KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » WBH VS King Thor

WBH VS King Thor
Started by: JuggernautMania

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (20): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkSaint85

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9
Huh? Time stop is time stop. Hulks don't just gain new powers out of the wood work, it's part of him. Also, when was it mentioned him having Chronal metal during that instance because all of the powers worked on Hulk, he just powered through it. He was even aged during that instance and probably would have died if it wasn't for the sword. It was even stated that it would be hard for Hulk to battle someone who could control time. Excuses.

All of this wasn't directed at you Dark.

You're scared evil face

Old Post Mar 18th, 2014 05:33 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Different Hulk
Assistance using non standard equipment
Different timestop natures (mystical vs technological)

A summary of the arguments against carver.

Against h1:
1. In character, Hulk will hold back. So any arguments about his amazing powerlevels is moot, as he only did that when he was sure it had no consequences.
2. It was a shared feat that he did with Betty. So destroying the world wasn't as impressive (still damn impressive) as he's trying to calculate it to be.
3. Time stop.

If h1 argues about character mindsets, then please see point 1. If he doesn't, see point 3.

KT wins.

Regardless of Hulk holding back or not, Thor wS accomplishing similar feats to HotM Hulk's during the god butcher arc, so you add in the OF and it's a no brainer in Thor's favor for me.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Mar 18th, 2014 05:45 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Regardless of Hulk holding back or not, Thor wS accomplishing similar feats to HotM Hulk's during the god butcher arc, so you add in the OF and it's a no brainer in Thor's favor for me.

True. A Thor is a Thor is a Thor, after all. evil face

All of the feats that a weaker, OF-less Thor are also applicable. Just ramped to the max, now.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2014 05:48 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
God Cloth Seiya

Thor wins

Old Post Mar 18th, 2014 05:53 PM
God Cloth Seiya is currently offline Click here to Send God Cloth Seiya a Private Message Find more posts by God Cloth Seiya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

True. A Thor is a Thor is a Thor, after all. evil face

All of the feats that a weaker, OF-less Thor are also applicable. Just ramped to the max, now.

Biased. By the way, I think KT wins this. Had to make some corrections to some stuff.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Mar 18th, 2014 05:56 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Different Hulk

Against h1:
1. In character, Hulk will hold back. So any arguments about his amazing powerlevels is moot, as he only did that when he was sure it had no consequences.
2. It was a shared feat that he did with Betty. So destroying the world wasn't as impressive (still damn impressive) as he's trying to calculate it to be.
3. Time stop.

If h1 argues about character mindsets, then please see point 1. If he doesn't, see point 3.

KT wins.

Your summary is wrong though.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2014 05:58 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Your summary is wrong though.

Proof that I summarised things incorrectly? Not asking about whether my/others arguments are right or not, because we are debating.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2014 06:13 PM
carver9

Proof that I summarised things incorrectly? Not asking about whether my/others arguments are right or not, because we are debating.

Assistance using non standard equipment. What assistance?

Also, time stop is time stop. The nature of time stop doesn't matter. Flash and Spectrum moved through time stop. Am I suppose to discredit their showing just because it was magical?

Old Post Mar 18th, 2014 06:33 PM
carver9

Also, time stop is time stop. The nature of time stop doesn't matter. Flash and Spectrum moved through time stop. Am I suppose to discredit their showing just because it was magical?

Meant to say, "wasn't magical".

Old Post Mar 18th, 2014 07:24 PM
h1a8

He would still hold back. It's well known that the Hulk does not kill. King Thor kills. Even if he does not depower himself to normal Hulk levels, nor will he be outputting the amount of damage he did in the Dark Dimension with Betty.
ok so WBH isn't going to kill him with a haymaker. But rather he would just flick his finger and Ko him. So yes WBH would hold back and just Ko KT. Good analysis.

Different Hulk

Against h1:
3. Time stop.

KT wins.
it was a shared feat that had Hulk supply exactly half of the power. So instead of billions of times we can just use 1 billion or simply 500 million. Is that better?

Hulk would hold back and one shot Ko KT instead of one shot kill him. Good analysis.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Mar 18th, 2014 10:28 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by h1a8
ok so WBH isn't going to kill him with a haymaker. But rather he would just flick his finger and Ko him. So yes WBH would hold back and just Ko KT. Good analysis.

it was a shared feat that had Hulk supply exactly half of the power. So instead of billions of times we can just use 1 billion or simply 500 million. Is that better?

Hulk would hold back and one shot Ko KT instead of one shot kill him. Good analysis.

You will need to prove it was 500 million. Which, considering you didn't even account for something as basic as Betty being there (which was clear and made explicit in the comic) makes me suspicious about other assumptions you have made.

Next, calculate how much energy it takes to stop time. Then, and only then, can you compare like with like.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2014 10:54 PM
carver9

Looking at the ft, it appears Hulk and Betty created the explosion just by bumping into each other. Wasn't even a full fledge hit.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/890...35_003.jpg.html

Old Post Mar 18th, 2014 11:46 PM
ShadowFyre

The most powerful incarnation of Hulk vs the 3rd most powerful version of Thor? I'm a Thorbag so I really want to say Thor but that's quite a lot of power Hulk is tossing around. I'm going to have to agree with a previous poster and say they both have the potential to kill the other. Thor has more options at his disposal but I think Hulk will be able to turn it into a melee before Thor can use those options.

Hulk 6/10,due to simplicity of using his powers to their fullest.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2014 12:21 AM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

You will need to prove it was 500 million. Which, considering you didn't even account for something as basic as Betty being there (which was clear and made explicit in the comic) makes me suspicious about other assumptions you have made.

Next, calculate how much energy it takes to stop time. Then, and only then, can you compare like with like.
Basic physics. It takes more than billions of times more force to destroy something from a hundreds of yards away without touching it. Smack the shit out of yourself from a hundred yards away and I guarantee that no one will even feel a billionth of the force you got struck with.

500 million?
BILLIONS! Not millions. I was just being nice.

The energy required to stop time in a location is irrelevant (tech can achieve it with small amounts of power).

Last edited by h1a8 on Mar 19th, 2014 at 02:52 AM

Old Post Mar 19th, 2014 02:49 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

So, WBH > King Thor because he can destroy a planet from a distance, is what I gather

Old Post Mar 19th, 2014 04:10 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Originally posted by ShadowFyre
The most powerful incarnation of Hulk vs the 3rd most powerful version of Thor? I'm a Thorbag so I really want to say Thor but that's quite a lot of power Hulk is tossing around. I'm going to have to agree with a previous poster and say they both have the potential to kill the other. Thor has more options at his disposal but I think Hulk will be able to turn it into a melee before Thor can use those options.

Hulk 6/10,due to simplicity of using his powers to their fullest.

How does KT being the 3rd most powerful version of the character change anything whatsoever? KT's max is still > Hulk's.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Mar 19th, 2014 05:19 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Different version of Hulk. Inapplicable.

Mod ruling (used for WWH, but still):

Plus, Strange used a time stop in the Dark Dimension. WBH didn't move, did he? Or am I missing something.

He didn't.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 19th, 2014 05:31 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Branlor Swift
So, WBH > King Thor because he can destroy a planet from a distance, is what I gather
Disintegrate thousands of beings that can overwhelm a skyfather >>>>>> a planet. Destroy them and it indirectly through physical strength.

Plus we go on showings or feats. KT has no feats in the same magnitude. So that's a yes to your question.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2014 06:56 AM
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Originally posted by h1a8
It takes more than a billion times more force to destroy something without touching it from hundreds of yards away.

Cite an actual scientific article which supports this assertion of yours.

Not some bullshit experiment you did at home, but an actual study.

Otherwise these are just made up numbers on your part.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2014 07:02 AM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

WBH has been affected by a time stop though.erm

In the very same arc from which this "billions of times more power" bs is being spouted.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2014 07:04 AM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote