KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Top 25 goat rappers.

Top 25 goat rappers.
Started by: LeonBuco666

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dynamix

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kento
You dropped off Tech? You don't have Lowkey? And here I use to like you Neme. laughing

Though on my top ten cause 25 is away too many

1. Lowkey
2. Nas
3. Tupac
4. Emeniem
5. Royce Da 5'9
6. Joell Ortiz
7. Dumbfoundead
9. Hopsin
10. Pumpkinhead

Dumbfoundead and PH...do u watch battle rap?

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 07:34 PM
dynamix is currently offline Click here to Send dynamix a Private Message Find more posts by dynamix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Originally posted by dynamix
Dumbfoundead and PH...do u watch battle rap?
Not much, I mostly found out about both of them because of guest appearances with other people. And went from there.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2017 03:44 AM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

These lists are an abomination!

Old Post Sep 7th, 2017 01:55 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
These lists are an abomination!

I see no "Slick Rick" at all.

For me 2pac/Tupac/Makaveli will always be #1 though.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2017 06:06 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by NemeBro
Whew lad, list has changed as I've gotten more hot knowledge.

1. Tech N9ne
2. Eminem
3. Biggie
4. Nas
5. Joyner Lucas
6. Kendrick Lamar
7. Big Pun
8. Lupe Fiasco
9. Bone Thugs-n-Harmony
10. Hopsin (just barely, serious love/hate relationship with this ****er)
Phuck this gay boy list. Everything below top two is not in any particular order.

1. Tech N9ne
2. Eminem
3. Biggie
4. Nas
5. Jay Z
6. Big L
7. Kendrick Lamar
8. Big Pun
9. Joyner Lucas
10. Andre 3000

Old Post May 11th, 2018 02:23 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Originally posted by NemeBro
Me personally no, popularity means almost nothing. If I cared about popularity a relative unknown (though he's been getting more buzz recently) like Joyner Lucas wouldn't come anywhere near my list.

Big Pun also likely wouldn't make my list, because for some reason people seem to have forgotten he is an A-tier rapper, one of the all time greats up there with Pac and Biggie, since his death.

Anyway, it's based purely on how well they appeal to me. As for what appeals to me personally, I'm something of a backpacking fuccboi who really likes technical rappers, technical skill being length and density of rhymes, voice, flow, etc. Speed also plays a factor, though a rapper can be fast without being technical. Tech N9ne is the best example of this IMO, with highly advanced rhyme schemes, appealing and varied cadences, and probably the best and most versatile flow of any rapper I've ever heard. Eminem and Big Pun are also highly technical rappers, and the others on my list aren't too far from them. Here's a song from Big Pun (featuring Fat Joe) called Twinz that exemplifies some of what I'm talking about :

In particular, the couplet at the end of Big Pun's first verse is amazing.

"Dead in the middle of Little Italy little did we know
that we riddled some middleman who didn't do diddily"

This is a hot as **** couplet in terms of the rhyming, and his almost breathless flow and delivery really appeal to me.

I do value lyricism though, which is to say, emotional depth and ability to paint a vivid picture and say something with meaning. Every rapper on my list can do this, but it's largely the reason Joyner Lucas is on the list.

These are two of the most heartbreaking and intense songs I've ever heard, though they aren't particularly technical compared to Twinz for example. Which isn't to say that Joyner can't be technical either. His slaughtering of Future's Mask Off shows this:

Lucas' flow, rhyme schemes, and delivery are on point in this song, and he spits one of the fastest verses of his career during it.

Content does play a role, yeah. Part of why Tech N9ne is my favorite rapper is his darker (relative to most mainstream rap anyway) content. I'm also something of a horrorcore fan, but far too much horrorcore focuses on style over substance, which is to say they get the feel and look right, but they don't have the technical or lyrical chops to support it most of the time. Rappers that can, such as Tech N9ne (who admittedly isn't super horrorcore, especially these days), Eminem, Bone Thug, or Brotha Lynch Hung (who didn't make my list but I am a fan), as such appeal to me greatly.

You also forget an important aspect of hip hop: beats! Boring, annoying bad, or unfitting beats can ruin songs. It's not the most important thing to me, but it does matter.
all garbage

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post May 11th, 2018 04:56 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

would you prefer some lil yachty or future

Old Post May 11th, 2018 05:51 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Goat. Right here

Old Post May 13th, 2018 01:35 AM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Panzerlock

no love for eazy e?

Old Post Jun 29th, 2018 11:46 PM
Panzerlock is currently offline Click here to Send Panzerlock a Private Message Find more posts by Panzerlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Where's X at?

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jul 1st, 2018 03:44 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dynamix

Originally posted by Panzerlock
no love for eazy e?

always felt that was one of the most underrated diss songs. used to bump that EVERYDAY!

Old Post Jul 7th, 2018 09:35 PM
dynamix is currently offline Click here to Send dynamix a Private Message Find more posts by dynamix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Eazy E can't be a contender for the GOAT because he didn't write his own lyrics tbh, but yeah Real Muthaphuckkin G's is a classic diss track.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2018 10:08 PM
draxx_tOfU
Gundam Meister

Rakim

Old Post Aug 5th, 2018 01:46 AM
draxx_tOfU is currently offline Click here to Send draxx_tOfU a Private Message Find more posts by draxx_tOfU Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote