KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Tauriel

Tauriel
Started by: Salthasha

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Salthasha

Tauriel

Non Canon character but she so fits, and I must say that I am very satisfied with how she was written in. it was J.r.r. Tolkien's goal that others might expand upon his world and at last it seems at least in Hollywood a tasteful and respectful job has been done when adding Tauriel the ginger headed elf played by the most lovely Evangeline Lilly.
I am an elf person have always been so since my earliest of days portraying them in D and D, though typically I am not of most gamers I do shower and brush my teeth and am excessive in my motivation at work, I would say as far as the lovelies are concerned my Favorite is 1. Tauriel 2. Arwen 3. Galadriel, in the movies.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2014 03:56 PM
Salthasha is currently offline Click here to Send Salthasha a Private Message Find more posts by Salthasha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Re: Tauriel

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Salthasha
though typically I am not of most gamers I do shower and brush my teeth and am excessive in my motivation at work
Oh go f*ck yourself.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2014 07:07 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
COG Veteran
Teh GrOovY 1

Tauriel was just some lame creation and a lame attempt at creating a love story with another character who never even had any dialog in the book.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2014 11:07 PM
COG Veteran is currently offline Click here to Send COG Veteran a Private Message Find more posts by COG Veteran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draugwen
The Wanderer

Oh my. I haven't been on this forum in more than six years, but this is one thing I just can't shut up about. I am also an elf person, and Tauriel is simply a badly written character. The basic idea (a female captain of the guard) had potential, but the result is a combination of all the clichés you find in bad fanfiction. Not to mention that she is utterly unsuited for her military position.

But then... the Mirkwood elves all turned out fairly messed up in the Hobbit as it is.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2014 11:57 PM
Draugwen is currently offline Click here to Send Draugwen a Private Message Find more posts by Draugwen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

She was actually shown in BFME2 before her appearance in the movie. I liked her as a character but just the fact that either she or Legolas were in there kind makes me feel like they're betraying the original incarnation of The Hobbit. She's a great actor and alone might have been an interesting new character but I must say I dislike the love triangle that took up around half an hour of the movie.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2014 07:25 AM
Syndicate is currently offline Click here to Send Syndicate a Private Message Find more posts by Syndicate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote