KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » She Hulk vs Spiderman

She Hulk vs Spiderman
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkSaint85

quote: (post)
Originally posted by h1a8
What is the 4th wall?

As a great man once said, "Boards don't hit back."
Of course she can serious hurt Spidey. No one is arguing against that.
I'm saying she would have a nearly impossible time hitting him, especially with the speed difference, webbing, agility difference, and Spidey's pre cog SS. He can possibly wear her out to pull off a win.

Look it up.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2014 07:51 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Originally posted by JayDaDon
P.s. The last guy who incapacitated Spidey with a thunder clap was an amped Colossus(a lot stronger than she hulk with a deafening metallic ring to boot) so I'm not so sure its an auto win for her anyway.

Lol. Still, if we are to refer PIS showings from the sh1tfest known as AvX, one of Colossus' peers was getting manhandled by Ben Grimm. Not to mention that She-Hulk has punched out Mistress Death herself.

So yeah, Shulkie uses one of dem Abstract-busting punches to erase Spidey from existence.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2014 07:57 AM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Originally posted by Epicurus
She-Hulk got an official strength boost as well. Along with considerable h2h training(iirc, Cap himself has trained her).
Lol, so him being on the receiving end of a fight against an opponent vastly more durable, stronger and with a better hf than him is a bad showing for him? What delusional, pixie dust land do you live in?
My argument was largely pointed at Kurdy's ridiculous idea that it's debatable whether she could even break out of it, when we've seen a weaker incarnation of Shulkie do it.
Lol, and again I ask how exactly is his superior technical knowledge proof of him being smarter? Have you not watched Breaking Bad? She-Hulk convinced the Living F*cking Tribunal himself to spare the 616-universe when the latter was weighing its worthiness against the Ultimateverse. Using nothing but her argumentative skills. She isn't the sexualized moron from the Byrne era anymore. She's evolved during the last couple decades.
No need to get all hostile and defensive, that's not what I meant when I talked about bad showing, nothing wrong with him having a hard time with her. Once again I was specifically referring to his ability to hurt her because that's the point that was discussed when I got into the debate. That's all I was saying. And I do believe he can.
I guess we have different understanding of the word "smart". Im not questioning her debating skills either but as far as "general smarts" goes being "half as smart as Spider-man" is a hugeass compliment and I dont belive that she is, does not make her a morron.
I agree she can break out, only saying that a large amount of it can slow her down.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2014 08:17 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Originally posted by SamZED
No need to get all hostile and defensive, that's not what I meant when I talked about bad showing, nothing wrong with him having a hard time with her. Once again I was specifically referring to his ability to hurt her because that's the point that was discussed when I got into the debate. That's all I was saying. And I do believe he can.

I guess we have different understanding of the word "smart". Im not questioning her debating skills either but as far as "general smarts" goes being "half as smart as Spider-man" is a hugeass compliment and I dont belive that she is, does not make her a morron.

I agree she can break out, only saying that a large amount of it can slow her down.

Then point out exactly what did you mean when claiming that it was a bad showing for him.

Spider-Man having a higher IQ then her does not translate to him being smarter than her. I doubt that one can even properly quantify how smart people are in general.

So you concede that trapping her with webbing is an ineffective tactic? Good.

Shulkie wins 10/10.smile

Old Post Feb 17th, 2014 08:36 AM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Then point out exactly what did you mean when claiming that it was a bad showing for him.

Spider-Man having a higher IQ then her does not translate to him being smarter than her. I doubt that one can even properly quantify how smart people are in general.

So you concede that trapping her with webbing is an ineffective tactic? Good.

Shulkie wins 10/10.smile

Thought I did in the previous post. Him hurting his hand on her face. Thats not consistent with his showings against characters of her class.

Fair enough. I guess it depends on ones definition of smarts. Imo in this context its about overall knowledge. If you ever watched Big Bang Theory... Someone like Sheldon is clearly smarter than say Penny. At the same time he lacks understanding of basic things, pop culture. In that context she could be consired smarter, but in general can not compete.

Now i never said thar.stick out tongue Slowing down her with webbing just gives Spider-man more opportunities for a speedblitz.

I would give her the majority but 10/10? Heck no.big grin

Old Post Feb 17th, 2014 09:14 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Problem is, if we allow obvious PIS moments of Spiderman hurting people way above his weight class - which, let's face it, are PIS moments - then She-Hulk gets her numerous PIS moments as well of hurting people way above her weight class. Such as being tactical and clever enough to change the Living Tribunal's mind, punching Mistress Death out etc.

The double standards here are quite funny. On the one hand, Spidey, who holds his own against people he, as a Class 20, has no business fighting.....against She Hulk, who, as a Class 100, holds her own against people she has no business fighting.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2014 10:45 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

But are we really going to compare Spider-man hurting class 90-100 bricks to She-Hulk hurting Lady Death? The gap between the two showings is ridiculously huge. On one hand it's Spider-man who consistently performs class 20+ feats when under stress and is consistently shown to punch hard enough for low class 100 to feel it.. and on the other hand a feat that would normally require a sky-father + level being. That is not the same. In fact Spider-man hurting people above his weight class is consistent enough to not be concidered PIS. Heck even decades old bio of his states that when he's stressed his strength goes from class 10 to an "uncharted area" and he lives up to it. And thats me excluding his obvious PIS showings.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2014 11:27 AM
DarkSaint85

But are we really going to compare Spider-man hurting class 90-100 bricks to She-Hulk hurting Lady Death? The gap between the two showings is ridiculously huge. On one hand it's Spider-man who consistently performs class 20+ feats when under stress and is consistently shown to punch hard enough for low class 100 to feel it.. and on the other hand a feat that would normally require a sky-father + level being. That is not the same. In fact Spider-man hurting people above his weight class is consistent enough to not be concidered PIS. Heck even decades old bio of his states that when he's stressed his strength goes from class 10 to an "uncharted area" and he lives up to it. And thats me excluding his obvious PIS showings.

Same with She-Hulk, when she does things like:

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/...os/shehulk1.jpg

She can do Loboesque Loony Toons feats - and has done so pretty consistently in canon comics (so not just an isolated case here and there, like the Joker breaking the 4th wall and talking to the reader, or Emma Frost answering letters pages, for example). She is a humorous character who has done things so often, it's not PIS.

I mean, if I did a Squirrel Girl thread, SG's feats and showings are all applicable, right? Why not She-Hulk?

And don't get me started on the dynamic strength thing lol. This IS a Hulk we are talking about, after all...

Last edited by DarkSaint85 on Feb 17th, 2014 at 11:37 AM

Old Post Feb 17th, 2014 11:34 AM
BruhMan
World Champion

Lol. Still, if we are to refer PIS showings from the sh1tfest known as AvX, one of Colossus' peers was getting manhandled by Ben Grimm. Not to mention that She-Hulk has punched out Mistress Death herself.

So yeah, Shulkie uses one of dem Abstract-busting punches to erase Spidey from existence.

How is it PIS if spidey does this stuff all. THE. TIME?

Old Post Feb 17th, 2014 04:21 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Anyway, all She hulk really has is strength, doesn't mean much if she can't hit him.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2014 04:24 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Same with She-Hulk, when she does things like:

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/...os/shehulk1.jpg

Madcap's HF is really uber to recover from something like that big grin

Old Post Feb 17th, 2014 04:24 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

TBF, so did Shulkie in her comics.

And if we take the sum entirety of Spidey's comics, and his 'hurting Namor' level punches, they would form a small %age of his performance levels.

He doesn't do this every week, and nor does Shulkie every week. Problem is, Spiderman has waaaaay more showings than her.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2014 04:25 PM
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Madcap's HF is really uber to recover from something like that big grin

Shulkie had the good manners to restore him!!!!

Old Post Feb 17th, 2014 04:26 PM
BruhMan
World Champion

If we aren't talking about 4th wall garbage, then I remember her doing well against quite a few bruisers. But the point is, based on his showings, Spidey can definitely hurt Shulkie with his punches.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2014 04:30 PM
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

She-Hulk should win this fight 9/10.
See Incredible Hercules to see what 25 cars on Spider-man's head will do. It will kill him.

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post Feb 17th, 2014 04:37 PM
Wonder Man is online now! Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

How the hell are they gonna catch him to do that? Right, they won't. Anyone in Hercules/She hulk's range hitting Spider-man with even one car is PIS of the highest order.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2014 04:40 PM
DarkSaint85

Right.

So we are just ignoring her on-panel feats in a canon comic then.....

And then using the argument that 'Spiderman does it so many times, its usable!'?

Old Post Feb 17th, 2014 04:43 PM
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Spider-Man goes about tanking punishment from trans tier characters all the time? What crack are you on?

Old Post Feb 17th, 2014 05:53 PM
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Thought I did in the previous post. Him hurting his hand on her face. Thats not consistent with his showings against characters of her class.

Fair enough. I guess it depends on ones definition of smarts. Imo in this context its about overall knowledge. If you ever watched Big Bang Theory... Someone like Sheldon is clearly smarter than say Penny. At the same time he lacks understanding of basic things, pop culture. In that context she could be consired smarter, but in general can not compete.

Now i never said thar.stick out tongue Slowing down her with webbing just gives Spider-man more opportunities for a speedblitz.

I would give her the majority but 10/10? Heck no.big grin

If you had, then we wouldn't be debating the point at hand. Lol, so indirect comparisons take precedence over how he would fare in a physical matchup against over direct evidence showcasing him being incapable of taking her down? What sort of bullsh1t logic is that?

Gus Fring was smarter than Walter White in Breaking Bad. And Gus wasn't one tenth the technical expert which Walt was.

Yes you did. No it wouldn't. It'll just prolong the beating he'll inevitably receive once Shulkie gets her hands on him.

That's because you're a spider-fanboy.thumb down

Old Post Feb 17th, 2014 05:58 PM
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Seriously, the spider-wankery on full display in this thread is outright appalling. The mental gymnastics, denial of evidence, the blatant hypocrisy of citing PIS feats, usage of cover pages as "proof" etc is every bit as bad as the crap which people like Wolverine fanboys pull off from time to time.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2014 06:02 PM