KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » The Flash

The Flash
Started by: juggernaut74

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (109): « First ... « 84 85 [86] 87 88 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: IDK the finale kind of blew it with DeVoes main power. He's been whooping team Flash all season and had every complication accounted for. This guy is supposed to be inconceivably genius. In the end, Barry beats him by... running really fast? He'll he could have killed Cecile at any moment after Flash went into his mind, and it would have been game over, but he didn't because CIS. Also, Ralph being the only surviving other mind in DeVoes head was kind of a last second ass pull. Everything about the way he went down was a let down.

Other than that, Killer Frost was left a dangling plot thread and we never got any explanation tot the symbols Barry wrote in the beginning of the season or why he and Harry muttered the same words when they were simple.

Personally, this season and finale were a near complete let down. The only exception to this was the nuke episode, which is IMO one of the best episodes this show has ever done.

Amunet Black and Elongated Man are also great additions to the universe. I like both their characters.

Also, agreed about Tom Cavanagh. He is by far the best part of this show and always has been.

PWNT

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 06:43 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

I haven't seen any of Season 4 but from what I've gathered it still manages to not be as abysmal as Arrow's Season 4...or Supergirl's entire run. So that's something right?

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 11:28 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

flash was shit last night..

can iris be killed off next season

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 24th, 2018 02:04 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

The heroes always win via pseudoscientific psychobabble
I’d love it for once if Barry could actually outskill his opponent rather than need a pep talk, PIS, or a convoluted plan involving junk science to win

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post May 24th, 2018 02:23 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

He has done so in the past though. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: DeVoe was just stupid powerful to the point where they'd need even more PIS for Barry to actually beat him in a straight fight.

Old Post May 24th, 2018 04:22 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
I haven't seen any of Season 4 but from what I've gathered it still manages to not be as abysmal as Arrow's Season 4...or Supergirl's entire run. So that's something right?

Arrow S4 had Damian Darhk, while Flash S4 had a much less likable villain, imo. Far as which season was better overall though? I don’t know, but both had average finales at best.

Supergirl season 2 was hard to watch but the 3rd season has been surprisingly better. If the show hadn’t improved as such I would’ve dropped it. Only way I see myself watching Black Lightning after the pilot (I dropped it after that) is if I have friends to watch it with to laugh or cringe at how bad the writing and everything is together.

Old Post May 24th, 2018 04:40 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

I heard Black Lighting has been pretty great. Yours is actually the first negative opinion I've heard about it. I haven't seen it yet, but I have high hopes for it.

I liked DeVoe as a villain until that episode that showed his past. They characterized him as a condescending and genocidal maniac even before he got his powers. He was more compelling in the beginning of the season when he was characterized as a normal but decent smart man trying to make the world a better place. They dropped the ball with him right when the body swaps started happening and the season never recovered.

PWNT

Old Post May 24th, 2018 05:31 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Love Legends, Current Supergirl is ok, and Flash is more or less background noise to me.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post May 24th, 2018 10:16 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

So wait does Ralph now have all the powers Devoe had?

Old Post Jun 7th, 2018 03:39 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Doubt it.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: killing Ralph was the one impactful moment this season, so reversing it was something Id hoped they wouldnt do.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2018 05:52 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

Originally posted by Arachnid1
I heard Black Lighting has been pretty great. Yours is actually the first negative opinion I've heard about it. I haven't seen it yet, but I have high hopes for it.

I liked DeVoe as a villain until that episode that showed his past. They characterized him as a condescending and genocidal maniac even before he got his powers. He was more compelling in the beginning of the season when he was characterized as a normal but decent smart man trying to make the world a better place. They dropped the ball with him right when the body swaps started happening and the season never recovered.

I agree devoe would have been perfect that way but I guess they figured he would be too redeemable maybe and would have been a turn off to still complete the mission with the whole love angle?

black lightning is pretty good actually. better writing and sfx than arrow, but I don't think the bar is too high rolling on floor laughing
...this guy

Old Post Jul 11th, 2018 06:59 PM
staxamillion is currently offline Click here to Send staxamillion a Private Message Find more posts by staxamillion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2018 05:00 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

So...not sure anyone has tuned into this but I guess Barry[SPOILER - highlight to read]: finally gets his ring suit. And Nora uses Batman Beyond hip youth speak.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2018 06:52 AM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Nora is kinda annoying but I like the new Flash suit, yeah.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2018 07:25 AM
HulkIsHulk

https://www.econotimes.com/The-Flas...wrunner-1437749

That is gonna cost some serious $ to come true

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Oct 11th, 2018 04:30 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Cool start to the new season. Was about time they refreshed this show after the really poor last season.

New suit looks a bit funny to me though. Something about the mask looks odd.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2018 01:54 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

Maybe its the lack of chin guard. Also its probably been mentioned before but it's interest that Nora's actress is older that Gustin.

Well it seems to go the way of Arrow with improved 5th season after unimpressive 4th season. Hope it can keep the momentum.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2018 02:13 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
https://www.econotimes.com/The-Flas...wrunner-1437749

That is gonna cost some serious $ to come true

Well, then they better start saving up. Because they already mentioned the Grodd vs King Shark fight in the first episode (with King Shark being the "good" guy in the fight). It would be lame to drop that tease and then never take it further.

Overall, not a bad start though. I thought Jessica Parker Kennedy was pretty good on Black Sails, so don't mind her addition. But yeah, crazy how young she can look for a 34-year-old. Not that you have to look old at that age, obviously. But she legitimately looks like she could be 10-15 years younger than that.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2018 02:49 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
Maybe its the lack of chin guard. Also its probably been mentioned before but it's interest that Nora's actress is older that Gustin.

Well it seems to go the way of Arrow with improved 5th season after unimpressive 4th season. Hope it can keep the momentum.

It took Arrow ages to get back on track. But the second half of the last season got really enjoyable Imo. The episode that focused solely on Dias was a highlight for me.

Yeah lets hope the Flash just had an off season year.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2018 04:22 AM
cdtm

The Lightning Lad mention has me wondering which universe the Legion of Superheroes is from.

Is Barry's daughter residing in Supergirl future? Or is her reference indicating a future crossover with her universe, and Kara's. Or does each universe have their own LOSH, with a different roster? (This happened in the comics, with two seperate titles). Or does the LOSH exist in their own universe.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2018 01:16 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote