KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Captain America 3

Captain America 3
Started by: Firefly218

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Gender: Male
Location: The Batcave

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Yeah everyone knows is not the Nolan Bats. If it was BvS would be pretty much guaranteed to make 1.5bill. Nevertheless Nolan has made the character of Batman more popular than he's ever been. And it's the popularity of a character that brings in the box office.

For example, look at what a piece of crap IM3 was. But it just raked in the money. Why? Because IM's popularity was just Massive right after Avengers.

Say what you want about mixed reviews of MOS, but end of the day enough people purchased it when it was available to buy. Which shows people will pay to see the sequel/expansion of that film. Superman Returns on the other hand got great reviews. But sold poorly. So WB knew people wouldn't show up to a sequel, and needed to reboot.



nah we have to agree to disagree on that...


__________________



Thanks Steve... The Darkside of the force...

Old Post Nov 1st, 2014 04:04 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WhiteWitchKing
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: United States

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Yeah everyone knows is not the Nolan Bats. If it was BvS would be pretty much guaranteed to make 1.5bill. Nevertheless Nolan has made the character of Batman more popular than he's ever been. And it's the popularity of a character that brings in the box office.

For example, look at what a piece of crap IM3 was. But it just raked in the money. Why? Because IM's popularity was just Massive right after Avengers.

Say what you want about mixed reviews of MOS, but end of the day enough people purchased it when it was available to buy. Which shows people will pay to see the sequel/expansion of that film. Superman Returns on the other hand got great reviews. But sold poorly. So WB knew people wouldn't show up to a sequel, and needed to reboot.


I'll agree on this part but if BVS is a bad movie overall then this goodwill might not last into JLA or even the solo Batman. Nolan's Batman is so great because of the story it puts Batman in. It was also terrible stories like Forever and Batman and Robin that ruined the character as well. If BVS has a poor storyline and a bunch of explosions, the Batman love will not last for mild fans of Batman. I wonder how much of that love is for Batman and how much is it for Nolan's story/vision.


__________________

Old Post Nov 1st, 2014 07:01 AM
WhiteWitchKing is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteWitchKing a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteWitchKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WhiteWitchKing
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: United States

Cap 3 makes more money for sure if Age of Ultron is as good of better than Avengers. How would that multiplier even work? Avengers boosted Winter Soldier and Iron Man 3. Age of Ultron would do the same. But would IM3 and Winter Soldiers also boost it? If Civil is as good as Winter Soldiers, it might have some legs like it's predecessor.

At one put people were sure BvS was going to beat Cap 3, now it's a whole different game.


__________________

Old Post Nov 1st, 2014 07:16 AM
WhiteWitchKing is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteWitchKing a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteWitchKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Asgard

quote: (post)
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
I'll agree on this part but if BVS is a bad movie overall then this goodwill might not last into JLA or even the solo Batman. Nolan's Batman is so great because of the story it puts Batman in. It was also terrible stories like Forever and Batman and Robin that ruined the character as well. If BVS has a poor storyline and a bunch of explosions, the Batman love will not last for mild fans of Batman. I wonder how much of that love is for Batman and how much is it for Nolan's story/vision.


Oh yeah of course. Nolan left the love for Batman in a good place. But if they start screwing up going forward, then that will all change. Just saying BvS is coming off a lot of hype and popularity for the character. It's upto the film itself though to keep and build on that or to just completely destroy all of that.

Right now people think their love for Batman and their love for Nolan's Batman is the same thing. But if BvS screws up then they suddenly might start differentiating between Nolan Batman(the one they love) and Other versions of Batman(the ones they couldn't care less about).

On the other hand IM gets away with IM2 and IM3 being sub-standard due to his massive roles in the Avenger movies keeping and further boosting his massive popularity up.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2014 08:28 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Browncoat

Gender: Male
Location: Austin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Oh yeah of course. Nolan left the love for Batman in a good place. But if they start screwing up going forward, then that will all change. Just saying BvS is coming off a lot of hype and popularity for the character. It's upto the film itself though to keep and build on that or to just completely destroy all of that.

Right now people think their love for Batman and their love for Nolan's Batman is the same thing. But if BvS screws up then they suddenly might start differentiating between Nolan Batman(the one they love) and Other versions of Batman(the ones they couldn't care less about).

On the other hand IM gets away with IM2 and IM3 being sub-standard due to his massive roles in the Avenger movies keeping and further boosting his massive popularity up.


Agreed with everything you said until the last part.

IM gets away with IM2 and IM3 because even if people thought the movies sucked, RDJ was still awesome in them. BTW, lots of people loved IM3 - myself included.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2014 04:07 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WhiteWitchKing
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: United States

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Firefly218
Agreed with everything you said until the last part.

IM gets away with IM2 and IM3 because even if people thought the movies sucked, RDJ was still awesome in them. BTW, lots of people loved IM3 - myself included.


I will have to say it's both (RDJ & Avengers) for now. But yeah, RDJ was great in IM3; however, the movie was just bad in certain areas. RDJ's brand wasn't tarnished by IM3 at all, Shane Black's was.


__________________

Old Post Nov 1st, 2014 05:11 PM
WhiteWitchKing is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteWitchKing a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteWitchKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Asgard

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Firefly218
Agreed with everything you said until the last part.

IM gets away with IM2 and IM3 because even if people thought the movies sucked, RDJ was still awesome in them. BTW, lots of people loved IM3 - myself included.



Of course RDJ is awesome in the part. But if there was no Avengers that franchise would have started going down Imo, based on the shitty sequels.

Arny is an awesome Terminator. But that alone won't save the franchise.

Nah IM3 just sucked. But when a character has become so popular, many people will just blind themselves to a lack of quality (as long as it's not consistent).

Old Post Nov 1st, 2014 05:20 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WhiteWitchKing
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: United States

I think RDJ's performance in Avengers and how great the movie was over all gave fans and new fans the idea that IM3 was going to be great as well. It wipe the IM2 image out of their mind. The marketing of Mandarin and it's hype also drove this. Marvel looked to be doing amazing things with IM3 until people actually saw the movie. lol

IM2 wasn't bad; the story was just mediocre. RDJ was still great in it.


__________________

Old Post Nov 1st, 2014 05:29 PM
WhiteWitchKing is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteWitchKing a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteWitchKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Gender: Male
Location: The Batcave

Daniel Bruhl has joined the cast.. i think i know who though...

http://www.superherohype.com/news/3...in-mystery-role


__________________



Thanks Steve... The Darkside of the force...

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 12:02 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Browncoat

Gender: Male
Location: Austin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Firefly218
Wow, what a perfect casting. This guy is incredibly talented and gives a brilliant performance in Rush.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 02:43 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack M
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location:

Yeah, he's a fantastic actor.


__________________


Avatar/Sig by One_Angry_Scot!

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 02:50 AM
Zack M is currently offline Click here to Send Zack M a Private Message Find more posts by Zack M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Australia

I only know the guy from Inglorius Basterds.


__________________
...

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 06:58 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Browncoat

Gender: Male
Location: Austin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
I only know the guy from Inglorius Basterds.

You should watch Rush, it's a really good movie.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 03:02 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Gender: Male
Location: The Batcave

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
I only know the guy from Inglorius Basterds.


Rush is a very good film


__________________



Thanks Steve... The Darkside of the force...

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 11:43 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

Gender: Male
Location: Kirigakure

So is it free to assume he's Mordo?


__________________

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post Nov 16th, 2014 06:57 AM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WhiteWitchKing
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: United States

quote: (post)
Originally posted by pym-ftw
So is it free to assume he's Mordo?


More like Red Hood. Lol. I'm thinking Zemo, though. Likely, he'll be the division of Hydra that researches magic and comes into contact with Dormammu or working with Mordo. The guy is German, and seeing as how they pick Thomas Kretschmann to play Baron Strucker, he is likely going to be playing a Hydra villain. It also makes more sense because Winter Soldier sets up Strucker already so why would Mordo even be involved? Plus Bruhl looks nothing like Mordo.

Apparently they've been in the same movie before.
(please log in to view the image)

Zemo and Strucker side by side, the best of buddies.
(please log in to view the image)


__________________

Last edited by WhiteWitchKing on Nov 16th, 2014 at 07:58 AM

Old Post Nov 16th, 2014 07:48 AM
WhiteWitchKing is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteWitchKing a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteWitchKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Australia

According to some source from Variety, Crossbones will be the main villain for this movie.


__________________
...

Old Post Nov 16th, 2014 11:34 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Browncoat

Gender: Male
Location: Austin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
According to some source from Variety, Crossbones will be the main villain for this movie.


I'd be okay with that

Old Post Nov 16th, 2014 04:11 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Gender: Male
Location: The Batcave

quote: (post)
Originally posted by pym-ftw
So is it free to assume he's Mordo?



or Zemo


__________________



Thanks Steve... The Darkside of the force...

Old Post Nov 16th, 2014 07:30 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Browncoat

Gender: Male
Location: Austin

Scarlett Johannson joins Cap 3 as Black Widow

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...ow/45921244.cms

Old Post Jan 19th, 2015 07:29 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
All times are UTC. The time now is 10:32 PM.
Pages (10): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread

Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Captain America 3

Email this Page
Subscribe to this Thread
   Post New Thread  Post A Reply

Forum Jump:
Search by user:
 

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are ON
[IMG] code is ON

Text-only version
 

< - KillerMovies.com - Forum Archive - Forum Rules >


© Copyright 2000-2006, KillerMovies.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by: vBulletin, copyright ©2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.