KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » The Flash

The Flash
Started by: juggernaut74

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (109): « First ... « 88 89 [90] 91 92 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

first two eps of elseworlds have been really great

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 11th, 2018 05:11 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Yeah they have.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2018 01:23 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Lol, Smallville theme.

Maybe hinting about a reboot?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2018 02:34 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

yes! smallville reboot would be amazing. finally caught up to the crossover. I enjoyed it more than previous ones. I might even check out supergirl now.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2019 03:31 PM
staxamillion is currently offline Click here to Send staxamillion a Private Message Find more posts by staxamillion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
Lol, Smallville theme.

Maybe hinting about a reboot?

With what feels like the increasing popularity of the shows, I wouldn't be surprised.

==

Been catching up on the CW shows, and if I'm being honest, I think bringing in Nora has really turned this in to one of the best seasons of the Flash so far. Having her there has done wonders for the Barry and Iris characters, and it's prevented the show from going down the same road as Arrow.

It doesn't hurt that she's gorgeous, or that they've cut down on that awful future dialogue either.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 13th, 2019 06:50 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Yeah big improvement from last season so far. And the main reason is Nora.

Plus a better villain this year (anything was gonna be an improvement from DeVoe).

Old Post Jan 13th, 2019 10:18 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

By better villain you mean Cicada?
He’s so boring, like the caramel cube in the m&m’s commercial.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2019 02:08 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Darth Thor
(anything was gonna be an improvement from DeVoe).

Old Post Jan 14th, 2019 07:20 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Agree to disagree. DeVoe was scary and very competent for most of his run.
He was basically a serial killer who created his own victim pool.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2019 10:57 AM
Darth Thor

You make it sound good. But I just didnt feel it was executed well at all.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2019 11:24 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I thought Devoe was a great concept, and when they did the scenes showing how he and his wife came to be the way they were, I thought it was good, but when he was all supervillainy it didn't go as well as I would have liked.

Cicada has decent motivations too, but again, the actual showdowns have been poor.

Flash is still easily the best of the 4 CW shows though, imo. Arrow is too bogged down in Felicity, Legends keeps crossing the line from silly to stupid, Supergirl is a show written by what feels like teenagers, and Black Lightning... Eesh. As disappointed as I was in the crossover, I hope Batwoman is better than she appeared at first, because she hasn't sold me yet.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Last edited by -Pr- on Jan 14th, 2019 at 12:08 PM

Old Post Jan 14th, 2019 12:06 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Darth Thor
You make it sound good. But I just didnt feel it was executed well at all.

Fair enough.
As to Cicada as sympathetic character i think it just falls flat.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2019 12:30 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by -Pr-

Cicada has decent motivations too, but again, the actual showdowns have been poor.

Cant argue with that. But its been sort of intentional methinks, given they all just lose their powers around him, so it just ends up being a few skinny nerds up against a super villain lol.

But Im sure it will eventually lead to bigger/better showdowns.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2019 01:10 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Hopefully. Though I find myself more interested in Nora's interactions with [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Thawne. I want to see how that conversation went more than anything else we've seen this season.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 14th, 2019 02:07 PM
Darth Thor

Hopefully. Though I find myself more interested in Nora's interactions with [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Thawne. I want to see how that conversation went more than anything else we've seen this season.

Oh of course. That was a great cliffhanger. Even if it was somewhat predictable, but still a very nice twist.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2019 03:59 PM
riv6672

^^^Yeah, i want follow up on that SO bad.

That and a return to Flash’s earlier, better costume.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2019 06:54 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I thought Devoe was a great concept, and when they did the scenes showing how he and his wife came to be the way they were, I thought it was good, but when he was all supervillainy it didn't go as well as I would have liked.

Flash is still easily the best of the 4 CW shows though, imo. Arrow is too bogged down in Felicity, Legends keeps crossing the line from silly to stupid, Supergirl is a show written by what feels like teenagers, and Black Lightning... Eesh. As disappointed as I was in the crossover, I hope Batwoman is better than she appeared at first, because she hasn't sold me yet.

Methinks you overrate the Flash, which hasnt even been that good imo since the 2nd season or so. Hell, your mentioned gripe with Legends is more of a complement. Going from silly to stupid is part of the fun, even if it gets redundant at times, but the show hasnt had a serious drop in quality (despite the rough start) at any point like Flash and the others have. I hope Supergirl gets better because I was liking the current season more than the others.

We have yet to see that much of Cicada, so will wait for more of the season till I give a verdict like I did with Devoe, who kinda bored me from the start but gave him the benefit of a doubt.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2019 10:00 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Methinks you overrate the Flash, which hasnt even been that good imo since the 2nd season or so. Hell, your mentioned gripe with Legends is more of a complement. Going from silly to stupid is part of the fun, even if it gets redundant at times, but the show hasnt had a serious drop in quality (despite the rough start) at any point like Flash and the others have. I hope Supergirl gets better because I was liking the current season more than the others.

We have yet to see that much of Cicada, so will wait for more of the season till I give a verdict like I did with Devoe, who kinda bored me from the start but gave him the benefit of a doubt.

Can't say I agree. I think Legends took things way too far. There's silly, and then there's stupid. I think Legends strays far too much in to the latter.

You can say it hasn't suffered a drop in quality, and I might agree with you, but by the same token, I can't think of any single episode of Legends that's even close to the best we've seen from Flash, or even Arrow.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 14th, 2019 10:03 PM
Darth Thor

Well the first 2 seasons of both Arrow and Flash were very good.

And The first season of Flash was pure Gold.

Arrow really just turned into a bad show then for a few years, and has only recently found its footing again.

Flash was going the same direction, but if the quality of this season continues, then it would have recovered much faster (pun not intentional).

Legends has been bit of a mixed bag from day 1. But I found it really entertaining with the Thawne/Merlyn/Darhk trio of villains.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Jan 14th, 2019 at 10:16 PM

Old Post Jan 14th, 2019 10:13 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

I think Chris Klein has a good screen presence, but I find Cicada to be essentially the same as this seasons Supergirl baddie, in the sense that they're both normal guys who have reacted badly to a poor series of events and both have even been portrayed as being reasonable, decent guys at some point in their past.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Jan 14th, 2019 10:19 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote