KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Batman: Arkham Knight

Batman: Arkham Knight
Started by: steverules_2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (35): « First ... « 32 33 [34] 35 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Impediment
Endless

Has anyone played Batman: Arkham Knight on PC/Steam? Are there any frame rate issues or bugs that still haven't been fixed? I'm thinking of downloading Knight and just wanted opinions.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Apr 17th, 2016 07:35 PM
Impediment is online now! Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I have it and have completed it twice on PC/Steam. It works fine for me, though the rig we have in the house is a decent one, so it depends more on what you have in your pc performance wise.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 17th, 2016 07:50 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I have an Asus G73S with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M video card, 1TB of HD space and 16 GB of RAM.

Is that enough?

“Dreams shape the world."

Last edited by Impediment on Aug 7th, 2016 at 09:09 PM

Old Post Apr 17th, 2016 07:54 PM
Impediment is online now! Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I had a quick look at the notebook. TBH, you'd probably be able to run it on low settings, but I wouldn't guarantee you'll get smooth framerates (even 30 might not be possible). Arkham Knight needs a minimum of 2gb of video memory to run, and it looks like you've only got 1.5gb.

Probably better off getting it on console.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 17th, 2016 10:13 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

(please log in to view the image)

If this is happening, I wonder why Origins is not included.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Apr 18th, 2016 09:50 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Because it was not made by Rocksteady, most likely. It sucks though.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Apr 18th, 2016 10:02 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Yeah, thought as much.

iirc, Origins was alright/good from what a couple of my friends said. I tried playing it but couldn't get past the godawful frame-rate hangovers in the city areas.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Apr 18th, 2016 10:04 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

It sucks that is not in the collection, I meant.

Is the most underrated installment in the series, I liked it more than City tbh.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2016 10:15 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Ah okay, my bad.

Well, I can't really speak much about Origins. Most of what I know about it is second-hand. From the very little I played, I thought it was good. Then the frame-rate issues started up and couldn't get past it.

Does it work better on PC?

Old Post Apr 18th, 2016 10:49 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Origins is just meh. It's a sound game but nothing special at all.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2016 11:04 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Still better than Arkham Knight though.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2016 11:06 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Still better than Arkham Knight though.

Knight is a solid level or two above it, imo.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 19th, 2016 12:06 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I agree.

I just don't like how mediocre Origins is. It's just more of the same.

At least Arkham Knight had interesting moments and while the Batmobile was overdone, it at least was something new.

My favourite is still Arkham Asylum. It's a perfect blend of action, puzzles and atmosphere. I always felt the size of map in Asylum was just the right amount.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2016 12:16 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Ah okay, my bad.

Well, I can't really speak much about Origins. Most of what I know about it is second-hand. From the very little I played, I thought it was good. Then the frame-rate issues started up and couldn't get past it.

Does it work better on PC?

I never really had framerate issues, or at least not major ones. Hoping what you experienced just happened to be before most of Origin's bugs were fixed..

It was worse on PC from what I remember, but still more functionable than the disastrous PC port of Arkham Knight.

Originally posted by -Pr-
Knight is a solid level or two above it, imo.

We've been over this plenty before, so agree to disagree.

Originally posted by Smasandian
I agree.

At least Arkham Knight had interesting moments and while the Batmobile was overdone, it at least was something new.

My favourite is still Arkham Asylum. It's a perfect blend of action, puzzles and atmosphere. I always felt the size of map in Asylum was just the right amount.

More of the same from what Arkham City did is still preferable to what Knight did for me and definitely don't agree that it translates to mediocrity, but to each their own.

The interesting moments with the Batmobile were too far in between to have been that good or memorable of a feature, IMO. Origin's quick-travel points with the Batwing was actually more convenient for where I wanted to go.

While Asylum's still my least favorite out of the series to replay (from combat/gameplay perspective), I do still complement it for having a bit more balance with those elements you mentioned. Ultimately, I prefer the city wide exploration the games after it had, but being smaller and more closed off allowed Asylum to have, like you said, just the right amount of puzzles and such, whereas most of the games after overdid it with like the Riddler stuff.

After how disappointed I was with Knight, still hoping for a game of another DC hero that's on Arkham levels of quality before another main Batman title. I know he's always had top billing, but kinda burned out with Bats from this series still.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2016 12:44 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I agree that the Riddler stuff in every game aside from Asylum was way over done.

In Asylum, the "find the saying in the environment" worked perfectly because it wasn't a big room and the reference was pretty damn cool. In City, I felt it was more convoluted because there was so much area to look for and sometimes they would put it a small little section or 100 ft away.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2016 01:01 AM
Demonic Phoenix

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
I never really had framerate issues, or at least not major ones. Hoping what you experienced just happened to be before most of Origin's bugs were fixed..

It was worse on PC from what I remember, but still more functionable than the disastrous PC port of Arkham Knight.

We've been over this plenty before, so agree to disagree.

More of the same from what Arkham City did is still preferable to what Knight did for me and definitely don't agree that it translates to mediocrity, but to each their own.

The interesting moments with the Batmobile were too far in between to have been that good or memorable of a feature, IMO. Origin's quick-travel points with the Batwing was actually more convenient for where I wanted to go.

While Asylum's still my least favorite out of the series to replay (from combat/gameplay perspective), I do still complement it for having a bit more balance with those elements you mentioned. Ultimately, I prefer the city wide exploration the games after it had, but being smaller and more closed off allowed Asylum to have, like you said, just the right amount of puzzles and such, whereas most of the games after overdid it with like the Riddler stuff.

After how disappointed I was with Knight, still hoping for a game of another DC hero that's on Arkham levels of quality before another main Batman title. I know he's always had top billing, but kinda burned out with Bats from this series still.

Oh, I played it on the PS3 about a year ago. I believe I installed the patches, but I'm not sure. The framerate issues were heavy in the city areas mostly. The interior maps were fine, but it happened too often so I got fed up.

And I'd like a Green Arrow game with most of the Arkham series mechanics. Would be awesome. The Bow and arrow never gets old. Or even a Catwoman game.

Originally posted by Smasandian
I agree.

To be honest, apart from the combat and stealth mechanics (and characters obviously), Asylum feels like it belongs to a different series. The level design and tone feel really different in that game.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2016 04:32 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Well, yes, it's not an open world. More of a closed off map.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2016 11:36 AM
Demonic Phoenix

I know, I meant it's not just that Asylum's more of a Metroidvania type game.

It has an overall different atmosphere to it when compared to the others which seemed like they were designed to be movie-like. AA's comes off as having a more personal, darker and somewhat subdued atmosphere because of the Asylum.

Asylum also had a better backstory and better exposition for its environment (the Asylum). Whereas with City, you had to read the comic book tie-ins to get most of the backstory and info. It also barely had any ties to the mental institution.

Then there's the fact that Asylum hasn't aged too well, because Rocksteady near-perfectly refined Arkham's mechanics for City and introduced new ones. There's also a lot less replay value in Asylum.

Last edited by Demonic Phoenix on Apr 19th, 2016 at 08:36 PM

Old Post Apr 19th, 2016 08:30 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

So i just finished this game and now onto some of the DLC

why the **** isn't the 'Scarecrow nightmare missions' on the PSN store when its part of the game trophies set.... erm

Old Post Jun 5th, 2017 08:46 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

I'm still waiting for the stupid JL3000 skin become available to purchase in psn.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2017 01:43 PM