KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » True Detective

True Detective
Started by: Robtard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 9 10 [11]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Yeah I might. It wasn't just the characters, I really liked the setting of the first season. It was very unique for that type of show and was unhappy they moved the second season to a much more generic urban setting like LA. I also really liked the quasi horror elements of the first season, and those seemed to be MIA in the second season. Hope they can get that aspect back.

Last edited by BackFire on Sep 6th, 2017 at 08:44 PM

Old Post Sep 6th, 2017 08:38 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Stronger than Superman

I do not want them afraid to take risks and I feel if they try to mimic certain aspects of the first season they will fall short. The first season was pure magic just try something new and make the story riveting, characters, memorable, and the stakes high and I'll be excited.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2017 11:03 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Nuul
Kramer

some news about this recently...

moonlight's Mahershala Ali and greenroom director Jeremy Saulnier are aboard for season 3 and this is supposed to be set in the orzarks

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/true-d...e-rust-affleck/

Last edited by The Nuul on Oct 21st, 2017 at 10:27 PM

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 10:23 PM
The Nuul is currently offline Click here to Send The Nuul a Private Message Find more posts by The Nuul Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech

I couldn't get into Season 2, so I've sort of lost interest in this. Season 1 is amazing, though.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2017 01:41 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Nuul
some news about this recently...

moonlight's Mahershala Ali and greenroom director Jeremy Saulnier are aboard for season 3 and this is supposed to be set in the orzarks

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/true-d...e-rust-affleck/

All great news. Green Room is a great movie, guy is a talented director capable of making very dark, brooding and atmospheric pictures.

And very happy we're getting back to a more rural setting. The setting in the first season was a huge part of why it was good, was a big part of the mood and tone of the first season.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2017 08:39 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote