KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Krayt vs. Darth Bane DOE

Darth Krayt vs. Darth Bane DOE
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Darth Krayt vs. Darth Bane DOE

Always an interesting match.

The Sithari vs. Master of the new order.

Force, sabers, all out

Old Post Apr 12th, 2014 06:19 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Intrepid37
Restricted

Account Restricted

Krayt got pwned by holocron Bane. Real Bane rips him to pieces.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2014 06:51 AM
Click here to Send Intrepid37 a Private Message Find more posts by Intrepid37 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

I give it to Krayt. Sabers is fairly close, but he's got the force edge and is overall more experienced.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Intrepid37
Krayt got pwned by holocron Bane. Real Bane rips him to pieces.

Pfft, no he didn't smile Three holocrons, including *one that held Darth Andeddu's actual spirit*, tried to make his growths overcome him, and he overcame them.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2014 10:19 AM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astor Ebligis
Restricted

Account Restricted

PoD Bane would make short work of Krayt imo. DoE Bane takes it pretty easily and RoT Bane wins in a massacre.

1. quanchi112
2-9. Various posters
10. Nai

Old Post Apr 12th, 2014 10:23 AM
Click here to Send Astor Ebligis a Private Message Find more posts by Astor Ebligis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Intrepid37
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Q99
I give it to Krayt. Sabers is fairly close, but he's got the force edge and is overall more experienced.

Pfft, no he didn't smile Three holocrons, including *one that held Darth Andeddu's actual spirit*, tried to make his growths overcome him, and he overcame them.

I was kidding.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2014 11:49 AM
Click here to Send Intrepid37 a Private Message Find more posts by Intrepid37 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Bane>Sith pretenders. thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Apr 12th, 2014 03:03 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by Galan007
Bane>Sith pretenders. thumb up

People who call the one sith pretenders have a very strong tendency to end up dead smile

And heck, people who didn't consider the One Sith pretenders include Jacen and Luke. It's funny to me that people can write off Krayt when Luke Skywalker considered not-at-his-height Krayt to be quite formidable.

Darth Krayt has a lot more knowledge of the force than Bane, major abilities he lacks, and is a more experienced, very experience duelist. Especially Reborn Krayt.

Without his orbalisks, Bane's got the short end of the stick here. With, it's a pretty epic duel.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2014 03:09 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by Q99
Darth Krayt has a lot more knowledge of the force than Bane, major abilities he lacks

You mean Dark Transfer and... that's really the only one I can think of.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Apr 12th, 2014 03:23 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Q99
People who call the one sith pretenders have a very strong tendency to end up dead smile

And heck, people who didn't consider the One Sith pretenders include Jacen and Luke. It's funny to me that people can write off Krayt when Luke Skywalker considered not-at-his-height Krayt to be quite formidable.

Darth Krayt has a lot more knowledge of the force than Bane, major abilities he lacks, and is a more experienced, very experience duelist. Especially Reborn Krayt.

Without his orbalisks, Bane's got the short end of the stick here. With, it's a pretty epic duel.
Lot of words just to tell me I'm right. thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Apr 12th, 2014 03:25 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by Emperordmb
You mean Dark Transfer and... that's really the only one I can think of.

Dark Transfer is a highly formidable technique, though--And Shatterpoint alone has it's uses. Also--Krayt has displayed far greater use of telepathic powers as well.

So that is two Force advantages Krayt already has. Admittedly though, Bane's FL is quite a bit better than Krayt's own, and their TK is rather evenly matched.

Both have also displayed extremely high levels of pain tolerance, and mental fortitude on a similar level, and both are powerful Force Drain practitioners--Though it likely won't come into play during this fight.

Physically, both are rather monstrous as well--Bane's strength is great enough to rip durasteel doors off their hinges, and smash skulls with punches, while Krayt's is great enough to punch holes in Abeloth, as well as pick up Cade by the throat with a single arm. Bane is fast enough to run and flight in wild blurs and fight faster than Zannah, who could move faster than thought, while Krayt is fast enough to speedblitz 4 Imperial Knight Masters, and fight faster than Cade Skywalker.

Krayt is likely a bit more skilled, having outdueled Cade Skywalker with only one of his twin lightsabers, and the sheer fact that his experience is far greater--As he had killed "thousands of opponents since the Clone Wars." Bane was also highly formidable though, having fought a Soresu master like Zannah as an equal or superior, as well as holding his own against a master of all 7 forms before his peak. (But then again, Krayt also held his own against Obi-Wan and Aurra Sing long before his own peak.)

Really, to be entirely honest they're rather evenly matched in most categories, you realize. So the fact that Krayt has abilities like Dark Transfer, Sith Sorcery, and high-level Telepathic capabilities is definitely something that could tip the scales to his favor.

If it's not already clear, though, my vote is with Krayt--But only barely.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2014 05:05 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Bane has greater feats with mental strength and fortitude than Krayt does, and would be able to shrug off Krayt's telepathic attacks.

I do agree that force drain wouldn't come into play here.

I would rate Bane the physically superior of the two, as his strength feats you cited were superior and while he was drugged. Krayt's speedblitzing is impressive, though Bane's implicit speed of around 30 strikes a second impresses me more. Bane's endurance is also very impressive, as he was noted to train with Kas'im for hours at a time, and was capable of forgoing the need for sleep.

As per skill, Bane has a very resourceful and effective fighting style, boasting an overwhelming and highly unpredictable offense as well as a highly capable defense. If Krayt somehow penetrates Bane's defense, Bane can also throw up a cocoon of lightning capable of blocking lightsaber blows.

Krayt's Dark Transfer is an edge for him, though Bane also has a few abilities of his own, such as the aforementioned lightning cocoon, as well as an ability called inertia, where he alters his body's momentum to make himself even more unpredictable and agile.

My vote is with Bane

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!

Old Post Apr 12th, 2014 05:28 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Revanite2001

Bane takes it easily. Far faster and stronger and better with a saber.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2014 05:29 PM
Click here to Send Revanite2001 a Private Message Find more posts by Revanite2001 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Intrepid37
Restricted

Account Restricted

When did Bane strike 30 times a second?

Old Post Apr 12th, 2014 05:36 PM
Revanite2001

When did Bane strike 30 times a second?

He dodged raindrops

Old Post Apr 12th, 2014 05:38 PM
Click here to Send Revanite2001 a Private Message Find more posts by Revanite2001 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Intrepid37
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Revanite2001
He dodged raindrops

That's not what I asked.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2014 05:40 PM
Revanite2001

That's not what I asked.

well im answering your ****ing question *******

Old Post Apr 12th, 2014 05:47 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

He strikes at ten strikes a second in POD, and in ROT when in a similar situation he considers deflecting raindrops in a storm impossible, even when using telekinesis in his predicament. By DOE he is capable of deflecting raindrops in a storm for ten minutes.

Or consider that Kas'im fighting faster than ten strikes a second was noted as being akin to wielding six lightsabers while Bane in ROT against Zannah was noted as being akin to wielding twelve lightsabers, and in DOE he's "faster than she could've ever imagined."

This places DOE Bane's combat speed at roughly 30 strikes per second.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2014 05:47 PM
Revanite2001

That's not what I asked.

DoE.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2014 05:49 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

quote:

Bane has greater feats with mental strength and fortitude than Krayt does, and would be able to shrug off Krayt's telepathic attacks.

No, Bane does not have greater feats of mental strength and fortitude than Krayt. Bane has withstood pain from drugs and losing an arm, as well as resisted Zannah's illusions. Krayt has withstood the Vong's embrace of pain, and much more easily resisted Wyyrlok's illusions.

quote:
Bane's implicit speed of around 30 strikes a second impresses me more.

Bane has never achieved anything close to this.

quote:
Krayt's Dark Transfer is an edge for him, though Bane also has a few abilities of his own, such as the aforementioned lightning cocoon.

Lightning Cocoon is a trick that might save him once, not an insta-killing trump card like Dark Transfer.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2014 06:12 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astor Ebligis
Restricted

Account Restricted

Rain feat puts Bane's strikes per seconds in the quadruple digits bro.

1. Bane has an absolutely massive advantage in speed.
2. He was a lightsaber prodigy that learned at an absolutely ridiculous rate, chances are his natural talents more than make up for the deficit in experience.
3. He has far superior TK and lightning feats.
4. Find the idea that Krayt's knowledge eclipsed Bane's questionable.
5. Best measure of strength is the person's physical attributes and Bane is basically built like a roided up Alistair Overeem.
6. For Dark Transfer to work, Krayt would have to touch Bane; this is largely redundant however as a lightsaber alone would be just as deadly in most cases, and has the advantages of greater reach, and not leaving your arm vulnerable to getting cut off.
7. Bane's mental abilities eclipse Krayt's.

1. quanchi112
2-9. Various posters
10. Nai

Old Post Apr 12th, 2014 06:22 PM
Click here to Send Astor Ebligis a Private Message Find more posts by Astor Ebligis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote