KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » How GREAT Lord of the Rings is compared to Harry Potter and how it COPIED LOTR.

How Bad do you think the Harry Potter movies are?
This poll is closed.
VERY BAD! I CANNOT SIT THROUGH THE MOVIE. 3 37.50%
AWFUL. I WANT TO SUE HOW EVER MADE THIS MOVIE. 0 0%
TERRIBLE. I WANT TO KILL MYSELF WHEN I SEE THIS MOVIE. 0 0%
HORRIBLE. I ACTUALLY KILL MYSELF WHEN I SEE THIS MOVIE. I AM A GHOST FROM THE PAST. 5 62.50%
Total: 8 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

How GREAT Lord of the Rings is compared to Harry Potter and how it COPIED LOTR.
Started by: cermiestar

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dexx
wingless

i can't realise how this movie/s (HP) can stear up so much controverse.

Old Post May 5th, 2003 05:31 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
turin

ya, it is kind of an odd movie to be sturin the pot. now somewhere i heard this and it might have just been a joke i completely fell for, but i had heard that the story of Hary Potter was ripped of from some story some guy wrote in the early 1900's with a similar name. Im not trying to spread propaganda but it seemed a little far fetched so i thought i would ask everbody and find the truth to it.

and filled with wrath and despair he mounted upon Rochallor his great horse and rode forth alone, and none might restrain him. He passed over Dor-nu-Fauglith like a wind amid the dust, and all that beheld his onset fled in amaze, thinking that Oromë himself was come: for a great madness of rage was upon him, so that his eyes shone like the eyes of the Valar.

Old Post May 5th, 2003 06:19 PM
turin is currently offline Click here to Send turin a Private Message Find more posts by turin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

all i know about hp origin is that it was written as a bed time storry.,

Old Post May 5th, 2003 07:06 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

quote:
Originally posted by cermiestar
Hey u know in iceland. they TOTALLY believe in elves. they won't build over ground where they think elves live. Isn't that COOL!

nonsense

Old Post May 5th, 2003 07:34 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It was changed to Sorcerer's because it American publishers seem to think their reading public is dumb and would not know what the Philosopher's Stone is.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post May 5th, 2003 10:33 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
turin

and where did you get that information from or are you assuming. maybe the publishers felt or maybe even did some studies determining that the different name is more marketable in the US. not that they did a study and felt we were dumber.

and filled with wrath and despair he mounted upon Rochallor his great horse and rode forth alone, and none might restrain him. He passed over Dor-nu-Fauglith like a wind amid the dust, and all that beheld his onset fled in amaze, thinking that Oromë himself was come: for a great madness of rage was upon him, so that his eyes shone like the eyes of the Valar.

Old Post May 5th, 2003 10:49 PM
turin is currently offline Click here to Send turin a Private Message Find more posts by turin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

They think it is more marketable because they do not think enough Americans recognise what the Philosopher's Stone is, and would not buy the book ebcause of the word 'Philosopher' and so they turned it into something meaningless. This is effectively making out that American kids have less knowledge than those in the rest of the world. This sort of thing has happened before. That is just how it is. It is a ridiculous situation.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on May 5th, 2003 at 11:40 PM

Old Post May 5th, 2003 11:23 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Are you meaning to imply, Cermiestar, that I am a stupid Californian who has no idea what the word Philosipher means and that it is my friends fault and mine, as well as the rest of the population of the California State? I take that as an insult, just so you know.

Also...

1) I'm glad you won't spam any more.
2) I came here to this thread because I have the freedom of choice and can do as I please.
3) Yes, it's a British site, and NO it DOES NOT MATTER if you live in England.
4) Why do you keep numbering your points?

Old Post May 6th, 2003 04:13 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

california is a beautiful state. i also live here and i dont see the connection between the name change and being californian. seems to me something only a fool would think is connected.

Old Post May 6th, 2003 07:35 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Well said. smile

Old Post May 6th, 2003 02:38 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cermiestar
kitten

Ok. Because of the time difference or between America and England, u r posting at like 2am in the moring by my time.
1)hello. they do believe in elves in Iceland. it is NOT nonsense. Have you been to Iceland? Well I have and they divert roads and stuff just so they don't build on these Elvish places. so don't tell me it's nonsense.
2)People, I am not trying to imply that Americans are DUMBER than the rest of the world. Though there might be some truth in it.....KIDDING. really. And i was not referring to California specifically! I was quoting something u said. Like referring to ALL americans by saying whatever it was i said about california. Like MOST americans refer to all British people as being Londoners. STEROTYPES. Every country does it to every other country. Ok, yes I am from london, but i do not speak in a cockney accent, i do not speak in the queens english and no, i am not on speaking terms with teh queen. EVERY COUNTRY HAS STEROTYPES. see my point? anyway, i am not implying you are all stupid, just that the publishers were making a stupid decision in changing the name fro america just cos they THOUGHT that they were more stupid than the rest of the world.
3)I am glad u r glad i am stopping with the spamming. *curtsies*
4)I DO NOT THINK ANYTHING TO DO WITH BEING CALIFORNIAN AND HAVING A NAME CHANGE IS CONNECTED. note above : social steryotypes and quotes.
5)Why do i keep numbering my points? I do not know.

Old Post May 6th, 2003 05:37 PM
cermiestar is currently offline Click here to Send cermiestar a Private Message Find more posts by cermiestar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
turin

JUST A TEST TO SEE IF I GOT MY SIG RIGHT

Old Post May 6th, 2003 05:54 PM
turin

well how do you know that they felt like we were dumberer. I never heard that stereo type that we are dumberer then everyone. i just think sorcerers stone sounds more exciting then philosophers stone.

Old Post May 6th, 2003 06:00 PM
cermiestar
kitten

Yes but u are licing in america aren't u.

Old Post May 6th, 2003 06:06 PM
cermiestar is currently offline Click here to Send cermiestar a Private Message Find more posts by cermiestar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cermiestar
kitten

yes but u r living in america. aren't u. u wouldn't know ALL the sterotypes about ur country would u.

Old Post May 6th, 2003 06:06 PM
cermiestar
kitten

And it is a well known fact that publishers thought americans wouldn't understand philosophers stone.

Old Post May 6th, 2003 06:08 PM
turin

true i wouldnt know all the stereotypes, but how is it well known that the publishers thought we would be to dumb? i havent followed this movie at all so i dont really know anything about the publishers or any stories that pop up about the film.

Old Post May 6th, 2003 06:13 PM
cermiestar
kitten

I don't know, it was in the news a while back. But they assumed it and they should be the ones u r asking. NOT ME!

Old Post May 6th, 2003 06:21 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It is what the publishers said, that is why. It was in the news at the time.

They didn't say you were too dumb, obviously, they said you would not get the reference. But everyone else in the world seemed ok. So it seemed to be making out that the US publishers thought American kids didn't know as much to get the reference, which is nonsense. It was silly.

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on May 6th, 2003 at 07:33 PM

Old Post May 6th, 2003 06:27 PM
cermiestar
kitten

Yes! i agree! that is what i was trying to say....but Ushgarak did it in much fewer words than me....and it made more sense.

Old Post May 6th, 2003 07:32 PM