KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Who wins the race: Surfer vs Flash

Who wins the race: Surfer vs Flash
Started by: Dream Stuff

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (28): « First ... « 25 26 [27] 28 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
I'm generalizing among a minority group of board members who are staunch D.C. fans who constantly band together to discredit Marvel characters and Marvel character feats. You see it just like I do. I didn't attack anyone individually. Attacking is what posters including you do to Carver on an ongoing basis.

So no denial you were bashing people? Okay, got it.

Kindly stop.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2017 12:58 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by CosmicComet
You aren't used to actually calc'ing feats or doing anything resembling actual debating on these forums so I will give you a pass here for not knowing the typical steps you take when you are trying to quantify something: You establish a lower bound.

That's what you go by, especially when an upper bound is unknown or impossible to establish(such is the case for a lot of feats).

I also did that for the Source Wall, I established a low-ball figure. Though I'm sure the reality of consistent practices escaped you.

You are free to believe what you want about what's possible, but what can you prove is another matter?

Of the feats posted prior to this;

A.) Surfer crossing 1 lightyear in a fraction of a second

and

B) Surfer crossing 500,000 lightyears in seconds which he circumvented by opening up a portal anyway (which btw took him no time at all to open up, so a false premise on your part).

Neither of those could compete.

This is the one feat posted so far that at the lower bound may be close to comparing, or in the unknown upper bound may be even beating Flash's demonstrated speeds.

But, it comes with caveats.

1. It's non-canon first of all. So...yeah.

2. Sizes of said universes are unknown. But assuming said universes are the size of...actual universes...is hardly low-balling or illogical. Especially because of pocket dimensions that would still count as universes by denominations even if they are fractions of the size.

3. It is impossible to say Surfer didn't use a wormhole since we did not witness his actual travel there, it was off panel. Likewise, using wormholes is entirely within his character to do and something he uses all the time and since he was in a rush, it would also have been the most expedient thing for him to do. And Surfer is nothing if not a pragmatist.

Wow, you are much better at bullshit than Abby. Unfortunately, it's still an exercise in bullshit. so you lose. Apparently something is not computing with you today. Assuming your eyesight is unimpaired, there are clear panels of Surfer actually doing what the passage says he does. It definitely doesn't show what you desire it to show. Adults call that magical thinking. You are doing a piss poor job of casting doubt, in fact, it's an utter failure. One inch pocket universes? Absolutely pathetic, not even Abby would present that unscrupulous argument. sick. Begone little guy, your hoe card has been pulled you've made yourself irrelevant. It's an ungodly feat whether you like it or not.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2017 01:10 AM
Blue Area Vet is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Area Vet a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Area Vet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by -Pr-
So no denial you were bashing people? Okay, got it.

Kindly stop.

I denied attacking individuals, yes. Sort like how Leo does.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2017 01:13 AM
Blue Area Vet is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Area Vet a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Area Vet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I denied attacking individuals, yes. Sort like how Leo does.

erm

Never mind.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2017 01:27 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by -Pr-
erm

Never mind.

laughing out loud hilarious. i apparently have a fan club among the ignored today. that's adorable. i haven't even posted in this non-thread for quite a while. can't believe this is still open tbh. the odd time i do go at someone though, i'll own it and it's not typically veiled. pointing out trollish behavior in general is not really an attack, but a commentary on what's happening in some of these threads. case in point. that ol'blue felt the urge to count himself among the aggrieved (on his own no less) is, well, not surprising. your tolerance is admirable paul.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2017 01:42 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by leonidas
laughing out loud hilarious. i apparently have a fan club among the ignored today. that's adorable. i haven't even posted in this non-thread for quite a while. can't believe this is still open tbh. the odd time i do go at someone though, i'll own it and it's not typically veiled. pointing out trollish behavior in general is not really an attack, but a commentary on what's happening in some of these threads. case in point. that ol'blue felt the urge to count himself among the aggrieved (on his own no less) is, well, not surprising. your tolerance is admirable paul.

But that doesn't account for your own trollish behavior, now does it?

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2017 01:50 AM
CosmicComet

Wow, you are much better at bullshit than Abby. Unfortunately, it's still an exercise in bullshit. so you lose. Apparently something is not computing with you today. Assuming your eyesight is unimpaired, there are clear panels of Surfer actually doing what the passage says he does.

If you aren't going to actually refute anything I said, then I accept your concession.

Also, there are panels showing his travel to the Decimators from Zenn-La? Absolutely not, my dear idiot.

There are panels of him rushing to Zenn-La, and taking a few seconds to do so. And then there is a panel of him flying away from Shalla-Bal while still in Zenn-La's atmosphere. But no shots of his actual travel to his destination. That was entirely off-panel.

quote:
It definitely doesn't show what you desire it to show.

What do I desire it to show? I know what you desire to be shown, but as I pointed out above, it does not show it. Actually, it doesn't show anything! It was off panel afterall. smile

quote:
Adults call that magical thinking. You are doing a piss poor job of casting doubt, in fact, it's an utter failure. One inch pocket universes?

Lying is not in good form my son. Especially when you aren't intelligent enough to pull it off.

Though maybe you'll surprise me and point out exactly where this 'one-inch pocket universes' shit was derived from.

Listen, my dear shit for brains. Perhaps your head isn't working right because you are starved of calories for normal function today. Did you take your daily cup of shit cocoa? Put through a strainer?

Come back and join the discussion when you aren't starving my son. Oh, wait, you can't be my son. I believe you are a self-admitted 40+ year old feckless idiot stuck ranting and raving ad-nauseum on a comic forum.

You've yet to post a single feat of your own so I won't be holding my breath of course. I'm sure you'll just continue spouting your feelings as evidence.

quote:

Absolutely pathetic, not even Abby would present that unscrupulous argument. sick. Begone little guy, your hoe card has been pulled you've made yourself irrelevant.

By any measure, and this has been expressed to you by others already, so you know it isn't an outlier, you are the most worthless poster on this site.

Vastly unintelligent as a base, but dishonest and completely unlikeable to complete the trifecta. The comic board can only be vastly enriched by your loss.

quote:
It's an ungodly feat whether you like it or not.

Another strawman? And more useless platitudes like 'Godly' instead of understanding the statements?

Apparently in your spastic need to retort, you forgot to read, again.

Since you clearly missed the part where I said at its reasonable minimum this feat can compare or at its unknown upper-bounds surpass the Source Wall feat.

That is of course, if all the positive assumptions about it are made. (Even though its non-canon in the end regardless, so its moot.)

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2017 01:50 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

I see BAV is making a fool of himself again. sad Nothing has changed.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2017 01:55 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Reported smile

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2017 02:12 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

One person temp banned. Most of you have been here long enough to know that arguing with a mod is not wise. And when mods post in a thread for nonsense to stop, it should stop. A few others are very close to a temp ban.
Originally posted by carver9
Reported smile
Yeah, no you didn't. You seriously want to push your luck after the last several days?

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Last edited by Badabing on Jan 23rd, 2017 at 02:27 AM

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2017 02:24 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

sad he knows I wouldn't report him. That's why I put the smiley.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2017 02:52 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

sad he knows I wouldn't report him. That's why I put the smiley.
(please log in to view the image)

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2017 03:05 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Master

616 Surfer searches every corner of the entire planet Earth before Strange can finish a mini paragraph.

(seems like 3 to 5 seconds imo)

Last edited by Mr Master on Jan 23rd, 2017 at 03:19 AM

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2017 03:14 AM
Mr Master is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Master a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Mr Master

616 Surfer searches every corner of the entire planet Earth before Strange can finish a mini paragraph.

I figured if anyone was going to bring up this feat, it would be you. laughing out loud

Well played, and a good feat.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2017 03:24 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by cdtm
I figured if anyone was going to bring up this feat, it would be you. laughing out loud

Well played, and a good feat.

What if I brought it up, would you have still said those same words?

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2017 03:37 AM
carver9

Originally posted by Badabing

Lol...the smiley Bada, the smiley. You are the one that told me to use smilies anytime I'm not serious.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2017 03:39 AM
CosmicComet

Originally posted by Mr Master

I used to think so too, but someone pointed out that he could have simply scanned like a radar over an indeterminate radius while flying over the Earth. Would still be a great speed feat even if he just criss-crossed the Earth a handful of times while scanning though, but unless it shows that he manually looked everywhere, I can't assume he did, especially when he has the cosmic awareness for efficiency.

But Flash has similar feats, and they are all manual. (Like his fight with Zoom, that lasted for under a second, and yet every inch of the planet was covered. Granted Flash was amped there by taking Jesse's speed, but Zoom was not amped at all.)

I would put the .00001 microsecond nuke evac feat, and the picosecond searching of half a million people above Surfer's anyway.

Then there's Barry's feat of transforming the city of boulder colorado into various time-periods and cityscapes from Krypton's history within blinks of an eye. He was hand-making props, skyscrapers, shrubbery, architecture, roads, pavement, vehicles, doing all the painting, and even stitching costumes for every pedestrian on the street. And obviously he would have to have been running to and from other locations for the supplies to make all those things too, since he wasn't destroying what was already there, he was building on top of and around them.

Last edited by CosmicComet on Jan 23rd, 2017 at 03:47 AM

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2017 03:44 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Why would he leave if all it took was to scan the earth? We are talking about a character that scan see light yrs without difficulty.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2017 03:58 AM
CosmicComet

*shrug*

His efficacy with it differs in various showings.

It's just as likely that he went past the upper atmosphere, with a clear view of all of the planet's surface and just took a quick scan all around it, searching thousands of miles of surface area at once.

Impossible to say exactly what happened over what, since we don't have additional panels. If there were just a handful of panels showing him in differing locations on the planet, that would clinch it for Mr. Master's interpretation.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2017 04:09 AM
cdtm

What if I brought it up, would you have still said those same words?

No, **** you.

wink

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2017 04:11 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote