KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Top 15 Most Powerful Jedi

Top 15 Most Powerful Jedi
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (27): « First ... « 22 23 [24] 25 26 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ThirdReich
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why is Obi-Wan on these lists...? He isn't powerful.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2017 12:07 PM
Click here to Send ThirdReich a Private Message Find more posts by ThirdReich Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Vanguard of the Sheevites

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ThirdReich

laughing out loud

"Go worth, my child, and impale your enemies with the banner of Sheev." - The_Tempest, Grand Vizier to His Imperial Majesty Sheev Palpatine

Old Post Aug 28th, 2017 12:35 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Darth Thor is online now!

Originally posted by ThirdReich

The days where there was a case to be made for Kenobi not being elite tier are long gone.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2017 01:10 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Originally posted by Darth Thor
What a strange story for Witwer to just "assume."

He was giving us plot details for TFU3, which had Vader kicking SK's butt, and claiming he was holding back all along to spring a trap. So Witwer would have to be making things up.

From all his Maul comments it's clear Witwer's just brutally herself nest about the limits of his characters.

I don't recall the novel noting he wasn't at 100% during the fight. You have a quote.

What I do remember is SK noting Vader approached him more cautiously this time hinting Vader was simply caught off guard the first time.

In any case, even if we make him Vader's equal (which he's not), he has no business being placed on par with or above Yoda.

I'm saying that that could have been his opinion on how he believed the story would go. Even if did come from Blackman though, I'm asking you why it would matter when they're talking about concepts for a potential future work that would have had to reference the previous novelizations and other such works to make sure these contradictions didn't occur.

I don't need a quote stating that when he's actively pulling off feats that cause him to black out or use amounts of energy that would surpass the combined energy of all the feats within the first half of both novels.

And if you've read the novelization for the first TFU you'd know that after an initial clash Vader and Galen circled eachother warily before assessing each other as combatants with probing strikes/offensives. Vader wasn't caught off guard.

"Then the apprentice straightened and, with a sweep of his left arm, blew the missiles away. He blocked a savage slash that would have cut him in two and another that would have lifted his head clean from his shoulders. Ducking low, he stabbed for his Master's belly then flicked the tip of his lightsaber upward, hoping to catch the chin of Darth Vader's helmet and spear him through the throat. The red lightsaber blocked the blow, but only barely. They parted for a moment to assess the brief exchange and circled each other warily.

The apprentice understood that, until this moment, they had never truly fought as equals. His Master had either held back, or he himself had capitulated. Now, for the first time, they would see each other's true potential. Where Darth Vader was strong and relentless, he was fast and sly. And there were ways to fight that didn't involve lightsabers. Loose objects, accelerated to killing speeds by the Force, became projectiles that converged from all directions. Invisible fists clutched for throats or punched with the power of pile drivers. Floors tipped underfoot; severed beams stabbed like javelins; overloaded circuits exploded.

"You are weak," the apprentice said as his former Master launched a second series of bone-crushing blows, each one of which he blocked with elegant precision. Darth Vader fought brilliantly, never employing anything less than a killing stroke. His intention was lethal. All he needed was one slip, one tiny gap in his opponent's defenses. The apprentice vowed not to give him one. He whirled and danced around his Master's defenses, testing them to their limits." - The Force Unleashed.

He's not Vader's equal. He's above him. Yes, as has been established, I wasn't seriously placing Starkiller/Galen above or on par with Yoda. It was a joke.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Last edited by UCanShootMyNova on Aug 28th, 2017 at 03:09 PM

Old Post Aug 28th, 2017 02:58 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
I'm saying that that could have been his opinion on how he believed the story would go.

It was clear form the interview he was giving a spoiler, but decided screw it as TFU3 won't happen now.

Even if did come from Blackman though, I'm asking you why it would matter when they're talking about concepts for a potential future work that would have had to reference the previous novelizations and other such works to make sure these contradictions didn't occur.

Because it gives us major notes on authorial intent of the first 2 TFU's.

I don't need a quote stating that when he's actively pulling off feats that cause him to black out or use amounts of energy that would surpass the combined energy of all the feats within the first half of both novels.

That's ridiculous. So you're claiming because he had other straining fights in the same book, that he's automatically disadvantaged for his boss fight at then end? No, not at all.

Not only did he have ample time to recover, but Jedi/Sith recover really fast. So he'd have to mention it in the fight to assume that. And given the fight was from his perspective, he'd definitely mention that.

And if you've read the novelization for the first TFU

I've read both novelisations..

you'd know that after an initial clash Vader and Galen circled eachother warily before assessing each other as combatants with probing strikes/offensives. Vader wasn't caught off guard.

Well firstly you're just completely ignoring the quote I'm talking about from TFU2, and bringing this extract from TFU1 as if it takes precedence or something.

They're both from SK's POV but he better understands what's happening by TFU2.

Also I find this part of importance:

"The apprentice understood that, until this moment, they had never truly fought as equals. His Master had either held back, or he himself had capitulated. Now, for the first time, they would see each other's true potential."

which comes after the circling and assessing part.

Also not got my copies of the books on me. Will quote extracts when I do, but pretty sure SK won that first one after a successful round of Dun Moch on Vader.

He's not Vader's equal. He's above him. Yes, as has been established, I wasn't seriously placing Starkiller/Galen above or on par with Yoda. It was a joke.

He sure wasn't above Vader in TFU2. Vader was really unbeatable for him in that one, so best you can argue is he's his equal.

But personally I back Witwer on his break out Star Wars role. One thing's for sure, he's obviously not being biased.

That's a relief you were joking about Yoda.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Aug 28th, 2017 at 07:29 PM

Old Post Aug 28th, 2017 07:27 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

It was clear form the interview he was giving a spoiler, but decided screw it as TFU3 won't happen now.

Then it's pretty irrelevant since it was only a concept and is actively contradicted by confirmed events within continuity.

Because it gives us major notes on authorial intent of the first 2 TFU's.

Cool. Now why is that relevant when that authorial intent contradicts continuity? That'd be like accepting Kun > DE Sidious despite canonical quotes contradicting the statement.

That's ridiculous. So you're claiming because he had other straining fights in the same book, that he's automatically disadvantaged for his boss fight at then end? No, not at all.

How the hell did you get that from my post? I'm saying that accomplishing feats that would require more energy then all of the feats that occurred in the first half of both novels combined and Starkiller passing out at one point after carrying them out obviously means he's drained of energy. What's ridiculous is you pretending as if you don't understand such a basic concept.

Not only did he have ample time to recover, but Jedi/Sith recover really fast. So he'd have to mention it in the fight to assume that. And given the fight was from his perspective, he'd definitely mention that.

Ample time to recover?! He literally spends all of the time between passing out from Force usage and facing Vader, fighting through the Kaminoan facility where's he actively drawing on his Force reserves. How exactly is he going to recover his energies by utilizing more of it?

I've read both novelisations..

Oh, so you're being purposefully ignorant. Good to know.

Well firstly you're just completely ignoring the quote I'm talking about from TFU2, and bringing this extract from TFU1 as if it takes precedence or something.

The quote you posted is irrelevant. You claimed it indicated that Vader was caught off guard in their first fight and I posted a quote from the first novel showing you why your interpretation was wrong. I don't need to address the quote or its validity over the other because they don't contradict each other in the first place.

They're both from SK's POV but he better understands what's happening by TFU2.

Holy shit. How is this

[/i]"They parted for a moment to assess the brief exchange and circled each other warily." - The Force Unleashed.[/i]

from Starkiller's perspective?

That's clearly a third person statement.

Also I find this part of importance:

which comes after the circling and assessing part.

You understand that an author can switch between narrative viewpoints, right?

I don't know if you're a visual learner rather then a kinesthetic learner but since you're obviously not the latter, I'm going to try help walk you through this.

Here's an excerpt from the Revan novel.

"Revan knew he didn’t have to worry about Meetra or the faithful droid. Scourge was another matter, however. The conversation they’d had during the night left little doubt that the Sith was troubled. Unlike the Jedi, he had not spent a lifetime preparing for this. The concept of self-sacrifice came easily to those who walked the path of the light. Even though he occasionally strayed into the dark side, Revan still embraced the nobility of the idea. For the Sith, however, there was no such thing as a noble death. Scourge understood the concept of sacrifice, but only when it came to sacrificing others. He had been taught to value survival above all else. Even his willingness to join with Revan and Meetra was driven by his desire for self-preservation; ultimately he wanted victory only for his sake, and not for the sake of others. Perhaps there was no greater illustration of the difference between the light side and the dark, and Revan knew it would make their mission more difficult for Scourge. He had tried to make him understand during their brief conversation, but it was hard to undo years of teaching in a single night. Still, the Sith seemed to be holding himself together well enough this morning.

“I can’t bring the speeder in too close,” Scourge said now, taking them in for a landing on the farthest outskirts of Kaas City. “They might have set up ion cannons to shoot down any unauthorized vehicles.”

They continued on foot, making their way through the empty streets heading toward the citadel. They didn’t encounter a single living soul on their journey; apart from the Emperor’s Guard, nobody dared to violate the curfew. And three Force-sensitive individuals and an astromech equipped with top-of-the-line optical and audio sensors had no trouble avoiding the handful of patrols still wandering the streets." - Revan.

I've underlined the section of the passage for you where the narrative shift occurs. At the start of the passage, the viewpoint is obviously taking place from Revan's perspective but then it switched to third person omniscient, an unbiased statement of events.

Now, taking what we've learned above we can figure out that this

"They parted for a moment to assess the brief exchange and circled each other warily." - The Force Unleashed.

is a third person description.

While this

"The apprentice understood that, until this moment, they had never truly fought as equals." - The Force Unleashed.

is Galen's viewpoint as is made clear when it states that the idea is something being understood by the apprentice.

Do you understand? I'm going to be optimistic and assume that you do. And since realizing a mistake and owning up to it should be something that is positively reinforced...

(please log in to view the image)

There you go bud. A congrats on me. It's all yours. smile

Also not got my copies of the books on me. Will quote extracts when I do, but pretty sure SK won that first one after a successful round of Dun Moch on Vader.

You'd be incorrect. He attempts to utilize Dun Moch and it backfires causing Vader to land his first and only blow in the entirety of the duel. Upon realizing his hatred is holding him back Galen lets go of it and proceeds to whoop Vader's

He sure wasn't above Vader in TFU2. Vader was really unbeatable for him in that one, so best you can argue is he's his equal.

Starkiller had exhausted a vast amount of his energy reserves by the time he fought Vader.

But personally I back Witwer on his break out Star Wars role. One thing's for sure, he's obviously not being biased.

Whether he's being biased or not is irrelevant since his statement contradicts established continuity.

That's a relief you were joking about Yoda.

Sithmaster I get. But given how long you've been on KMC, I would expect you to be able to pick up on trolling that obvious.

Last edited by UCanShootMyNova on Aug 28th, 2017 at 09:00 PM

Old Post Aug 28th, 2017 08:46 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn_solo
Da Divine King

Originally posted by Ursumeles
1. Luke
2. Yoda
3. Anakin

From then on it get's murky. Contenders are:
TotJ: Odan-Urr, Ood Bnar, Baas, Thon, Nomi, Jedi! Ulic, Jedi! Exar, Jedi! Nadd (?).
KoTOR/TOR: Revan, Exile, Barsen'thor, Aryn, HoT, Satele.
PT/OT: Mace, Obi-Wan, Jorus, Yaddle, Dooku, Fay (?), Shaak, Galen (if you want to count him), Vastor (same).
NJO/Legacy: Kyp, Streen, Jaina, Jacen, Corran, Leia, Cade, T'ra Saa, Kyle, Saba, Mara.

Most of the people listed aren't anywhere close to contenders.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2017 09:05 PM
Click here to Send Deronn_solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn_solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

thumb up

Old Post Aug 28th, 2017 09:08 PM
Deronn_solo
Da Divine King

Anyway, I find these list to be pointless at the end of the day, but I'll share mind just 'cause.

1. Luke Skywalker
2. Kyp Durron
3, Anakin Skywalker
4. Yoda
5. Revan
6. Mace Windu
7. HotLander
8. Jacen Solo
9. Galen Marek
10. Cade Skywalker

Old Post Aug 28th, 2017 09:11 PM
Click here to Send Deronn_solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn_solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Nova will get back to you when I have time to address your post and preferably when I have my copies of the novels at hand. But I know from past experiences that as soon as debaters start posting images and getting overly sarcastic it's because they know their arguments aren't holding up.

As for not knowing you were trolling.. it's your fav character. And given the arguments you've posted in the past about how well Galen did against Palpatine, I'd suggest cutting me a bit of slack there. Plus you bring up my KMC age, well trust me I've seen worse.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Aug 28th, 2017 at 09:26 PM

Old Post Aug 28th, 2017 09:24 PM
UCanShootMyNova

Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Anyway, I find these list to be pointless at the end of the day, but I'll share mind just 'cause.

1. Luke Skywalker
2. Kyp Durron
3, Anakin Skywalker
4. Yoda
5. Revan
6. Mace Windu
7. HotLander
8. Jacen Solo
9. Galen Marek
10. Cade Skywalker

thumb down

Old Post Aug 28th, 2017 09:24 PM
UCanShootMyNova

But I know from past experiences that as soon as debaters start posting images and getting overly sarcastic it's because they know their arguments aren't holding up.

I'd suggest not pulling that with me.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2017 09:27 PM
Deronn_solo
Da Divine King

thumb down

Aww, Galen too low for you? sad

Old Post Aug 28th, 2017 09:29 PM
Darth Thor

I edited the second part Lol

Old Post Aug 28th, 2017 09:30 PM
UCanShootMyNova

Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Aww, Galen too low for you? sad

thumb up

Old Post Aug 28th, 2017 09:31 PM
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Luke
Yoda
Mace
Anakin
Obi Wan

Old Post Aug 29th, 2017 05:37 AM
Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
@#$%

cdtm is online now!

1-15 Zayne Carrick.

Changes reality every time he views the force.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2017 06:30 AM
Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Nah. Canon2weak.

anh Kenobi is more powerful than rots Kenobi though

Old Post Aug 29th, 2017 06:59 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by relentless1
Luke
Yoda
Mace
Anakin
Obi Wan

Great top 5 list thumb up

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: id just swap Anakin and Mace. But who cares, it's all PT/OT

Old Post Aug 29th, 2017 07:27 AM
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Great top 5 list thumb up

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: id just swap Anakin and Mace. But who cares, it's all PT/OT

thanks. Yeah Mace and Ani are interchangeable for me as we don't know wether or not he'd whoop Anakin in a fair fight cuz he was blindsided after all

Old Post Aug 29th, 2017 09:33 AM
Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote