KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Krayt vs. Darth Bane DOE

Darth Krayt vs. Darth Bane DOE
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Intrepid37
Restricted

Account Restricted

lol

When Bane noted that it would be ''impossible'' to deflect rain, I'm pretty sure it was before Bane had acquired his orbalisks.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2014 07:22 PM
Click here to Send Intrepid37 a Private Message Find more posts by Intrepid37 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Yeah

Old Post Apr 13th, 2014 07:25 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

quote:
Emperordmb

As per skill, Bane has a very resourceful and effective fighting style, boasting an overwhelming and highly unpredictable offense as well as a highly capable defense. If Krayt somehow penetrates Bane's defense, Bane can also throw up a cocoon of lightning capable of blocking lightsaber blows.

Krayt's Dark Transfer is an edge for him, though Bane also has a few abilities of his own, such as the aforementioned lightning cocoon, as well as an ability called inertia, where he alters his body's momentum to make himself even more unpredictable and agile.

Dark transfer is not his only advantage.

Krayt additionally has shatterpoint, and Tutaminis, able to absorb force lightning bare handed, something only a very few force users have been observed doing (Revan, Yoda, Karness Muur, Krayt, and Wyyrlok). Tutaminis means lightning defenses and offenses do not mean much to him, he does not even need a saber to defend in the way most do.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Astor Ebligis
Zannah is far, far, far more powerful than Wyyrlok.

Not sure about that- Wyyrlok beat one of the most famed Sith sorcerers in a sorcery contest, and was getting at the level where he though he could be master of the One Sith.

He's capable of killing purely with illusion.

quote:
And Bane shrugged off Krayt's efforts to influence his mind with laughable ease, when it worked on every single other member of the BoD.

You mean Kaan's?

Originally posted by carthage
Krayt's blitzing of four knights seems like something that might've been labor intensive. But then again if he fought faster than Cade that might not be the case, Bane rips durasteel doors off but Krayt punches holes through Abeloth? Krayt might be slightly stronger.

Skill goes to Krayt for knowing tons of Sith lore, plus formal Jedi training, plus getting stronger after death and killing tons of opponents by his own admission. I think he takes this with mid-high difficulty.

Indeed.

Also on speed, Obi-wan has some impressive speed feats, yet youngHett was quite capable of keeping up with him.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2014 07:50 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

Yes it is. Refer to Zampablo's calculations.

I don't need his calculations to know that forming a shield over his head is the only way the feat makes any sense, really.

It is one thing to create a simple shield, but to have it perform that function against the downpour of rain is another thing entirely.

Tell me how a downpour of rain would make forming a shield any more impressive.

I'd be interested to see what your take on this was if it had been Sidious who performed the feat brah.

I would think it was a damn good speed feat as far as just raw movement is concerned, and it would suggest that he has a great defense provided that he can react to and form the shield before his opponent can make an attack, and provided he can keep up that shield/defense, and in Bane's case the fact that he did so for 10+ minutes makes the feat more impressive than just merely forming the shield, IMO.

Take Vader's feat of deflecting those blaster bolts in NewGuy's post, for example, and mentally replace those bolts with gouts of rain. It would be hard for any drops of rain to get through that defense provided Vader can keep up that raw display of saber movement. In terms of reaction speed (thought processing speed), though, the ability to instantly react to those blaster bolts would require a faster reaction than Bane reacting to a rain storm, considering that bolts travel far faster than rain. However, it would require greater stamina to deflect a rainstorm due to the constant of the downpour. That said, both feats do not translate to striking speed, they are just displays of reaction speed and/or demonstrations of 'raw-movement-speed' and stamina, none of which suggests the ability to utilize that speed skillfully in saber duel. That's why I think you're better off using Bane's dueling feats, unless the rain feat alone suggests Bane is far faster than his opponent, and in this case, I don't think it does.

Lucky for me Palpatine has displayed similar (and superior) speed in and out of combat situations. Don't think that I don't think you know this (lol).

Last edited by Dominis on Apr 13th, 2014 at 08:10 PM

Old Post Apr 13th, 2014 07:55 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Intrepid37
Restricted

Account Restricted

Krayt's feat of blitzing the Knights is vastly overrated. Bane, as a neophyte (felt like writing Nephthys there) all the way back in Path of Destruction, ran faster than Sith apprentices could even see, which is exactly what Krayt did.

Feat wise, Bane's raw power supersedes Krayt's, his physical feats are similar, whereas his skill is on a somewhat similar level to Krayt's.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2014 07:57 PM
Click here to Send Intrepid37 a Private Message Find more posts by Intrepid37 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
Or did you figure it out, Galan? If not, I can get it for you by tomorrow.
Got it. Guess I was expecting something a little different. Thanks, though. thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Apr 13th, 2014 10:04 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astor Ebligis
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Q99
[B]Not sure about that- Wyyrlok beat one of the most famed Sith sorcerers in a sorcery contest, and was getting at the level where he though he could be master of the One Sith.

Sith spirits are known for being far weaker than the living Sith Lord and it was Andeddu's spirit that he defeated.

quote:
You mean Kaan's?

Yep.

1. quanchi112
2-9. Various posters
10. Nai

Old Post Apr 13th, 2014 10:09 PM
Click here to Send Astor Ebligis a Private Message Find more posts by Astor Ebligis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astor Ebligis
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sids 66, there's no such thing as a universal "shield" that your lightsaber can form. It resembles a shield by making such quick rotations, but the quicker the rotations, the more effective the shield is.

What's so impressive about the rain feat is the constant nature of the rain, and the thoroughness of area it covers. Bane has to be able to rotate his saber faster than it takes a single drop of rain to fall about a few cms.

1. quanchi112
2-9. Various posters
10. Nai

Old Post Apr 13th, 2014 10:14 PM
Click here to Send Astor Ebligis a Private Message Find more posts by Astor Ebligis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

And because of the tremendous wind, the rain would be coming in from more directions than just above.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Apr 13th, 2014 10:34 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Sith spirits are known for being far weaker than the living Sith Lord and it was Andeddu's spirit that he defeated.

Kun as a spirit was more powerful then as a person.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Apr 13th, 2014 10:37 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

What's so impressive about the rain feat is the constant nature of the rain, and the thoroughness of area it covers. Bane has to be able to rotate his saber faster than it takes a single drop of rain to fall about a few cms.

I acknowledged this, reread my post. Still don't see how it translates to skillful/precise strikes in the midst of a saber duel.

Likewise with deflecting blaster bolts. In order to block several blaster bolts that are spread out and coming in all at once would require that one must move his saber faster than it takes a single bolt (which, as I said, travels at a far greater speed than a drop of rain, not to mention it also makes a more forceful impact) to travel a few cms, no?

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 03:29 AM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astor Ebligis
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
I acknowledged this, reread my post. Still don't see how it translates to skillful/precise strikes in the midst of a saber duel.

Likewise with deflecting blaster bolts. In order to block several blaster bolts that are spread out and coming in all at once would require that one must move his saber faster than it takes a single bolt (which, as I said, travels at a far greater speed than a drop of rain, not to mention it also makes a more forceful impact) to travel a few cms, no?

Blaster bolts are defended via precog, not speed.

1. quanchi112
2-9. Various posters
10. Nai

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 04:07 AM
Intrepid37
Restricted

Account Restricted

You still need to move your lightsaber fast enough to deflect each of them.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 05:55 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

How is rain any different?

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 06:20 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astor Ebligis
Restricted

Account Restricted

Because the rain truly was constant and the idea that such a scenario has been replicated with blaster bolts that Force Users have defended against is wishful thinking. It might look like they're all being fired at the exact same time in a comic or whatever but chances are each one is being fired at a different time, and all the FU has to do is move fast enough to account for that difference.

When you can prove a scenario with blaster bolts coming continuously at you from every angle at the same time, get back to me brah.

1. quanchi112
2-9. Various posters
10. Nai

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 09:42 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by NewGuy01
How is rain any different?

Precog is referred to as 'danger sense' for a reason. I don't think it would chirp about frickin rain.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 10:50 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Btw, something else some may not realize- Krayt at the beginning of Legacy was specifically weaker than his height with his armor, Wyyrlok said Krayt would not have died had he been as strong as he was in the past.

Krayt went, "Strong with armor (Abeloth fight, Wyyrlok's youth, etc.), weakened with armor due to continual growths (early Legacy), Reborn and stronger than ever (War)."

Andeddu was restored to life, in a living physical body. Just as ClonePalpatine and Vitiate were not in their originals.

Furthermore, he had his scepter as well, containing a crystal of the type seen in force enhancers (and which shattered when he lost the mental contest).

It was an armed, living Andeddu in that fight.

quote:
Intrepid37 Krayt's feat of blitzing the Knights is vastly overrated. Bane, as a neophyte (felt like writing Nephthys there) all the way back in Path of Destruction, ran faster than Sith apprentices could even see, which is exactly what Krayt did.

Pfft, Masters >>> Apprentices. Especially when the apprentices were from an era known to be weak in training, and even non-senior IKs have been seen to fight well against non-apprentice sith, even taking on some Sith masters (Imperial Knights at the padawan level are not considered Imperial Knights yet, and nor do IKs promote people based on wisdom or diplomacy or healing like Jedi sometimes do. One has to be at least the level of a combat-trained full Jedi Knight to get the title. Jao Assim, a full IK but not a senior one, is able to go toe-to-toe with Darth Luft, a Sith Master in charge of building a secret fleet, who chumped multiple IK Initiates without effort).

And these were ones coming at him from all sides, including behind.

If you want running over weaklings, Wolf Sazen and Shado Vao have done that (with full sith warriors, not apprentices), and Cade is stronger than them, but much weaker than Krayt.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 05:07 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

There were people in the room other than apprentices when Bane did that. Kas'im, for instance.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 05:24 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by Nephthys
There were people in the room other than apprentices when Bane did that. Kas'im, for instance.

We know Kas'im can handle his speed, he did handle his speed.

Which is something of an argument against Bane being this blitz-almost-all combatant- a number of foes from the Battle of Ruusian era were able to contest him in saber (losing due to skill or force or similar, not pure speed), and that is by no means the strongest era around.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 05:56 PM
Intrepid37
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Q99
Pfft, Masters >>> Apprentices. Especially when the apprentices were from an era known to be weak in training, and even non-senior IKs have been seen to fight well against non-apprentice sith, even taking on some Sith masters (Imperial Knights at the padawan level are not considered Imperial Knights yet, and nor do IKs promote people based on wisdom or diplomacy or healing like Jedi sometimes do. One has to be at least the level of a combat-trained full Jedi Knight to get the title. Jao Assim, a full IK but not a senior one, is able to go toe-to-toe with Darth Luft, a Sith Master in charge of building a secret fleet, who chumped multiple IK Initiates without effort).

And these were ones coming at him from all sides, including behind.

If you want running over weaklings, Wolf Sazen and Shado Vao have done that (with full sith warriors, not apprentices), and Cade is stronger than them, but much weaker than Krayt.

A lot of words, but I see no proof that featless Imperial Knights should be more than very marginally more adept than apprentices.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 05:57 PM