KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Krayt vs. Darth Bane DOE

Darth Krayt vs. Darth Bane DOE
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Astor Ebligis
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NewGuy01
No, Bane does not have greater feats of mental strength and fortitude than Krayt. Bane has withstood pain from drugs and losing an arm, as well as resisted Zannah's illusions. Krayt has withstood the Vong's embrace of pain, and much more easily resisted Wyyrlok's illusions.

Bane has never achieved anything close to this.

Lightning Cocoon is a trick that might save him once, not an insta-killing trump card like Dark Transfer.

Zannah is far, far, far more powerful than Wyyrlok. And Bane shrugged off Krayt's efforts to influence his mind with laughable ease, when it worked on every single other member of the BoD.

1. quanchi112
2-9. Various posters
10. Nai

Old Post Apr 12th, 2014 06:24 PM
Click here to Send Astor Ebligis a Private Message Find more posts by Astor Ebligis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Revanite2001

Originally posted by Astor Ebligis
Rain feat puts Bane's strikes per seconds in the quadruple digits bro.

1. Bane has an absolutely massive advantage in speed.
2. He was a lightsaber prodigy that learned at an absolutely ridiculous rate, chances are his natural talents more than make up for the deficit in experience.
3. He has far superior TK and lightning feats.
4. Find the idea that Krayt's knowledge eclipsed Bane's questionable.
5. Best measure of strength is the person's physical attributes and Bane is basically built like a roided up Alistair Overeem.
6. For Dark Transfer to work, Krayt would have to touch Bane; this is largely redundant however as a lightsaber alone would be just as deadly in most cases, and has the advantages of greater reach, and not leaving your arm vulnerable to getting cut off.
7. Bane's mental abilities eclipse Krayt's.

Agreed bane wins easily. his speed feats are greater than sids tbh.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2014 06:56 PM
Click here to Send Revanite2001 a Private Message Find more posts by Revanite2001 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Krayt's blitzing of four knights seems like something that might've been labor intensive. But then again if he fought faster than Cade that might not be the case, Bane rips durasteel doors off but Krayt punches holes through Abeloth? Krayt might be slightly stronger.

Skill goes to Krayt for knowing tons of Sith lore, plus formal Jedi training, plus getting stronger after death and killing tons of opponents by his own admission. I think he takes this with mid-high difficulty.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Apr 12th, 2014 07:00 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

Given that he wasn't striking at each raindrop individually, no it doesn't. Bane was moving his saber in a single set of circular sequences, blocking the raindrops.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2014 08:14 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astor Ebligis
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
Given that he wasn't striking at each raindrop individually, no it doesn't. Bane was moving his saber in a single set of circular sequences, blocking the raindrops.

Didn't say he was striking each one individually; to rotate it that quickly alone would be equiv. to that many s.p.s..

1. quanchi112
2-9. Various posters
10. Nai

Old Post Apr 12th, 2014 08:34 PM
Click here to Send Astor Ebligis a Private Message Find more posts by Astor Ebligis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Intrepid37
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Emperordmb
He strikes at ten strikes a second in POD

Provide a quote.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2014 08:43 PM
Click here to Send Intrepid37 a Private Message Find more posts by Intrepid37 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

"Kas'im lunged in again, and the room was filled with the hiss and hum of lightsabers striking each other half a dozen times in the space of two heartbeats." -POD
It’s simple math here. The maximum heart rate for somebody of Bane’s age is around 200 per minute, which when divided by sixty to get you the heart rate per second leaves you with 3.333, then you multiply it by six (half a dozen) to get twenty, then divide this by two because it takes place in two heartbeats and you get ten strikes per second.

Which is perfectly reasonable given Bane's prior speed feat:
“He channeled it through his muscles and limbs, moving so fast it seemed as if time had stopped for the rest of the world. In the blink of an eye he knocked the saber from Sirak's hand, sliced down to shatter his forearm, then spun through and brought his saber crashing into his opponent's lower leg. For an instant none of the spectators was even aware of what had happened; it took their minds a moment to catch up and register the blur of action that had occurred so much quicker than their eyes could see.”-POD
Bane strikes three times in the blink of an eye, which is around .3 seconds. Multiply this to one second, and you again get ten strikes per second.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Apr 12th, 2014 09:21 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

Didn't say he was striking each one individually; to rotate it that quickly alone would be equiv. to that many s.p.s..

Not in the context of a duel, unless he's just going to move his blade in a single set of rotating sequences.

Obi Wan level jedi can block several blasters simultaneously on the fly. Are we to assume their striking speed is eguivalent to several blasters at once, which, by the way, travel faster than raindrops?

I know you're going to say that it's not the speed in which the raindrops travel that makes the feat so impressive, but the constant of the downpour. But, wasn't Bane already moving his blade before the full extent of the rainstorm? If so, wouldn't that make it a little less impressive in terms of reaction speed? I mean, it's not like he ran out in the middle of a full downpour and reacted to each raindrop at once. He already had his blade in motion, and all he had to do was keep the motion going as the rainstorm reached it's full extent.

Not saying Bane is not incredibly fast, but that's not the speed feat I would keep harping on when it comes to a duel, especially among other fast duelists.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2014 09:26 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

The value I take from Bane's rainstorm feat is that it demonstrates his drastic increase in speed from POD when you consider that at the beginning ROT he considers such a feat impossible.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!

Old Post Apr 12th, 2014 09:28 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

It is impressive. Bane would have to literally rotate his blade fast enough to form a shield in order to block the downpour, but it's not the most impressive speed feat as some suggest. Vader has formed a shield out of his blade in one issue of the DT comics, yet he wasn't outpacing Maul's duplicate when they dueled.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2014 09:44 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Vader has formed a shield out of his blade in one issue of the DT comics
Do you recall the issue # off hand?

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Apr 12th, 2014 10:37 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

[B]"Kas'im lunged in again, and the room was filled with the hiss and hum of lightsabers striking each other half a dozen times in the space of two heartbeats." -POD

Nexus feat.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2014 11:00 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by Galan007
Do you recall the issue # off hand?

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Apr 12th, 2014 11:01 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

Originally posted by NewGuy01

Yeah, that's it. Do you know the issue #, NewGuy?

Or did you figure it out, Galan? If not, I can get it for you by tomorrow.

Also, there's another impressive speed feat from Vader in the series involving waves of blaster bolts, IIRC.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2014 06:58 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Old Post Apr 13th, 2014 07:00 AM
Astor Ebligis
Restricted

Account Restricted

It is impressive. Bane would have to literally rotate his blade fast enough to form a shield in order to block the downpour, but it's not the most impressive speed feat as some suggest. Vader has formed a shield out of his blade in one issue of the DT comics, yet he wasn't outpacing Maul's duplicate when they dueled.

Yes it is. Refer to Zampablo's calculations. It is one thing to create a simple shield, but to have it perform that function against the downpour of rain is another thing entirely. And it doesn't matter that he was simply rotating the saber, the feat still contains an application of speed that would translate into swinging speed. And it honestly puts his s.p.s. in the quadruple digits.

I'd be interested to see what your take on this was if it had been Sidious who performed the feat brah.

1. quanchi112
2-9. Various posters
10. Nai

Old Post Apr 13th, 2014 07:52 AM
Intrepid37
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's not really more impressive than deflecting a few blaster bolts, which travel vastly faster than rain.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2014 07:57 AM
Click here to Send Intrepid37 a Private Message Find more posts by Intrepid37 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

in ROT when in a similar situation he considers deflecting raindrops in a storm impossible,

Really? I've always felt that DoE Bane was the fastest version, but this would confirm it.

Also on the subject of strength, Bane ripped Farfallas lightsaber out of his hand with one strike.

The ****? Hell no.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2014 01:51 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by Nephthys
Really? I've always felt that DoE Bane was the fastest version, but this would confirm it.

As does him being faster than Zannah could've ever imagined in their final fight.

Originally posted by Nephthys
Also on the subject of strength, Bane ripped Farfallas lightsaber out of his hand with one strike.

And he also ripped a durasteel door off of its hinges while drugged

Old Post Apr 13th, 2014 05:50 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Well yeah, but certain people were convinced RoT Bane was the fastest. As I recall some moron made the argument that the rainstorm feat was invalid because it was faster than anything Bane had done in RoT and RoT was Bane at his fastest so it was inconsistent. This person sure was a dumbass.

I know, you said. I was adding that feat to your own list of Banes strength feats.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2014 07:17 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote