the sign at "normal" speed? Of course its your normal punching speed + 60mph, which would explain why your arm was severed.

In this example, there are many flaws including you not necessarily having fast reflexes, and that your "punching rate" is still at human levels. These are the important distinctions between flight speed and combat speed (although flight speed does imply some reflexes as the user is able to avoid flying into objects). However, these factors do not apply as much since it has been established that they DO have combat super speed, by extension of having significant running super speed.

---

"Mobile speed" actually gives them increased omni-directional maneuverability that you might not otherwise have from having super "combat speed" alone.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2014 01:25 PM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Originally posted by Psychotron

How do we know Superman and Faora didn't fight at super speed? Do they have to add bullet time or motion blur every time one of them moves? Are we going to assume that Neo and Smith weren't fighting at super speed just because there was no specific indication?

Basically EVERY super speed character that I have seen in movies or cartoons will have fights that are not in super speed.

Why?

A. Plot Induced Stupidity - E.g If Flash consistently used even 50% of his powers, there would probably be no story.

B. Don't want to have the entire fight sequence to be in CGI (to speed up beyond human/actor level) - OR - to slow down the background, i.e have the whole fight in slow-motion.

For example, why didn't Faora use her "flash stepping" speed continuously? Was she holding back against Kal on purpose? Was she tired/could not maintain the speed? I'd say its a combination of the two points above.

In my opinion, if a character has demonstrated an ability in the movie, and there is no reasonable explanation as to why it isn't used more/again/later, it will not prevent those feats from being used to a greater extent/frequency than in happened in the movie, in a debate.

Of course this can also lead to some pretty messed up hypothetical feats, as well.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2014 01:44 PM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Hulk wouldn't solo, but I could see Kurse winning.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 28th, 2014 02:24 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

Originally posted by Placidity
B. Don't want to have the entire fight sequence to be in CGI (to speed up beyond human/actor level) - OR - to slow down the background, i.e have the whole fight in slow-motion.

I think this is the case for pretty much every movie where characters with super speed fight.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2014 04:50 PM
Psychotron is currently offline Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by -Pr-
Hulk wouldn't solo, but I could see Kurse winning.
Who hacked into your account ?

Old Post Jan 28th, 2014 04:52 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lawl.

laughing laughing

Old Post Jan 28th, 2014 06:07 PM
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

Just rewatched the fight. She was fighting with Superman at normal speeds, at least when it came to grappling and throwing punches. The only time they use superspeed is when they run or charge.

When she fought the soldiers, she still used superspeed only when running. There's a part there where she zips to a soldier, punches, zips to another, punches, and then zips to the last, punches. The mobile speed is incredible, but the punches are still about as fast as a boxer's.

The only decent feat of combat speed she displayed was when she caught Superman in a chokehold as he charged at her in superspeed... but that's about as impressive as Kurse knocking away Mjolnir while his back is turned.

He was fighting her in superspeed. I don't know why people can't see this. Watch how fast MoS is moving.

Min 1:15 an on

Last edited by Supra on Jan 28th, 2014 at 06:14 PM

Old Post Jan 28th, 2014 06:10 PM
God Cloth Seiya

Superman has shown to be faster and stronger than Kurse.
He also has ways of putting down Hulk.
He should win

Last edited by God Cloth Seiya on Mar 26th, 2014 at 03:22 AM

Old Post Mar 26th, 2014 03:20 AM
God Cloth Seiya is currently offline Click here to Send God Cloth Seiya a Private Message Find more posts by God Cloth Seiya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StealthRanger
S Class Demon

Superman speedblitzes

And outclasses them in everything else

Old Post Mar 26th, 2014 05:02 AM
StealthRanger is currently offline Click here to Send StealthRanger a Private Message Find more posts by StealthRanger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

Superman

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Mar 26th, 2014 07:55 PM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote