KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Captain America 3

Captain America 3
Started by: Firefly218

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

This will be HUge. And it will clearly give Batman V Superman a run for it's money.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2014 10:51 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

quote: (post)
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
I disagree. Nine heroes is more than enough since this is one movie. How much more time can you give any character if there's more than that? If Marvel had more the rest would be featured in cameo appearances. They would only need to split into two teams and focus on the characters struggles over this issue and taking sides. They great thing about Avengers were their disputes, great dialog, and their personal battles. If Civil War is anything similar, we can still have a great movie.

What would this civil war be about?

There aren't any costumed heroes in the marvel movie-verse with secret identities.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Oct 30th, 2014 11:05 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by krisblaze

There aren't any costumed heroes in the marvel movie-verse with secret identities.

It's about whether they should all be working for/reporting to a higher authority like SHIELD or the Government.

Really is out of character for Tony though to take the government's or SHIELD's side on this. Remember when he told the Government to all F Off in IM2 when talking about him giving them his Armor's design, and basically working under the government.

Would be pretty hypocritical for him to turn around on that now. But then I haven't seen Avengers 2 yet, so don't know where that film takes his character.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2014 11:18 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Yeah I'll have to hold off until the actual movie hits.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Oct 30th, 2014 11:35 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Browncoat

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
It's about whether they should all be working for/reporting to a higher authority like SHIELD or the Government.

Really is out of character for Tony though to take the government's or SHIELD's side on this. Remember when he told the Government to all F Off in IM2 when talking about him giving them his Armor's design, and basically working under the government.

Would be pretty hypocritical for him to turn around on that now. But then I haven't seen Avengers 2 yet, so don't know where that film takes his character.

He probably feels really guilty after creating ultron, and therefore decides that people like him need to be controlled.

I'm not so sure what problem Cap would have working for the government.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2014 02:36 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Firefly218

I'm not so sure what problem Cap would have working for the government.

Well last time he worked for SHIELD he found out he was practically working for Hydra.

Plus it's a liberty thing. He should work for the Government if he chooses, but wouldn't wanted to be forced to do so.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2014 02:41 PM
WhiteWitchKing

Wasn't the actual comics a bit forced for making Tony into the bad guy? I just hope Whedon/Feige is a better story teller than Bendis when it comes to why Tony and Steve as at odds in Civil War.

Originally posted by krisblaze

Age of Ultron will enlighten us. Apparently part of this has to do with IM in being favor of the Bush/Hydra doctrine: pre-empty strikes.

Last edited by WhiteWitchKing on Oct 30th, 2014 at 07:11 PM

Old Post Oct 30th, 2014 07:07 PM
WhiteWitchKing is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteWitchKing a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteWitchKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
favor of the Bush/Hydra doctrine:

Lol. Bush being Hydra.. It all makes sense now!

Old Post Oct 30th, 2014 08:13 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

This will be HUge. And it will clearly give Batman V Superman a run for it's money.

A moot point now, since DC/Warners blinked and moved Batman vs Superman up several weeks to March 2016.

As far as quality, it's already assured to be better than Batman vs Superman, simply because BvsS is being made by Zack Snyder. stick out tongue

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Oct 31st, 2014 01:44 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack M

Supposedly the script is awesome for batman B superman. Looks like Chris Terri delivered, so I wouldn't be surprised if it rivals cap 3 in quality.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2014 01:50 AM
Zack M is currently offline Click here to Send Zack M a Private Message Find more posts by Zack M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

^If Superman vs Batman is as bad as Cap 3 is going to be, I'll be disappointed.

Edit: came off as a lot more hateful than I intended stick out tongue

Thanks Estacado

Last edited by krisblaze on Oct 31st, 2014 at 02:25 AM

Old Post Oct 31st, 2014 02:11 AM
Firefly218
Browncoat

With Chris Terrio writing, I have faith bats v supes will be awesome. Zack Snyder is great for visually stunning and creativity shot movies, but he needs a good script.

Good script = Watchmen quality

Bad script = MoS quality

Old Post Oct 31st, 2014 03:09 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

^Wut

There was hardly any disparity in quality between those movies...

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Oct 31st, 2014 03:56 AM
Zack M

I agree with Firefly. MOS was shy of being a great comic book movie. If the script was good, it would have been better. Here is a quality post someone posted on another board about Batman V Superman. Some good insight, IMO.

quote:
Man, anybody that doesn't think this film is going to blow everything else we've seen up until this point out of the water is delusional.

1. Goyer, while being a notably weak writer, is phenomenal at creating storyboards and helping construct a narrative. He was a large part of the Nolan Batman trilogy, and it was really his guidance that allowed them to pull elements from so many different Batman graphic novels and tie them together in a way that created a unique story that still made sense. The man knows his comics, period.

2. Chris Terrio, who's won multiple awards (including the Oscar and Golden Globe) for writing, was brought onto the project at Affleck's request to make revisions to the script to improve the dialogue and help everything flow more organically.

3. Ben Affleck is a tremendous resource. People like to conveniently forget that he's won multiple Academy Awards/Golden Globes for writing, producing, and directing while having been nominated for acting a few times. He knows the entire filming process from behind the camera to the editing room, and happens to be a lifelong fan of these characters with a vast amount of knowledge of them. Any potential problems that Snyder may run into, he could simply ask Ben for advice.

4. Snyder himself. The director's cut of Watchmen makes my top three comic book films of all-time (tied with Captain America: The Winter Soldier, but behind The Dark Knight and V for Vendetta), and that's because it explores all the philosophical elements of the source material with very little revision on how the plot actually unfolds with a visual style that's entirely unique. And that's really it: he's a director that respects the source material whose visual style is perfect for comic book adaptations. He brings the worlds in his films alive in such a way that it feels like you're stepping into a graphic novel, and that's the experience that I want when I'm in the theater. No other director provides that.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2014 04:03 AM
Zack M is currently offline Click here to Send Zack M a Private Message Find more posts by Zack M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by roughrider
A moot point now, since DC/Warners blinked and moved Batman vs Superman up several weeks to March 2016.

Of course it's not moot. Have we ever had this happen before with 2 Massive Superhero Cross franchise Event movies coming out within a couple of months of each other?

And I have no idea which will be better and which will bank more. But I'd be seriously disappointed if either fail to deliver a Completely Epic and Awesome Movie.

Of course WB/DC have a lot more to lose if they don't deliver. It would literally put them back to square 1, whilst Marvel would learn from their mistake and carry on.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2014 08:53 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Cap 3 will make close too if not $1 billion... Batman v. Superman will make around $800 million, but this might change off and on until the films actually come out .. I;ll be seeing them both anyway multiple times

Thanks Steve... The Darkside of the force...

Old Post Oct 31st, 2014 08:46 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Cap 3 will make close too if not $1 billion... Batman v. Superman will make around $800 million, but this might change off and on until the films actually come out .. I;ll be seeing them both anyway multiple times

Nah they should both surpass the $1billion mark World Wide Imho.

Because:

Cap 3 is basically Cap V Iron Man. The last IM movie made $1.3bill, plus you have to bear in mind the last Cap movie without IM made $700mill+.

Whilst Batman V Superman is rebooting Batman, but it's still coming off a Batman trilogy that were making a Billion Dollars each without 3d ticket sales and a Superman movie which made close to $700mill ww.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2014 09:53 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Nah they should both surpass the $1billion mark World Wide Imho.

Because:

Cap 3 is basically Cap V Iron Man. The last IM movie made $1.3bill, plus you have to bear in mind the last Cap movie without IM made $700mill+.

Whilst Batman V Superman is rebooting Batman, but it's still coming off a Batman trilogy that were making a Billion Dollars each without 3d ticket sales and a Superman movie which made close to $700mill ww.

yes but you cannot put Nolanverse into Snyderverse, so people will be able to make the distinction between the two.. they already have anyway with the casing of Affleck. Which is why I said that Batman v. Superman will only make $100 million or so more than Man of Steel made.... Remember people have to enjoy everything abut the whole film and since people cried, whined, nitpicked Man of Steel and still do they may not be so inclined to power the film past $800 million worldwide. But like I said my opinion on the whole thing will change off and on up until the film opens

Thanks Steve... The Darkside of the force...

Old Post Oct 31st, 2014 11:44 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack M

Too early to tell. It all depends on how good it is. WB certainly put it in a good spot to make a ton more money.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2014 12:12 AM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
yes but you cannot put Nolanverse into Snyderverse, so people will be able to make the distinction between the two.. they already have anyway with the casing of Affleck. Which is why I said that Batman v. Superman will only make $100 million or so more than Man of Steel made.... Remember people have to enjoy everything abut the whole film and since people cried, whined, nitpicked Man of Steel and still do they may not be so inclined to power the film past $800 million worldwide. But like I said my opinion on the whole thing will change off and on up until the film opens

Yeah everyone knows is not the Nolan Bats. If it was BvS would be pretty much guaranteed to make 1.5bill. Nevertheless Nolan has made the character of Batman more popular than he's ever been. And it's the popularity of a character that brings in the box office.

For example, look at what a piece of crap IM3 was. But it just raked in the money. Why? Because IM's popularity was just Massive right after Avengers.

Say what you want about mixed reviews of MOS, but end of the day enough people purchased it when it was available to buy. Which shows people will pay to see the sequel/expansion of that film. Superman Returns on the other hand got great reviews. But sold poorly. So WB knew people wouldn't show up to a sequel, and needed to reboot.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2014 01:46 AM