KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Krayt vs. Darth Bane DOE

Darth Krayt vs. Darth Bane DOE
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Astor Ebligis
Restricted

Account Restricted

Via a combo of precog/skill. But he couldn't visually process his speed, which is extremely impressive.

1. quanchi112
2-9. Various posters
10. Nai

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 05:59 PM
Click here to Send Astor Ebligis a Private Message Find more posts by Astor Ebligis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astor Ebligis
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Q99
We know Kas'im can handle his speed, he did handle his speed.

Which is something of an argument against Bane being this blitz-almost-all combatant- a number of foes from the Battle of Ruusian era were able to contest him in saber (losing due to skill or force or similar, not pure speed), and that is by no means the strongest era around.

It is arguably the most impressive era actually bro. And he would have blitzed both Farfalla and Raskta if they hadn't been under the effects of BM. Kas'im was extremely powerful and skilled, and that was all the way back in PoD. Meanwhile Zannah is one of the rare few who is even more powerful than Bane.

Krayt didn't even blitz those IKs and they don't hold a candle to Farfalla or Raskta or even Sarro who were among the most powerful Jedi of that era.

1. quanchi112
2-9. Various posters
10. Nai

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 06:01 PM
Click here to Send Astor Ebligis a Private Message Find more posts by Astor Ebligis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Q99
We know Kas'im can handle his speed, he did handle his speed.

Which is something of an argument against Bane being this blitz-almost-all combatant- a number of foes from the Battle of Ruusian era were able to contest him in saber (losing due to skill or force or similar, not pure speed), and that is by no means the strongest era around.

I believe even Bane couldn't see Kas'im's attacks clearly, and Bane was beating Kas'im at that point. I'd imagine it was more severe the other way around. As Astor said, they relied upon precog/skill.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 06:53 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

I'd favor Bane here.

Great fight though.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 07:52 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I'd go with Bane too if he was as skilled, was faster, and punched holes through Abeloth.

It'd be a good fight though.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 07:56 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Krayt can win as well, IMO.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 07:57 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Bane is faster then Krayt.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 07:57 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

^^^

Possible. Yes, Bane is undoubtedly extremely fast.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 07:59 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Not really, no. Krayt's blitzing of knights is more impressive, and at the beginning of DOE he even said he was marginally slower due to the wearing of the Orbalisk armor. This is admitted. Krayt is faster.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 07:59 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by carthage
Not really, no. Krayt's blitzing of knights is more impressive, and at the beginning of DOE he even said he was marginally slower due to the wearing of the Orbalisk armor. This is admitted. Krayt is faster.

And how good were those Knights?

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 08:00 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Bane can move at a bullet's speed: 857m/s or 1917mph.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 08:01 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by carthage

Bane says he's marginally slower, but his speed in DOE is more impressive than the other two novels, which leads me to believe his speed peak was a couple of years before DOE.

DOE was actually his highest point of speed shown in the trilogy.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 09:58 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

thumb up

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 10:02 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
And how good were those Knights?

One was the Emperor's cousin (i.e. a descendant of Jaina Solo) and leader of the bodyguard, the other three were hand-picked for the task.

Their plan, before facing Krayt, was to fight their way out of the room-full-of-sith (and if possible, kill Krayt), and Roan Fel, no chump or fool, judged they had a chance of this.

Additionally, we have seen the level at which a IK is considered a full Knight, and one has to be solid before someone's promoted past initial- almost every IK we see fights at Jedi/Sith Master level.

quote:
Nephthys
I believe even Bane couldn't see Kas'im's attacks clearly, and Bane was beating Kas'im at that point. I'd imagine it was more severe the other way around. As Astor said, they relied upon precog/skill.

True enough, which still doesn't speak to blitzing here.

quote:
Astor
It is arguably the most impressive era actually bro.

Not even Bane felt so!

quote:
And he would have blitzed both Farfalla and Raskta if they hadn't been under the effects of BM.

While he'd have won more solidly, I seriously doubt that.

quote:
Krayt didn't even blitz those IKs

He killed several of them without looking as soon as they got in arm's reach.

I'm not sure what else you'd call it.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 10:16 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Q99

Agreed. Bane wouldn't blitz Krayt. He may be faster, but not very much imo.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 10:21 PM
Intrepid37
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Bane says he's marginally slower, but his speed in DOE is more impressive than the other two novels, which leads me to believe his speed peak was a couple of years before DOE.

DOE was actually his highest point of speed shown in the trilogy.

Actually, Bane was at his fastest when he had the orbalisk armor.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 07:31 AM
Click here to Send Intrepid37 a Private Message Find more posts by Intrepid37 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astor Ebligis
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Q99
One was the Emperor's cousin (i.e. a descendant of Jaina Solo)

You're reaching here and I think you know it. Roan simply refers to him as "cousin" but you really can't prove that it was a genuine blood relative from that alone, as it might just be a way that the IK speak to each other, much like how two comrades might refer to themselves as "brothers", but not actually be actual brothers.

Plus if he really were a descendant of Anakin I'd imagine they'd show him a little more respect than having him go out like a chump. Plus he may have just been a cousin but not one that was linked to the Skywalker line.

quote:
and leader of the bodyguard, the other three were hand-picked for the task.

Their plan, before facing Krayt, was to fight their way out of the room-full-of-sith (and if possible, kill Krayt), and Roan Fel, no chump or fool, judged they had a chance of this.

Additionally, we have seen the level at which a IK is considered a full Knight, and one has to be solid before someone's promoted past initial- almost every IK we see fights at Jedi/Sith Master level.

You don't have to blitz someone to have an overwhelming speed advantage over someone. I wouldn't argue that Bane would blitz Krayt, but I would argue that he would be able to overwhelm him with his speed and be all over him.

quote:
Not even Bane felt so!

Even Bane? Bane was their harshest critic. But Bane's main criticism wasn't about their combat prowess but rather their methodology, i.e. thinking that the Sith could destroy the Jedi via sheer warfare, and not through deception and trickery etc.

The fact is they were so good at combat prowess because of their war-centric approach, and that is what Bane was critical of for the most part.

quote:
While he'd have won more solidly, I seriously doubt that.

lol, no I mean it's actually stated in the novel.

quote:
He killed several of them without looking as soon as they got in arm's reach.

I'm not sure what else you'd call it.

Blitzing would be one shotting them before they can react, Krayt simply overwhelmed them with speed, as several exchanges were made. Impressive but I wouldn't put those IK on the level of someone like Sirak, who Bane actually blitzed as far back as midway through PoD.

1. quanchi112
2-9. Various posters
10. Nai

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 08:01 AM
Astor Ebligis
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Nephthys
Agreed. Bane wouldn't blitz Krayt. He may be faster, but not very much imo.

Why would you argue not very much? Krayt really doesn't have any real quantifiable speed feats, whereas Bane has the best one ever, and numerous other great ones. And he's demonstrated dazzling speed over people as powerful as Zannah.

1. quanchi112
2-9. Various posters
10. Nai

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 08:03 AM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by Intrepid37
Actually, Bane was at his fastest when he had the orbalisk armor.

Zannah may disagree.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 12:56 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Intrepid37
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Zannah may disagree.

Zannah doesn't disagree.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 01:48 PM
Click here to Send Intrepid37 a Private Message Find more posts by Intrepid37 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote