KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » The Flash

The Flash
Started by: juggernaut74

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (109): « First ... « 89 90 [91] 92 93 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I enjoyed Arrow for the first few years, but I lost interest in it sometime during the 4th season. I haven't seen much of Supergil beyond the episodes of her show involved in cross overs, I watched the first 5-6 episodes of the first season and wasn't really into it.

I think the first two seasons of The Flash were really good. Since then it has dipped in quality, but it's still enjoyable.

Legends, IMO, has consistently had each new season be better than the previous one.

I loved Smallville and I've seen every episode, but I'm not sure I want a reboot anytime soon.

Last edited by Surtur on Jan 14th, 2019 at 11:14 PM

Old Post Jan 14th, 2019 11:11 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by samhain
I think Chris Klein has a good screen presence, but I find Cicada to be essentially the same as this seasons Supergirl baddie, in the sense that they're both normal guys who have reacted badly to a poor series of events and both have even been portrayed as being reasonable, decent guys at some point in their past.

Good catch, hadnt noticed that.
I’ve enjoyed Agent Libert way more, though. He’s been built up way better.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2019 06:01 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Surtur
I enjoyed Arrow for the first few years, but I lost interest in it sometime during the 4th season. I haven't seen much of Supergil beyond the episodes of her show involved in cross overs, I watched the first 5-6 episodes of the first season and wasn't really into it.

I think the first two seasons of The Flash were really good. Since then it has dipped in quality, but it's still enjoyable.

Legends, IMO, has consistently had each new season be better than the previous one.

I loved Smallville and I've seen every episode, but I'm not sure I want a reboot anytime soon.

Season 4 was meh and I don't really blame you for losing interest there, but I think Arrow should be given another chance with how good season 5 was. Even season 6 had me more invested than 4, let alone season 3 which I don't think they'll ever get that bad again.

Originally posted by -Pr-
Can't say I agree. I think Legends took things way too far. There's silly, and then there's stupid. I think Legends strays far too much in to the latter.

You can say it hasn't suffered a drop in quality, and I might agree with you, but by the same token, I can't think of any single episode of Legends that's even close to the best we've seen from Flash, or even Arrow.

Perhaps you need a hug from Beebo then! But eh, that's fair. The best episodes of Legends is harder to think of/remember on the spot compared to Flash and Arrow.

Anywho, yesterday's episode was pretty good and a nice start off for the year, though Nora's still annoying, but the Thawne bit was interesting.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2019 10:10 PM
Ridley_Prime is online now! Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Good ep. this week.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2019 05:54 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Season 4 was meh and I don't really blame you for losing interest there, but I think Arrow should be given another chance with how good season 5 was. Even season 6 had me more invested than 4, let alone season 3 which I don't think they'll ever get that bad again.

I think it only found its footing again mid way through last season (season 6). But I have been enjoying it again since. First time Ive been really enjoying Arrow since they lost the plot in Season 3.

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime

Perhaps you need a hug from Beebo then! But eh, that's fair. The best episodes of Legends is harder to think of/remember on the spot compared to Flash and Arrow.

Lol

I did really enjoy the episodes with Thawne though.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2019 11:01 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Fun yet serious ep; i like when they get that balance just right.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: On the serious side, Cicada remains credible (but still boring to me as a character) threat, and actually took it up a notch.
Sherloque continues to race towards what i’m guessing will be no good end.
The metahuman cure looms in the distance, just waiting to be corrupted.

On the fun side, killer Frost and Caitlyn spatted and made up.
Cecile’s nervous laugh at being calld a mind reader was flat out hilarious.
Ralph was Ralph. He adds a light touch while still being surprisingly insightful.

Good characterization across the board. Flash almost going dark, Peek a Boo being a total ***** when she couldve stepped up, Norvok actually stepping up, all stood out to me.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2019 11:52 AM
WolvesofBabylon
Welcome to the machine

Nice to see Flash still has powers or ability to amp up that he isn't fully aware of

Old Post Jan 24th, 2019 12:48 AM
WolvesofBabylon is currently offline Click here to Send WolvesofBabylon a Private Message Find more posts by WolvesofBabylon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Cicada has been a decent villain so far...

kill iris..

sherllock welles needs to go

kill iris...

bring back thrawne full time,,

and yeah kill iris

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 24th, 2019 03:49 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Riiiight...

Old Post Jan 24th, 2019 04:49 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Interesting episode. Kind of makes it seem like Orlin is actually [SPOILER - highlight to read]: possibly being influenced by the dagger, and that Grace the real villain. Also worth noting that her Cicada defense mechanism was an adult woman with hair colour that matches her own. Makes me think she is the original timeline Cicada (age would fit considering the period during which Cicada originally operated) and that Nora coming back changed it to Orlin, but the shard in her brain is still allowing her to influence him.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Jan 30th, 2019 at 03:00 PM

Old Post Jan 30th, 2019 02:58 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

The Ralph and Cisco hangout kinda made the episode for me, and being led astray on a lead by a band named Cicada. laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 30th, 2019 03:09 PM
Ridley_Prime is online now! Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Interesting episode. Kind of makes it seem like Orlin is actually [SPOILER - highlight to read]: possibly being influenced by the dagger, and that Grace the real villain. Also worth noting that her Cicada defense mechanism was an adult woman with hair colour that matches her own. Makes me think she is the original timeline Cicada (age would fit considering the period during which Cicada originally operated) and that Nora coming back changed it to Orlin, but the shard in her brain is still allowing her to influence him.

That might play into the cover that was focused on the Flash museum:
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 31st, 2019 05:35 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Okay, this episode was pretty cool, with Goldface being a breath of fresh air.

Even if Cicada's not that compelling, can say I've enjoyed more episodes this season individually on average than I have the last couple seasons, which isn't dissimilar to Arrow S5 after 3 and 4.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2019 06:46 AM
riv6672

^^^Thats cool, as long as we’re all enjoying it!

I gotta admit, Iris had some big balls this ep. that was quick thinking on her part.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2019 10:47 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I love how Barry can't [SPOILER - highlight to read]: accurately throw a brick 5 feet but is a crack shot in a firefight.

Also, lol at Cicada being beaten by Iris. How on earth did Arrow lose to this guy?

Villain of the week was cool. How on earth he [SPOILER - highlight to read]: was still alive at the end there is beyond me though. His skull basically melted out of his eyeballs.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2019 04:50 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I love how Barry can't [SPOILER - highlight to read]: accurately throw a brick 5 feet but is a crack shot in a firefight.

Hey it happens!
I’m good w. a rifle, better w. a gun, excellent w. a bow..and cant throw a baseball or football to save my life. embarrasment

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Also, lol at Cicada being beaten by Iris. How on earth did Arrow lose to this guy?

So true! This could have been ended right then and there!

Villain of the week was cool. How on earth he [SPOILER - highlight to read]: was still alive at the end there is beyond me though. His skull basically melted out of his eyeballs.

I’ll be he shot some out his butt, too...sick

Old Post Feb 7th, 2019 10:40 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Well, if some came out of his butt, does he normally lay golden eggs then? stick out tongue

Yes, I went there.

Seriously though, that guy must have a super weird physiology. I have so many questions I know the writers haven't even begun to think about lol.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Feb 7th, 2019 at 12:36 PM

Old Post Feb 7th, 2019 12:34 PM
riv6672

^^^I couldnt decide if they (the writers) were being racist or spot on, having [SPOILER - highlight to read]: a black guy who’s weapon is his big gold chain!

Old Post Feb 7th, 2019 12:54 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I was a bit unsure myself initially, but I feel like they were going intentionally over the top with it. After all, this is also the show that has had giant shark men and telepathic gorillas running around. I actually liked the [SPOILER - highlight to read]: chain. His ability to control its length and such had a very Ghost Rider vibe to it IMO, as did the golden skull briefly showing through his skin at one point.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2019 05:30 PM
riv6672

I was a bit unsure myself initially, but I feel like they were going intentionally over the top with it. After all, this is also the show that has had giant shark men and telepathic gorillas running around. I actually liked the [SPOILER - highlight to read]: chain. His ability to control its length and such had a very Ghost Rider vibe to it IMO, as did the golden skull briefly showing through his skin at one point.

I know, was j/k. It realy WAS pretty cool..stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 7th, 2019 10:04 PM