KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » The Batman and Spider-Man swap cities. Who fares better against the other'senemies?

The Batman and Spider-Man swap cities. Who fares better against the other'senemies?
Started by: maxivitopowe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bentley
Seitei

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

and the Salvation Run storyline, where the villains followed his leadership. [/B]

PIS.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Feb 11th, 2014 04:39 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by Bentley
PIS.

Admittedly, they then starved and fell out lol.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2014 04:40 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Originally posted by Sin I AM
Joker trumps every villian Spiderman ever faced. .hush, the black mask the league would crush Spiderman and kill May for shits n giggles

Nah I'd say Spidey is too smart for Black mask or hush. At best they would have a back and forth, spidey's raw brain power would at the very least keep it a chess match. No way would either of them stomp him in any way. What plans could they really come up with that his spidey sense wouldn't phuck up at some point? Joker maybe, but he's a physical force that these guys just don't have the experience against. Not to mention his tech.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2014 08:06 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by JayDaDon
Nah I'd say Spidey is too smart for Black mask or hush. At best they would have a back and forth, spidey's raw brain power would at the very least keep it a chess match. No way would either of them stomp him in any way. What plans could they really come up with that his spidey sense wouldn't phuck up at some point? Joker maybe, but he's a physical force that these guys just don't have the experience against. Not to mention his tech.

Black Mask and his organisation, on his own, maybe not. But as a distraction whilst Joker is running riot? Sure.

Hush had the advantage of knowing Bruce Wayne - if we replicated the EXACT circumstances (very unlikely lol) then he would wreck Spidey's life. As it is, he is good for organising the villains to take Spidey down, nothing more.

Black Glove is more dangerous, anyway. Spidey is small fry to them.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2014 08:21 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Ock before Superior was easily more dangerous than Joker on his best day minus Emperor.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2014 08:38 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by SamZED
Ock before Superior was easily more dangerous than Joker on his best day minus Emperor.

How so?

Of course, he has had more 'supervillain' type schemes like the Octavian Lens.....but again, its mainly because Joker wants to play with Batman, not because he wants to rule the world or amass riches.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2014 08:53 PM
SamZED

How so?

Of course, he has had more 'supervillain' type schemes like the Octavian Lens.....but again, its mainly because Joker wants to play with Batman, not because he wants to rule the world or amass riches.
And Ock wanted to mess with Parker. He was one button push away from destroying the entire planet with both Avengers and FF unable to stop him. One thing Joker has over Otto is his insanity and IMO that alone does not make him a greater threat than Ock. AFAIR the only time Joker pulled something of a similar magnitude was during Last Laugh.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2014 09:09 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Black Mask and his organisation, on his own, maybe not. But as a distraction whilst Joker is running riot? Sure.

Hush had the advantage of knowing Bruce Wayne - if we replicated the EXACT circumstances (very unlikely lol) then he would wreck Spidey's life. As it is, he is good for organising the villains to take Spidey down, nothing more.

I don't see it as that cut and dry. All Parker has in this scenario is his aunt may and his house. He doesn't have nearly the same amount of avenues to be phucked with that Bruce wayne does. There is a very limited amount of ways you could get to him in this scenario. The most effective would probably be hurting innocents, but that's nothing he hasn't dealt with before. And I didn't mean the black glove. Wasn't he a black lantern lol

Last edited by BruhMan on Feb 11th, 2014 at 10:23 PM

Old Post Feb 11th, 2014 10:20 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maxivitopowe
Herr Universem

he actually has just horizon labs

Ignore list : BoardWalker

Old Post Feb 11th, 2014 10:28 PM
maxivitopowe is currently offline Click here to Send maxivitopowe a Private Message Find more posts by maxivitopowe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by JayDaDon
I don't see it as that cut and dry. All Parker has in this scenario is his aunt may and his house. He doesn't have nearly the same amount of avenues to be phucked with that Bruce wayne does. There is a very limited amount of ways you could get to him in this scenario. The most effective would probably be hurting innocents, but that's nothing he hasn't dealt with before. And I didn't mean the black glove. Wasn't he a black lantern lol

Lol the Black Glove are a group of super wealthy, super powerful people with their own metahuman/villain army, with wealth that supposedly dwarfs even Bruce's. Politicians, CEOs - think the Court of Owls, but on steroids.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2014 10:49 PM
DarkSaint85

And Ock wanted to mess with Parker. He was one button push away from destroying the entire planet with both Avengers and FF unable to stop him. One thing Joker has over Otto is his insanity and IMO that alone does not make him a greater threat than Ock. AFAIR the only time Joker pulled something of a similar magnitude was during Last Laugh.

What I meant was, Joker is far more dangerous because he knows Batman and his secrets. Otto - when the battle is over, he will be locked in prison, with a fear of spiders.

With Joker, you'll always be worried what he might do next. That's why, IMHO, he's more dangerous.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2014 10:50 PM
SamZED

I think that's the case for Ock too. Worrying what he might do next I mean.
Last time he got locked in prison we got the Superior SM book.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2014 02:39 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

Like the Last Laugh?

Old Post Feb 12th, 2014 02:43 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Like the Last Laugh?
Yeah.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2014 02:45 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

I don't know about that. Joker pretty ****ed over the entire world just because he thought he was dying.

And still Joker isn't putting forth his best effort to be a "threat"

Old Post Feb 12th, 2014 02:54 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

That's pretty much what Ock did. If it wasn't for his CIS he would've feighed the planet.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2014 02:59 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus

I'm not even a Spider-Man fan but Black Mask, Hush, Black Glove? Peter has dealt with people just as bad, if not worse. He'll overcome any challenge they put in his path. The sheer stat difference alone puts the villains on the defensive. Batman in his own books is far more toned down then the JLA version even in technology.

How dangerous Joker is depends on what rules we us. DC has this weird thing where being crazy is in of itself some kind of twisted Longshot power. In Marvel, I doubt he'd last a week before someone like Punisher or -insert hero- comes along and puts him in a grave.

I don't think any other villain aside from Doom gets away with the kind of bullshit Joker pulls but at least he has realistic reasons and he never goes out of his way to kill large groups of people just because.

Anyways, I think Joker would be most dangerous because of the sheer lengths he'd go to and the lack of boundaries but people seem to forget that Peter is far from inexperienced in dealing with dangerous and intelligent psychos due to Osborn.

I think he might very well find out who Peter is and go after May. He might even kill or severely injure her but it will always end up with him in jail. Except this isn't Batman and Peter might very well punch his head off if pushed too far.

Ultimately this depends on the writer. I'm certain there are more then a number of writers who would have Spider-Man clean up Gotham City no problem due to the enemies he's use to and his massive stat edge. Others would probably have him being pushed by the sheer corruption and psychos running around. Then again, Marvel is generally darker and it's citizens far more prone to hating heroes and being crazy bigots.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Feb 12th, 2014 at 03:07 AM

Old Post Feb 12th, 2014 03:03 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Lol the Black Glove are a group of super wealthy, super powerful people with their own metahuman/villain army, with wealth that supposedly dwarfs even Bruce's. Politicians, CEOs - think the Court of Owls, but on steroids.

Know what, I was thinking of Black hand. Ditto to everything Rage said.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2014 06:17 AM
DarkSaint85

What would Spidey do to people like the League, Black Glove etc? Itsnot like he can solve them by punching....i Admit, there's a massive stat advantage, but whilst the League admittedly have a single figurehead a la kingpin to take down.....he's not doing much toglove.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2014 07:22 AM
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I don't think any other villain aside from Doom gets away with the kind of bullshit Joker pulls but at least he has realistic reasons and he never goes out of his way to kill large groups of people just because.

Kang made war on Earth, destroyed Washington DC and then lived to drink martinis because that's how he rolls.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Feb 12th, 2014 07:44 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote