KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » The Flash

The Flash
Started by: juggernaut74

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (109): « First ... « 76 77 [78] 79 80 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

^^^Hey that wasnt as bad as my blackicity tangent! wink

AKA, are we finally getting a season without a speedster as the main bad guy? Looks like it.
And, i approve.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 01:05 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Same. We don't need a speedster to be a season big bad, and 4 in 4 seasons would be a bit much IMO.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 01:18 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
Good lord that "Risky Business" part was cringe-worthy as f*ck.

Also lol@ the insane speed shown to be able to run to the store and get something and get back all in less time than it took a pancake tossed in the air to fall. Yet normal humans will be able to tag him.
He also disassembled an entire car speeding at 100MPH towards a wall in about 2 seconds. That was a badass feat also.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 02:53 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Iris was a little less annoying this episode, perhaps her being a comedic idiot is the way to go.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Oct 26th, 2017 12:44 AM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by juggernaut74
He also disassembled an entire car speeding at 100MPH towards a wall in about 2 seconds. That was a badass feat also.

I would say catching all the bits of the grenade is his most impressive feat in recent times. Especially considering how slow the pieces were moving relative to him. Because the one guy who does a lot of similar vids on youtube calculated how fast he would have needed to move to do that, which was around Mach 68.5 IIRC. Which is surprisingly consistent with the information we've been given on the show in recent times. Last time we actually got an official number on Barry's own speed was when fighting Zoom. Which was Mach 3.3. And then the tachyon tech/speedforce amp supposedly made him 4 times faster. Which is then Mach 13.2. And Caitlin, when she was testing him in episode 1 of season 4, claimed his brain function was 5 times faster than before. Assuming that translates to overall speed, that's around Mach 66, which is close to the Mach 68.5 number the guy got.

Though, as the guy himself points out, the writers throw numbers out arbitrarily sometimes, so they could make Barry as fast as however, whenever, depending on the plot.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2017 02:03 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote:
Though, as the guy himself points out, the writers throw numbers out arbitrarily sometimes, so they could make Barry as fast as however, whenever, depending on the plot.

Which is why it doesnt bother me, in the show or the comics, as it happens in both.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2017 04:06 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by riv6672
Which is why it doesnt bother me, in the show or the comics, as it happens in both.

Well, I think the writers have also learned a bit in that regard, in that they haven't put an actual specific number to Barry's speed in some time. We get things like 3 times faster with this, or five times faster with that, but it has been ages since they tied a specific number to Barry himself. Which I think is better, because then they don't need to contradict themselves as badly when they do adjust things, depending on the plot.

I mean that other guy calculated it based on how grenades like the one in the episode operate in real life, what the velocity of the sharpnel would have been, the distance Barry needed to travel during the scene etc. So, it's obviously not an official show number. Just how fast he actually would need to be, using real life examples, to do what he did.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2017 04:18 AM
Arachnid1

Originally posted by riv6672
^^^Hey that wasnt as bad as my blackicity tangent! wink

AKA, are we finally getting a season without a speedster as the main bad guy? Looks like it.
And, i approve.
This is actually the main reason I'm excited for this season. A genius villain outhinking Barry instead of outrunning him sounds like it should be fun. I just hope they get to their little "chess" game quick instead of giving us these Thanos-lite episode endings.

PWNT

Old Post Oct 26th, 2017 04:26 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^looks like he's in no rush, even though team Flash has figured out the dark matter part of things.

A shame to see Wally go, but we get Wells in trade.
Joe's face at the news of impending fatherhood (both he and i already having 3 grown ass kids) is exactly the look -i- would have, so i LOL'd.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2017 10:14 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

From B movies to The Flash.

Not sure if this is a step up or down for Danny Trejo.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2017 01:57 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^Lateral.

What a fun ep. I loved Ralph!
He even did the nose twitch. For all the fun though (including Breacher/Cisco/Wells), Barry got himself an important clue going forward.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2017 05:05 AM
steverules_2

'I look like a Hemsworth' accidentally promoting the new Thor film

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Nov 1st, 2017 08:31 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

K.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2017 09:45 AM
steverules_2

It was what plastic man said when he gave himself a 6 pack erm

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Nov 1st, 2017 10:31 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I know what HE said, just bemused by what you got from it. laughing

Old Post Nov 1st, 2017 11:49 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Really liking Dibny so far. I hope he proves to be as good as he seems.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Nov 1st, 2017 12:16 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Me too.
Wondering if theyre gonna go with a version of one if his more well known outfits...
(please log in to view the image)
...or something original when he suits up.
Hopefully not original. The show's original designs tend to be really generic.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2017 01:16 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

I prefer the purple nerpel outfit. thumb up

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2017 02:46 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

The purple/white would stand out nicely against Flash's red and the overall darker costume colors everyone favors.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2017 08:47 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Was much better than that horrendous episode with the Blonde lady and her luck powers. I wanted to tear my eyes out in that episode, Trejo seemed a bit out of place but Plastic Man was funny and Gypsy and Cisco actually seem to be a believable couple

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Nov 1st, 2017 08:58 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote