KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Barsen'thor Vs Zayne Carrik

Barsen'thor Vs Zayne Carrik
Started by: Fated Xtasy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
chilled monkey

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
But she is - at best - an okay duelist,

Again, what do you base this claim on exactly?

Nephthys and I have both presented something to prove our point that the Barsen'thor is a skilled duelist.

You have presented nothing other than personal bias.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2014 12:18 AM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

^Wait what evidence? I am curious.

The North Remembers

Old Post Apr 12th, 2014 02:18 AM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Originally posted by chilled monkey
Again, what do you base this claim on exactly?

Nephthys and I have both presented something to prove our point that the Barsen'thor is a skilled duelist.

You have presented nothing other than personal bias.

Must I be the meat in a imbecile sandwich! Okay @chilled monkey don't pretend to understand my reasoning, I have no personal biased against the Barsen'thor, in fact I've been very fair, in my opinion. Nothing I've said is based on biased, it is all facts.
Zayne Carrik clumsy force user? Yes, Fact.
Barsen'thor powerful Jedi? Yes, Fact.
Zayne Carrik, better duelist? Yes, Fact
Barsen'thor, impressive feats? Yes. Fact. Fact, Fact, fact
How about next time you read my other post before accusing me of being biased, I'm very fair in my judgments, compared to others on the site.

@Neph really? Are you bloody serious! How is Anakin's moving a colossal statue, nothing compared to what the Barsen'thor did? The Barsen'thor is impressive, but her abilities are nothing compared to Kreia's Vast knowledge of the Force and it horrible abilities or Starkiller's great master of force rage and his destructive and chaotic Force powers. Hell Starkiller is the Barsen'thor with better dueling skills. By the by, Neph, if you wanna bring wookipedia into this, well it also say ls her skills with the lightsaber are very minor, so I certainly hope you won't be a hypocrite and bring all the good from wookipedia, yet, ignore the bad.
either way I respect your opinions and agree with some of them, but I say Zayne wins, he's just far more skilled with saber than Barsen'thor.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2014 04:23 AM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

This is getting a little ridiculous. Barsen's feats and accolades outstrip Zayne's so badly, that you may as well pit sidious against yaddle.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Apr 12th, 2014 12:25 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Must I be the meat in a imbecile sandwich! Okay @chilled monkey don't pretend to understand my reasoning, I have no personal biased against the Barsen'thor, in fact I've been very fair, in my opinion. Nothing I've said is based on biased, it is all facts.

Don't make me laugh.

Zayne Carrik, better duelist? Yes, Fact

False.

I have asked you twice already to provide some proof of Zayne's alleged superiority as a duelist and twice you have ignored the question.

How about next time you read my other post before accusing me of being biased, I'm very fair in my judgments, compared to others on the site.

I've read your posts and it's clear you're very biased seeing as you repeatedly claim Zayne is a better duelist with no evidence to prove it and are even arrogant enough to state this as a fact for no other reason than "because I say so."

@Neph really? By the by, Neph, if you wanna bring wookipedia into this, well it also say ls her skills with the lightsaber are very minor,

That's a lie. The article says, and I quote

"Trained as a Jedi Consular, the Barsen'thor was a master of wielding the Force and had AT LEAST minor proficiency with a lightsaber."

See the bit where it says "at least?" At no point is the "minor proficiency" bit stated to be conclusive and it certainly doesn't say "very minor."

either way I respect your opinions and agree with some of them, but I say Zayne wins, he's just far more skilled with saber than Barsen'thor.

Yet again, what proof is there that Zayne is "far more skilled" with a lightsabre?

And before you start yipping "Zayne held off Lucien Draay" I'll say it again.

So what?

The Barsen'thor has won tons of lightsabre duels against very powerful and skilled opponents. Not just held them off, she WON numerous duels against them.

Originally posted by Lord Stark
^Wait what evidence? I am curious.

Do you have short-term memory loss or something?

Nephthys clearly stated that Satele Shan (you know, only the Jedi Grandmaster) acknowledged the Barsen'thor as highly skilled. They also provided lines from the SWTOR encyclopedia which state that Jedi Consulars are skilled with lightsabres.

I pointed out that she has won tons of lightsabre duels.

Last edited by chilled monkey on Apr 12th, 2014 at 04:27 PM

Old Post Apr 12th, 2014 04:18 PM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Oh, and I haven't forgotten that you only "hesitantly" admitted the Barsen'thor was the better Force-user.

So yeah I'll hesitantly give You the win on force powers,

This is like "hesitantly" giving Palpatine the win on Force powers vs. Johun Othone.

Or this whingefest here:

*sigh* sometimes I wonder if people just say "he stomps" because "hE Ar3 Teh L3gEnDd@ry B@rS3n'Th0r!" I seriously HATE people that think their choices are canon, they are just some hardcore Role players who RP too much imo

No, you're not biased at all (that's sarcasm).

Old Post Apr 12th, 2014 07:51 PM
S_W_LeGenD

Seriously, this contest warrants a debate?

Barsen'thor might just choke Zayne to death. No contest.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2014 08:28 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Okay lets go over the Barsen'thor enemies,
#1 Nalen Rolch, how is he impressive? He literally has no Jedi Training what so ever, thats like saying Kyle's defeat of stormtrooper is impressive.

#2 Augin Blaesus, has no impressive feats or accolades, how is he impressive?

#3 Sophia Farash, once again no great techniques no extraordinary skill with a light saber.

Out of all her opponents, the only impressive ones are Lord Vivicar and The First son, and even then Vivicar is still more impressive than The first son, Imo
So yeah Force wise she's great, powerful, hell I'll even say masterful and amazing(no sarcasm)
she defeated countless of droids, mercs and Jedi, ****ing A! So has Jaden, Kyle, Revan and Anakin. Still impressive(once again, no sarcasm) she was able to open a impenetrable door using the force, great, I'm not denying her skill with the Force, it obviously very great compared to Zayne, and I would an idiot to deny it, with all that said however, you must admit, the Barsen'thor's quest line is more about the Force itself rather than the physical aspect that comes with being a Jedi.
So I see what you @chilled monkey might interpret as Biased, I am hateful or as my master would say "a person who highly dislikes" Favoritism, hardcore Role players that believe their choice are canon and fanboyism. That is what I hate or strongly dislike, because it is something I've seen time and time again(on other sites) and it bothers me that people - due to favoritism and Fanboyism and sometimes just force the 'troll' of it. And I know I might or more likely have come across like that and for that I apologize, I Honestly try to be fair in my Threads(go take a look!) so if I came across like a 13 yo fanboy, I apologize. Either way I respect your and everyone else's opinion and I'd like to thank all of You for keeping this thread interesting smile

Old Post Apr 12th, 2014 09:29 PM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

LoL

Old Post Apr 12th, 2014 09:51 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Barsen'thor might just choke Zayne to death. No contest.

Probably more easy than that.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2014 09:54 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Okay lets go over the Barsen'thor enemies,
#1 Nalen Rolch, how is he impressive? He literally has no Jedi Training what so ever, thats like saying Kyle's defeat of stormtrooper is impressive.

Not so. Firstly he did have training from Rajivari's holocron, to the point where he was able to rip a huge chunk of rock out of a cave ceiling. Secondly he was a highly skilled fighter who defeated Qyzen Fess, a veteran Trandoshan whose entire life is about making honourable kills, including Wookies. Third, Satele Shan herself considered the Barsen'thor's victory over him an impressive achievement.

Make no mistake, Nalen was no stormtrooper.

#2 Augin Blaesus, has no impressive feats or accolades, how is he impressive?

He and Lord Kyrus slaughtered an army of Sarkhai troops and fought through the palace defenses. Plus the king and queen stated that he seemed invincible in combat.

Not much granted, but better than nothing.

#3 Sophia Farash, once again no great techniques no extraordinary skill with a light saber.

True, but remember she is a Child of the Emperor and they are high on the Sith Empire totem pole.

Out of all her opponents, the only impressive ones are Lord Vivicar and The First son, and even then Vivicar is still more impressive than The first son, Imo

Keep in mind though that she's beating Jedi masters despite only just being knighted. That's very early in her career. Plus the fact that using the shielding technique is stated to weaken her each time it's used (yes I know, depends on player choice, but I think we can safely assume until we learn otherwise that she did shield them rather than kill them).

Also keep in mind that Sith of this era were held to ludicrously high standards. True, that's not actual feats, but I think it's safe to assume that all Sith of the era should be considered at least to be no pushovers.

she defeated countless of droids, mercs and Jedi, ****ing A! So has Jaden, Kyle, Revan and Anakin.

You do know, don't you, that all of the guys you just mentioned are elite lightsabre duelists (except Jaden and while not an elite, he's still a high-level duelist)?

So you're admitting that the Barsen'thor's fighting skills are on the same level as guys who are acknowledged as some of the greatest swordsmen of their eras? Good, glad we sorted that out.

Still impressive(once again, no sarcasm) she was able to open a impenetrable door using the force, great, I'm not denying her skill with the Force, it obviously very great compared to Zayne, and I would an idiot to deny it, with all that said however, you must admit, the Barsen'thor's quest line is more about the Force itself rather than the physical aspect that comes with being a Jedi.

True. I suspect that is why the Wookiepedia article is worded the way it is.

So I see what you @chilled monkey might interpret as Biased, I am hateful or as my master would say "a person who highly dislikes" Favoritism, hardcore Role players that believe their choice are canon and fanboyism. That is what I hate or strongly dislike, because it is something I've seen time and time again(on other sites) and it bothers me that people - due to favoritism and Fanboyism and sometimes just force the 'troll' of it. And I know I might or more likely have come across like that and for that I apologize, I Honestly try to be fair in my Threads(go take a look!) so if I came across like a 13 yo fanboy, I apologize. Either way I respect your and everyone else's opinion and I'd like to thank all of You for keeping this thread interesting smile

You're welcome. Apology accepted.

To be fair I can see your point.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2014 04:10 AM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

how is this even a thread?

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Apr 13th, 2014 04:39 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Good question

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Apr 13th, 2014 06:36 AM
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Bump to humble my butt.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2015 02:22 AM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Well Kerra's certainly a more appropriate opponent than ****in Barsen'thor

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Jul 28th, 2015 02:28 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Kas'im has a better chance of beating Darth Malgus, than Zayne has of winning this fight

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jul 28th, 2015 02:37 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

No idea how this managed to reach a full two pages, but the Barsen'thor could probably beat Zayne by the time he finished his Prologue.

Post-Act 3 Consular? Zayne would probably be a strong mob for him at most, lol.

The Consular's feats and accolades are just better. Not seeing how this is a debatable thread.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2015 09:42 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote