KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » The Flash

The Flash
Started by: juggernaut74

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (109): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BlackZero30x
Jack

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Only problem is its unlikely to get many viewers on the CW, and I take it that's what it's success would be measured on.

In any case can't speak for the rest of you, but at this point I'm much more interested in the DC shared TV Universe than their shared Movie verse.

Most likely but as far as I know thats all just made up anyways lol

Im bias when it comes to TV shows myself. I love TV shows much more then movies. Imo in a TV show you get soo much more time for character/story development. You can go a lot more in depth....even if the show is only a 13 episode mini series. The only draw back is the special effects are usually pretty cheesy. Thats a trade I can live with though.

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Jul 12th, 2014 04:30 AM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

^ Game of Thrones style special effects actually look really cinematic. I agree, TV has so much more creative potential than a movie. If network television operated more like HBO and other cable companies, TV > Movies irrefutably.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2014 05:22 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Animations are great too. None of the cost constraints in what you cam do and what you can't. Plus the same multi-episode story arcs available. That's what made the JL and JLU toons rock. But still is always that Tad bit more exciting seeing the Same in Live-Action, and having your hour long episodes instead of 20 mins.

Come to think of it WB should really get on with a Flash cartoon as well if they are serious about promoting the character to a range of demographics before the JL movie comes along.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2014 10:25 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

At first I was disappointed when I heard the news that there was going to be a Flash t.v. show after hearing rumors of a movie to be announced at SDCC last year. Now after thinking instead of getting a film every 3 years we'll get 22 episodes a year. And with the tech. adancments we can get quality effects also. Maybe DC has the right idea to focus on live action t.v. over fims.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2014 04:43 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by juggernaut74
At first I was disappointed when I heard the news that there was going to be a Flash t.v. show after hearing rumors of a movie to be announced at SDCC last year. Now after thinking instead of getting a film every 3 years we'll get 22 episodes a year. And with the tech. adancments we can get quality effects also. Maybe DC has the right idea to focus on live action t.v. over fims.

thumb up It's better for the entertainment of us fans, that's for sure. But not as good at getting coverage to a wider audience. But we know Flash will be in the Justice League movie and a rumoured duo movie with GL, so he'll be getting plenty of big screen coverage eventually on top of the weekly series we have to enjoy.

Anyway the 2nd episode is called "Fastest Man Alive," so sounds like an extension to the Pilot.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2014 03:09 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

more news regarding Firestorm and Captain Cold has been cast..

http://tvline.com/2014/07/18/the-fl...son-1-spoilers/

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 18th, 2014 07:01 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Well its been confirmed guys. The DC Tv Universe will not merge with the DC Movie Universe. Plus no CW version of Batman or Superman coming to the Arrow/ Flash Tv verse for now. They're being saved for the big screen. However they're still thinking about the Amazon series so we might eventually get a Wonder Woman on the CW DC Verse.

Can't post links from my phone but you can easily confirm all this by googling it. It's come directly from Geoff Jhons and the CW President.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2014 03:10 AM
Darth Thor

Old Post Jul 21st, 2014 11:55 AM
Mindset

I don't see a reason why they should be connected, or even think it would work.

These tv versions are going to have movie counterparts, and it's probably a good thing that they won't be played by the same actor. There aren't many tv actors that transition well to movies.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2014 07:22 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Mindset
I don't see a reason why they should be connected, or even think it would work.

There's a few reasons:

1. JL is only having 1 solo franchise building up to it. Everyone else is just going to be thrown in there. Putting the TV Flash in there would have been much better than just throwing a new random Flash in there Imo.

2. Marvel is managing to keep it's shared Universe throughout it's cinematic and tv versions. Whilst DC are not even keeping the whole Tv Universe integrated. (Constantine and Gotham are both going to be completely separate Universes to the Arrow/Flash one). People are invested in the MCU which is why many people will give GOTG, Agents of Shield and all the new Marvel Netflix shows a shot. So it's just another way WB/DC is behind them.

3. Hype & fan excitement.

These tv versions are going to have movie counterparts, and it's probably a good thing that they won't be played by the same actor. There aren't many tv actors that transition well to movies.

Good actors tend to be good actors in either medium. Especially in a role they have played for years and are comfortable with. That's why it's not unusual for mega successful/loved tv shows to get movies made. Even if one is never made. From Star Trek, through X-Files, Sex and the City, and heck even Firefly.

Think it will be odd though having 2 different versions of the same superhero at the same time. There will be people confused over Quicksilver next year (actually maybe there won't be because he was never actually named as Quicksilver in DOFP), but that's because of rights issues and different studios wanting to use him.

But when the same studio is making 2 different versions simultaneously it's like they are just purposely trying to confuse people. Either that or they just don't give a crud. I still remember David Goyer's interview about that and other aspects of the shared DC Universe, and his answer to pretty much everything was just "I don't know" which came across as "I don't really care anymore."

Last edited by Darth Thor on Jul 22nd, 2014 at 10:16 AM

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2014 10:05 AM
Mindset

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
There's a few reasons:

1. JL is only having 1 solo franchise building up to it. Everyone else is just going to be thrown in there. Putting the TV Flash in there would have been much better than just throwing a new random Flash in there Imo.

2. Marvel is managing to keep it's shared Universe throughout it's cinematic and tv versions. Whilst DC are not even keeping the whole Tv Universe integrated. (Constantine and Gotham are both going to be completely separate Universes to the Arrow/Flash one). People are invested in the MCU which is why many people will give GOTG, Agents of Shield and all the new Marvel Netflix shows a shot. So it's just another way WB/DC is behind them.

3. Hype & fan excitement.

Good actors tend to be good actors in either medium. Especially in a role they have played for years and are comfortable with. That's why it's not unusual for mega successful/loved tv shows to get movies made. Even if one is never made. From Star Trek, through X-Files, Sex and the City, and heck even Firefly.

Think it will be odd though having 2 different versions of the same superhero at the same time. There will be people confused over Quicksilver next year (actually maybe there won't be because he was never actually named as Quicksilver in DOFP), but that's because of rights issues and different studios wanting to use him.

But when the same studio is making 2 different versions simultaneously it's like they are just purposely trying to confuse people. Either that or they just don't give a crud. I still remember David Goyer's interview about that and other aspects of the shared DC Universe, and his answer to pretty much everything was just "I don't know" which came across as "I don't really care anymore."

1. OK? No one even knows if the Flash tv show will go past one season. Or if Grant will be a good Flash.

2. No one watches AoS.

TV actors usually aren't good. Arrow doesn't have good actors. I could list plenty of tv actors that weren't good movie actors, like the cast of Firefly. It won't be odd at all. There were 2 Superman actors at the same time tv/movie and it didn't make it odd. Having 2 movie Quicksilvers is not nearly the same as having a movie Flash and a tv Flash. As I said, having 2 actors play Superman didn't confuse anyone. If you get confused from having 1 actor play a character on tv and one in a movie, you should probably be wearing a helmet.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2014 10:06 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

1. OK? No one even knows if the Flash tv show will go past one season. Or if Grant will be a good Flash.

True, but they've stated even if it does tank and suddenly gets cancelled after 1 season (which I seriously doubt) they will continue the character in Arrow.

Grant's playing Barry as a Peter Parker type. Can't go wrong with that really, especially when they'll already be plenty of mature macho types in the JL. And Grant's a good actor.

2. No one watches AoS.

It gets more viewers than Arrow. It began with a much lager audience but that went down quickly because the show sucked for like the first half of the season.

And it's viewership's all down to being associated with the MCU.

Daredevil and Agent Carter will also get viewership for that reason.

So if they merged the TV/Movie verse with DC, then you have the Flash in the JL movie, it would obviously be heavily marketed that this guy has his own Tv show and that would guaranteed increase the shows viewership.

TV actors usually aren't good. Arrow doesn't have good actors. I could list plenty of tv actors that weren't good movie actors, like the cast of Firefly. It won't be odd at all. There were 2 Superman actors at the same time tv/movie and it didn't make it odd. Having 2 movie Quicksilvers is not nearly the same as having a movie Flash and a tv Flash. As I said, having 2 actors play Superman didn't confuse anyone. If you get confused from having 1 actor play a character on tv and one in a movie, you should probably be wearing a helmet.

You can't just generalize like that about TV Actors. If we did then we never would have seen William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy and Deforest Kelly in the Star Trek movies. Even in the new Star Trek Zachary Quinto has gone from TV to Movies and is still a great actor. Same goes for Benedict Cumberbatch. Good actors tend to be so in all mediums.

Superman Returns already had an Origin since it was a sequel to the Reeves movies (SR also flopped so not sure why anyone would want to follow that model). The new Flash is just going to be dumped into Justice League without an Origin or Solo movie.

All the ideas for the Flash series came from the scrapped planned movie from a few years back. So my main complaint is, either they should have done the solo movie series instead of the tv series, or if they wanted to do the tv series then merge it with the movie verse.

But the way they've done it is just silly. Your GA will be like "WTF" when a guy faster than Superman just randomly shows up in JL.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2014 01:20 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Old Post Jul 30th, 2014 05:43 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Weather Wizard & Gorilla Grodd also to be on the show

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansi.../news/?a=104697

Old Post Jul 30th, 2014 05:51 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Old Post Aug 6th, 2014 05:58 PM
TH3_V01D

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/09/16/the-flash/

Damn..about Barry's powers....running on walls, running on water, eventually passing through solid mater and time travel? Awesome. I was afraid they might scale his powers back..but nope.

LOL even a DC TV series does more justice to their characters powerset compared to the MCU

Last edited by TH3_V01D on Sep 16th, 2014 at 03:57 PM

Old Post Sep 16th, 2014 03:50 PM
TH3_V01D is currently offline Click here to Send TH3_V01D a Private Message Find more posts by TH3_V01D Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Do we have a premier date?

Old Post Sep 16th, 2014 04:39 PM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

October 7th! and it can't come fast enough wink lol

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Sep 16th, 2014 05:08 PM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by TH3_V01D

LOL even a DC TV series does more justice to their characters powerset compared to the MCU

No need for the bias/hate TH3. Marvel's clearly miles and miles and miles ahead of DC on the big screen, whilst DC is miles ahead on the small screen.

Big screen is where you get the best special effects, the most exposure to your GA and is the most profitable by a HUGE Amount. But I personally prefer getting weekly comic book awesomeness. Walking Dead and Arrow really make my week.

Proper buzzing for The Flash to start.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2014 01:37 PM
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BlackZero30x
October 7th! and it can't come fast enough wink lol

Oh FCK YA

Old Post Sep 18th, 2014 01:37 AM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote