KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Assassins Creed: Unity (Fall 2014)

Assassins Creed: Unity (Fall 2014)
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I just don't like yearly releases.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Mar 30th, 2014 08:01 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

The parkour in this game looks absolutely awesome. Fighting looks like utter shite. Finally a crouch feature that doesn't rely on cover.
And dat blood splatter.

I've played every major console AC game, don't see myself stopping that trend this time.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Jun 10th, 2014 12:57 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Co-op play sounds great.

And, while AC3 and Revelations were incredibly stale, Ubi redeemed themselves with Black Flag. I'm goign to be picking up this one as well.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2014 01:47 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Controlled descent is a REALLY nice addition.

Building interiors? Nice.

Stealth mode is a welcome (not to mention needed) addition.

Paris looks great, and it's high time we had a city again with so many rooftops; something the last two games have really not been that bothered with (while they had them in 3, they were heavily guarded, which discouraged using them imo). High-ground feature is nice.

It looks like they really worked hard on making the parkour more seamless. I like that.

I just hope they've gotten rid of the whole "one button does everything" system.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 10th, 2014 06:55 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Haven't had this anticipation since the first trailer for AC2.

Agreed on the rooftops. As much as openworld in 3 and 4 were, it was so spacious. Too spacious for parkour or to even remain above the ground for more than a hundred feet. That with the 'up/down' manouvers is enough to want this.

Would like to see what else they have in combat. Where 3/4 lacked the stealthy, roofin', assassin side of things, they sure did a good job on the combat aspect. On that, I was disappointed when the gameplay vid for 4 had Ed crouching outside of bushes, with the dev stating that stealth has been worked on. Glad they finally did that and more.

How do you think the multiplayer will work?

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Jun 10th, 2014 08:53 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Arno looks like Altair in that intro cutscene when he's surveying the crowd, and when he kills someone at an execution.

Do you mean the co-op? Maybe you invite them?
For Far Cry 4, 'friends' can be invited to play even if they don't have the game, on PS4. Maybe this will be similar.

EDIT: No Competitive Multiplayer. Awesome. Now they can concentrate on the story campaign.
Paris is going to be massive apparently.

http://kotaku.com/assassins-creed-u...huge-1588817927

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Last edited by Demonic Phoenix on Jun 10th, 2014 at 09:38 PM

Old Post Jun 10th, 2014 09:24 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

The one thing I dislike about that trailer is the song. Lorde butchered that song. The original is vastly better.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2014 05:50 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BloodRain
Haven't had this anticipation since the first trailer for AC2.

Agreed on the rooftops. As much as openworld in 3 and 4 were, it was so spacious. Too spacious for parkour or to even remain above the ground for more than a hundred feet. That with the 'up/down' manouvers is enough to want this.

Would like to see what else they have in combat. Where 3/4 lacked the stealthy, roofin', assassin side of things, they sure did a good job on the combat aspect. On that, I was disappointed when the gameplay vid for 4 had Ed crouching outside of bushes, with the dev stating that stealth has been worked on. Glad they finally did that and more.

How do you think the multiplayer will work?

Me personally, no idea. I'd like to think it will be some fun co-op, but I don't tend to play AC multiplayer.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 11th, 2014 05:52 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally, I had no interest in this game.

But after seeing some of the gameplay, it does look kind of fun. I'm hoping they fill the game with memorable gameplay, take away some of the useless collection shit and that the new additions (controlled descent and etc) change how the game is played.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2014 03:46 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

This game got brought up in regards to more female protagonist in games topic

http://dangolding.tumblr.com/post/8...harlotte-corday

Old Post Jun 14th, 2014 07:17 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Smasandian
Originally, I had no interest in this game.

But after seeing some of the gameplay, it does look kind of fun. I'm hoping they fill the game with memorable gameplay, take away some of the useless collection shit and that the new additions (controlled descent and etc) change how the game is played.

I'm the same, tbh. Even after finishing Black Flag, which I enjoyed, this game didn't really grab me until E3.

Originally posted by Kazenji

Yeah, there was a lot of that... I dunno how to feel about it.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 14th, 2014 09:57 AM
Demonic Phoenix

Originally posted by -Pr-

Yeah, there was a lot of that... I dunno how to feel about it.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
I reckon there'd be a shit-storm from some people if they had gone with a female main character. People lose their shit too easily over the smallest matters these days.

Still, you'd think Ubisoft would make at least one of the co-op assassins a female.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2014 12:50 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
I reckon there'd be a shit-storm from some people if they had gone with a female main character. People lose their shit too easily over the smallest matters these days.

Still, you'd think Ubisoft would make at least one of the co-op assassins a female.

Aye. Honestly, It is one of those situations where they really can't win. They should have decided right from the start whether they were going to have them or not, and just shut up about it.

I get that they wanted to create a whole new skeleton and moveset if they were going to incorporate a female player, rather than just slap a skin on Arno, and tbh, I can see why: They would have gotten shit about that too. At the end of the day though, these are people with lives and families, and if I was a dev sitting there at 4:30 on a Friday, and they said "we want you to start doing overtime to work on the female character", I can't imagine many people would accept it, given how overworked they are in the first place.

I actually think that putting the main character as a female in the first place would have been fine; it's a series whose narrative would definitely work with a female protagonist. I doubt it would have been a big deal to use a female instead of a male, nor should it be.

tbh, I think most AAA games, narrative permitting, should come with the option to play as either gender as standard, except where that wouldn't really fit (males in Tomb Raider, females in GTA). Then nobody would *****.

This line though:

quote:
Why have they reorganised history?

****ing gold. This is Assassin's Creed. It's ALL they do.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 15th, 2014 11:36 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I actually think that putting the main character as a female in the first place would have been fine; it's a series whose narrative would definitely work with a female protagonist

Well they have already done a Assassins Creed game with a female protagonist... AC: Liberation, but still i would'eve like seen another game with one

quote:
tbh, I think most AAA games, narrative permitting, should come with the option to play as either gender as standard, except where that wouldn't really fit (males in Tomb Raider, females in GTA). Then nobody would *****.

GTA could work, After all we have seen a female running criminal organizations, GTA 3 had that Asuka Kasen & also Catalina.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2014 01:20 PM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

And that voodoo lady in vice city. A new gta that let you customize your character fully (race, look, secure preference, etc...) would be c awesome

Old Post Jun 15th, 2014 01:28 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Well they have already done a Assassins Creed game with a female protagonist... AC: Liberation, but still i would'eve like seen another game with one

Aveline was a reskinned male model and base, though. Not the same thing as building up a female model from scratch.

That, and it wasn't a AAA title.

quote:
GTA could work, After all we have seen a female running criminal organizations, GTA 3 had that Asuka Kasen & also Catalina.

Originally posted by KingD19
And that voodoo lady in vice city. A new gta that let you customize your character fully (race, look, secure preference, etc...) would be c awesome

Typo on my part; It was supposed to be GTA5, which was, even according to the devs, a very male centric game that dealt heavily with masculinity. A female protagonist really wouldn't have fit in to that kind of game.

Future GTA, sure. I really do hope we get to make our own characters in future instalments; I've wanted that for years.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 15th, 2014 02:20 PM
wakkawakkawakka

Aveline was a reskinned male model and base, though. Not the same thing as building up a female model from scratch._

Define female character. Not trying to undermine your suggest but I'm curious as to just how differently the character would function in contrast to a male.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2014 05:32 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Jesus... This sorta shit is becoming straight up ridiculous now.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2014 05:46 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
Define female character. Not trying to undermine your suggest but I'm curious as to just how differently the character would function in contrast to a male.

Ubisoft are taking the stance that a female character has to be animated completely differently. Probably with horribly swaying hips and jiggling boobs.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 15th, 2014 05:55 PM
Arachnid1

Ubisoft are taking the stance that a female character has to be animated completely differently. Probably with horribly swaying hips and jiggling boobs.
Makes sense. Reusing a male model for a female main character is a bit lazy.

Though I'm pretty sure they had female characters in the online portion of all the games. They could just use and edit those, can't they?

Still, the whole argument is a bit ridiculous. It really is a lose/lose situation. That link Kazenji put up has some guy using the fact that they had a female protagonist in the past as a point to argue Ubisofts sexism. confused

The option would be cool, but if they don't have the time, they don't have the time. They shouldn't be put to a firing squad for that.

PWNT

Old Post Jun 15th, 2014 06:06 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote