KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Who wins the race: Surfer vs Flash

Who wins the race: Surfer vs Flash
Started by: Dream Stuff

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (28): « First ... « 24 25 [26] 27 28 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
YOU'D DO WELL NOT TO ANGER ME!!!

It isn't me you need to worry about. Bada's been itching to drop the ban-hammer for a while now.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 21st, 2017 03:25 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by -Pr-
It isn't me you need to worry about. Bada's been itching to drop the ban-hammer for a while now.

THE RAPTOR IS RAPIDLY DECAYING!!!!!!

HE FEARS ME!!!!!

Old Post Jan 21st, 2017 03:32 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Dude, I'm not kidding around. This thread is bad enough without people adding to the nonsense that's been going on.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 21st, 2017 04:19 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Master

Originally posted by abhilegend

Surfer has never crossed Galaxies in seconds.

I don't think he has ever crossed galaxies on panel.

How bout' universeS?

Surfer travels across 1000 entire universeS in seconds. imo ... less than 10 seconds! thumb up

(HOW many "seconds" exactly though... that's open to interpretation)

Surfer takes off from Earth and first visits Zenn-La, then he begins his speed feat journey.

It is not outright stated it was "in seconds" ...
but I easily reached this conclusion from the following two pages.

Although I believe this,
I also think the "speed" of the feat is open to interpretation based on how one views the circumstances.

Basically, as Surfer leaves Zenn-La to find a race called the "Decimators" (located 1000 universeS away)
Human Torch lets off his full power and is no sold, literally, "seconds later" it's over,
because Surfer already reached the reality of the "Decimators" located 1000 universeS away.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Last edited by Mr Master on Jan 22nd, 2017 at 10:09 PM

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2017 10:04 PM
Mr Master is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Master a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Non-canon though. This was a look at what their theoretical final adventure might be like.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2017 10:28 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

We don't see him crossing those universes though.

He flies to Zenn-La and then flies off planet, but the rest happens off panel.

We don't know how he got there, and its not unlikely that he could have used his cosmic awareness to pin-point the location and then opened a portal to get there faster.

We have a prior feat posted of him crossing 500,000 light years by opening a portal, for example. So we know Surfer is prone to opening hyperspace portals to cross vast distances.

Believe it or not, even if we took it straight, travelling to the source wall would still be a comparable or better feat than that. DC's universe is at least hundreds of trillions of light years in size. Which would make it thousands of times bigger than a normal universe.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2017 10:29 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JBL
Wrestling God

Originally posted by CosmicComet
We don't see him crossing those universes though.

He flies to Zenn-La and then flies off planet, but the rest happens off panel.

We don't know how he got there, and its not unlikely that he could have used his cosmic awareness to pin-point the location and then opened a portal to get there faster.

We have a prior feat posted of him crossing 500,000 light years by opening a portal, for example. So we know Surfer is prone to opening hyperspace portals to cross vast distances.

Believe it or not, even if we took it straight, travelling to the source wall would still be a comparable or better feat than that. DC's universe is at least hundreds of trillions of light years in size. Which would make it thousands of times bigger than a normal universe.
The same could be said about those unknown Universes Surfer crossed. It's far better than the source wall feat though.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2017 10:51 PM
JBL is currently offline Click here to Send JBL a Private Message Find more posts by JBL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

It isn't, seeing as the DC universe is confirmed to be at least hundreds of trillions of lightyears in diameter, and that would still be a low-ball.

Our own universe itself is only around 90 billion lightyears.

Since we don't have numbers for those universes that Surfer supposedly crossed, we have to assume that ~90 billion lightyears is the average size for them.

That and if he opened a wormhole, it disqualifies it as a straightforward speed feat anyway.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2017 10:57 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JBL
Wrestling God

We just cannot assume that they are only 90 billion. They vary in size. In the cross-over, marvel and DC were about equal in size.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2017 11:09 PM
JBL is currently offline Click here to Send JBL a Private Message Find more posts by JBL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

I said we can assume they average out to 90 billion lightyears. That's a minimum.

We can assume they vary in size and still assume the average of them is 90 billion light-years. That's not a contradiction.

And that's only for the purposes of the specific universes that were crossing over. Seeing as the cosmologies from the cross-over conflict with the main DC/Marvel universes' respective cosmologies, it wouldn't be the same thing being compared.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2017 11:19 PM
Mr Master

^ no expression ... the average universe in Marvel is infinite.

As mind-boggling as it is, the next universe is an infinity away. Then the next, another infinity away, etc to infinitum.

Also, we see the Surfer fly away into the distance, not into a portal/wormhole,
not unlike the Adjudicator's travels to Earth from its location, also entire universeS away:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Surfer 71016 is no joke.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2017 11:19 PM
Mr Master is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Master a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

The same kinda of infinite hyperbole label exists for the DC universe.

Obviously reaching the source wall or the end of a marvel universe is not an infinite speed feat, because that would be akin to omnipresence. Neither Flash/Surfer/Superman etc are omnipresent in speed, obviously.

So, in the interest of actually being able to quantify, that's why we need an actual size to calculate.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2017 11:27 PM
CosmicComet

Originally posted by Mr Master

Also, we see the Surfer fly away into the distance, not into a portal/wormhole,

Not quite, we merely see him flying away from shala bal while still in zenn-la's atmosphere.

We dont see his actual trip to find the decimators. Obviously opening a wormhole is done once he is actually in space and not while he is still on the planet. And opening wormholes is his preferred method of traversing huge swathes of space going by history. So that makes it uncertain

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2017 11:41 PM
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by CosmicComet
The same kinda of infinite hyperbole label exists for the DC universe.

Obviously reaching the source wall or the end of a marvel universe is not an infinite speed feat, because that would be akin to omnipresence. Neither Flash/Surfer/Superman etc are omnipresent in speed, obviously.

So, in the interest of actually being able to quantify, that's why we need an actual size to calculate.

So if we don't have that, stop lowballing the feat. And stop assuming he opened up a wormhole which we don't see and would take time to open up. **** the Source Wall, too. You act like that's some sort of be all end all speed feat that no one else could accomplish. Surfer, Gladiator, Runner, Thor, Scuttlebutt could surf that thing like a skate park.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2017 11:58 PM
Blue Area Vet is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Area Vet a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Area Vet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lol, here's you wormhole theory right here

.....IN LESS TIME THAT IT TAKES TO READ THESE WORDS (which is a matter of seconds)

.....THE ADJUDICATOR FLASHES PAST ENTIRE UNIVERSES (which is on panel)

......NOT IN A SPACESHIP......BY PROPELLED BY A FORCE BEYOND HUMAN COMPREHENSION.

There you have it D.C. lowballers,, you cannot spin this. No wormhole to speak of. I'm sure the next step is for attorney Comet to argue the term universes means two. laughing This feat shits on errthing. Flashes past universes in seconds, deal with it.

Last edited by Blue Area Vet on Jan 23rd, 2017 at 12:20 AM

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2017 12:15 AM
Blue Area Vet is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Area Vet a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Area Vet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Re: Lol, here's you wormhole theory right here

Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
.....IN LESS TIME THAT IT TAKES TO READ THESE WORDS (which is a matter of seconds)

.....THE ADJUDICATOR FLASHES PAST ENTIRE UNIVERSES (which is on panel)

......NOT IN A SPACESHIP......BY PROPELLED BY A FORCE BEYOND HUMAN COMPREHENSION.

There you have it D.C. lowballers,, you cannot spin this. No wormhole to speak of. I'm sure the next step is for attorney Comet to argue the term universes means two. laughing This feat shits on errthing. Flashes past universes in seconds, deal with it.
Except its not canon to 616 Surfer regardless of how you spin it. It's Earth-71016

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Last edited by Juntai on Jan 23rd, 2017 at 12:42 AM

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2017 12:40 AM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Lol, here's you wormhole theory right here

Originally posted by Juntai
Except its not canon to 616 Surfer regardless of how you spin it. It's Earth-71016

Except I'm not arguing that. I'm addressing the D.C. acolytes who are so delusional and entitled they would go to great efforts to poke holes in the fears of a non cannon Surfer showing. Surfer is the stuff of nightmares.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2017 12:46 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Except I'm not arguing that. I'm addressing the D.C. acolytes who are so delusional and entitled they would go to great efforts to poke holes in the fears of a non cannon Surfer showing. Surfer is the stuff of nightmares.

Can you not post without attacking people?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2017 12:48 AM
CosmicComet

So if we don't have that, stop lowballing the feat.[/b]

You aren't used to actually calc'ing feats or doing anything resembling actual debating on these forums so I will give you a pass here for not knowing the typical steps you take when you are trying to quantify something: You establish a lower bound.

That's what you go by, especially when an upper bound is unknown or impossible to establish(such is the case for a lot of feats).

I also did that for the Source Wall, I established a low-ball figure. Though I'm sure the reality of consistent practices escaped you.

quote:

And stop assuming he opened up a wormhole which we don't see and would take time to open up. **** the Source Wall, too. You act like that's some sort of be all end all speed feat that no one else could accomplish. Surfer, Gladiator, Runner, Thor, Scuttlebutt could surf that thing like a skate park.

You are free to believe what you want about what's possible, but what can you prove is another matter?

Of the feats posted prior to this;

A.) Surfer crossing 1 lightyear in a fraction of a second

and

B) Surfer crossing 500,000 lightyears in seconds which he circumvented by opening up a portal anyway (which btw took him no time at all to open up, so a false premise on your part).

Neither of those could compete.

This is the one feat posted so far that at the lower bound may be close to comparing, or in the unknown upper bound may be even beating Flash's demonstrated speeds.

But, it comes with caveats.

1. It's non-canon first of all. So...yeah.

2. Sizes of said universes are unknown. But assuming said universes are the size of...actual universes...is hardly low-balling or illogical. Especially because of pocket dimensions that would still count as universes by denominations even if they are fractions of the size.

3. It is impossible to say Surfer didn't use a wormhole since we did not witness his actual travel there, it was off panel. Likewise, using wormholes is entirely within his character to do and something he uses all the time and since he was in a rush, it would also have been the most expedient thing for him to do. And Surfer is nothing if not a pragmatist.

Last edited by CosmicComet on Jan 23rd, 2017 at 12:51 AM

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2017 12:48 AM
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by -Pr-
Can you not post without attacking people?

I'm generalizing among a minority group of board members who are staunch D.C. fans who constantly band together to discredit Marvel characters and Marvel character feats. You see it just like I do. I didn't attack anyone individually. Attacking is what posters including you do to Carver on an ongoing basis.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2017 12:55 AM