KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » True Detective

True Detective
Started by: Robtard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Best episode of the season. It might actually prove a decent season by the end.

The plot is still too complicated though. I found it really difficult to understand who the girl they were trying to rescue was and what connection the diamonds have to the main plot.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2015 12:57 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
Please tell us again how your obsession with other men's dicks isn't homosexual at all.
Chill out and stick to the topic.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2015 05:03 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Five days to respond and all you could muster was copying what I said to you in another thread. Meh, why bother.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jul 31st, 2015 11:31 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Omega Vision
Best episode of the season. It might actually prove a decent season by the end.

The plot is still too complicated though. I found it really difficult to understand who the girl they were trying to rescue was and what connection the diamonds have to the main plot.

Feel the same way concerning the girl and not sure at all where the blue diamonds fit it. I thought it was due to watching the show in the company of loud talkers.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2015 11:34 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

There are too many threads, and unlike in season 1 there isn't one main antagonist (in that case the Yellow King) to connect them.

I think we know too little about the bad guys to really have a sense of what's coming or if we should even fear them.

I wonder if the Mexicans Frank was dealing with are in some way linked to the shady goings on, or if they're just side menaces.

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2015 12:04 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Great episode.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2015 02:40 AM
Ascendancy

That was intense, no other way to put it. They really didn't give Vaughn's character enough depth, though. I get that there are people who never show emotion in real life, but it doesn't play well for a show. They just wrote him two one-dimensionally, hiding behind his tropes no matter what's going on.

I still want to know how they got at the wanna-be Attorney General. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Clearly she was talking to someone, somewhere about what was going on, or she was cataloging everything as it went and the spooks who set things up in the tunnel were monitoring enough to catch onto it. I had the feeling it wasn't going to just be sewn up neatly when Farrell arrived to meet her, but it feels like they're getting pretty sloppy to try and pin something like that on him just to get him in the open so they can take him out later.

Speaking of the spooks, I'm still not clear as to what the discussion was about our now deceased detective having one of the others look into it. As to the shooter who got him outside of the door, I'm assuming that was the same cop who was watching him while he was in the archives earlier in the episode?

I feel like there's a lot of little stuff that I'd have to go back and watch the season again to catch. I will say that for it being such a big conspiracy, it's overall pretty believable. These last two episodes and the shootout before the time skip were definitely the best of the season.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2015 04:49 AM
Ascendancy is currently offline Click here to Send Ascendancy a Private Message Find more posts by Ascendancy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

This was the first episode where I actually cared about Paul Woodrugh. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Wouldn't you know it, it's also the episode where they off him. I was actually shocked and saddened to see him die, especially considering he was the only detective who hadn't been burned by the corrupt powers

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2015 01:01 PM
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

his death couldn't have been more obvious. I was actually getting annoyed because it wasn't happening. Although, i thought the person to do it was gonna be that black dude who he (incomprehensibly) didn't kill.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2015 06:49 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

You initially had your doubts, but thought he was home free after he made it through the final door, just like everyone else. No one expected gremlin-face guy to be hiding in the shadows, Mouth.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2015 11:17 PM
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

When he got to that final door, i thought he was gonna catch one of the head like Leo did when the elevator door opens in 'The Departed'. So yeah, i was wrong several times about the when.

i definitely didn't expect it to be that guy, but i knew it would happen.

Don't ever question me again, tart.

Last edited by marwash22 on Aug 4th, 2015 at 01:31 AM

Old Post Aug 4th, 2015 01:27 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Last episode tonight. My body is ready.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2015 05:03 PM
Omega Vision

Old Post Aug 10th, 2015 01:44 AM
Ascendancy

Originally posted by Omega Vision
http://www.nytimes.com/video/nyregi...gion=title-area

LOL.

I know that feel. I thought I was just having issues with the names, but I guess I wasn't crazy for barely knowing who anyone was by name. The whole thing with the crow mask and the guy being a nutjob, how big the conspiracy was, how it 'came together' at the end, the final scene walking in Venezuela, it was just too much. It was also too little. The resolution with the reporter was weak, how Farrell acted after leaving the school and getting to the car didn't feel right, the always there chick playing her mood rock was finally too much and added nothing, and it felt like they added new holes for no reason. And how dafuq does this black bag, working with trained killers cop not notice the fking stranger in a dark black hoodie sitting on the other side of a bench while he openly discusses murder?

It was nice to see Vaughn actually getting to act a bit in the desert, but I don't believe he really would have jumped that stupid in the home stretch, nor do I believe that after being in hiding and on no one's radar, that when he comes up to make two stops that his 'old friends' get onto them the way they did. I certainly don't believe that he would have been so dumb as to get trapped like that.

What's crazy is that I feel a two hour twenty minute movie could have put this together and sewn it all up more neatly than this entire season. The show definitely peaked the last two weeks, then took a nosedive with the finale. I feel like the show should have started with the shoot out episode and ended last week. Leaving it at that may have just barely left more holes than this episode did, but at least it would have gone out strong.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2015 03:52 AM
Ascendancy is currently offline Click here to Send Ascendancy a Private Message Find more posts by Ascendancy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

this season, IMHO has been horrible... too many stories going on at once.. the time change.. etc.. the story even was bad....

if hbo does a third season then they better recall what made the first season great

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 10th, 2015 03:58 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ascendancy

Well the first season had a time change, so that really wasn't an issue.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2015 04:26 AM
LordofBrooklyn

The finale saved the season.

They played on the emotions throught and it seemed they would actually make it out unscathed.

Season 1 as a bar is too high of a standard to go by. When I watch the first season it is perfection from the beginning to the end.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2015 04:45 AM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

I'm actually gonna watch this entire season over again. Maybe it will be more satisfying and cohesive when binge-watched in it's entirety.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2015 05:25 AM
Omega Vision

I like how the [SPOILER - highlight to read]: prediction from the beginning of episode 3 came true for Velcoro

I feel like this is the only episode that made real use of the California setting with the redwoods and the desert.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2015 03:45 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

What no one saw, the ending being: [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Vaughn's widow and McAdams hooking up to raise Farrel's bastard as a lesbian couple in Venezuela.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2015 04:53 PM