KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » DOE Bane vs. Revan (Novel)

DOE Bane vs. Revan (Novel)
Started by: XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The_Tempest

The Ultimate Visual Guide.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 07:06 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Yes, Star Wars The Ultimate Visual Guide reveals that even the most powerful Jedi struggle against containing Sith lightning bursts with their own power.

Revan tanked one of the most impressive bursts of Sith lightning in the mythos, he undoubtedly packs immense raw power. Heck, he send a godlike being packing with a blast of power which is also a confirmation of Revan packing immense raw power and mastery over TK abilities. Bane is clearly outmatched here.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Astor Ebligis
Bane basically did a full body tutaminis on a planetary scale in Path of Destruction when he channelled the Brotherhood's power and ravaged the planet with it.

Bane was on safe distance at this point which also helped.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 07:12 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Bane tanked his own lightning which reduced beast riders to dust while amped by his orbalisks. Also there is no evidence that Nyriss's lightning bursts (while potent) are "one of the most impressive int he mythos". The level of hyperbole in that post is hilarious.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 07:13 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

Originally posted by Intrepid37
''even the most powerful of the Jedi to deflect such power'', referring to lightning.

If the source was talking about lightning in general, wouldn't Krayt fall under that category?

Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astor Ebligis
Restricted

Account Restricted

Huh?

1. quanchi112
2-9. Various posters
10. Nai

Click here to Send Astor Ebligis a Private Message Find more posts by Astor Ebligis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Intrepid37
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
If the source was talking about lightning in general, wouldn't Krayt fall under that category?

Difference is that Krayt did it to weaker lightning in worse condition than Revan, and Revan actually absorbed it first whereas Krayt just deflected it like Dooku did to his own lightning in AOTC:

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 07:16 PM
Click here to Send Intrepid37 a Private Message Find more posts by Intrepid37 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

Shut up, Astor. Intrepid knows what I'm talking about.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 07:17 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

Originally posted by The_Tempest
Palpatine's Force strength wouldn't have changed since then; only his mastery and his ability to effectively and efficiently use the Force. Same with Anakin.

IDK. I've always thought of sheer raw power as the full extent of power one is able to tap into at the time.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 07:21 PM
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by carthage
Bane tanked his own lightning which reduced beast riders to dust while amped by his orbalisks. Also there is no evidence that Nyriss's lightning bursts (while potent) are "one of the most impressive int he mythos". The level of hyperbole in that post is hilarious.

Bane barely survived his own blast. If Zannah haven't attempted to save his life, Bane would have perished.

And Nyriss demonstrated great proficiency in the application of Sith lightning. Her normal casts were potent enough to reduce normal humans to ash and her signature casts were potent enough to reduce even Jedi/Sith level opponents to ash.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Apr 14th, 2014 at 07:28 PM

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 07:25 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by Nephthys
Revan just can't compete in swordsmanship.

I disagree. Revan's mass precognition should be able to fight on pair with Bane's incredible speed. And then in terms of pure dueling abilities, I honestly doubt Mandalore is that far from Raskta Lsu in strength (Bane's best kill). Mandalore smacked a Jedi Malak on his ass in one swing. This is the Malak which is referred to the second best Jedi of his age, behind Revan, during the age of when the Jedi are even more in their prime then the Clone Wars.
(please log in to view the image)
Raskta Lsu is referred to as the best duelist in a much weaker era, and the fact that Mandalore stood "no match" against Revan in "single combat", you can see what I'm going at. Revan should be able to smack down Lsu faster then Bane did. Must I even mention Revan is famous for how he slaughtered so many Echani (Lsu is an Echani)?

Revan takes this, but it will be bloody. Also the scan of the quote you keep debating about :

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Last edited by Jaggarath on Apr 14th, 2014 at 07:32 PM

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 07:29 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Lol @ dodgins

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 07:42 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Lol @ dodging a non force sensitive as a good speed feat and one of precog

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 07:42 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I did not even say dodging the entire time?
[Huge facepalm]
This rests my case, you have no clue what I'm talking about.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 07:45 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

You do know that you're claiming what I am with different words, yes?

Nope. Its as Tempest put it. You need mastery to even be capable of wielding that raw power. Anakin has way more raw power than Yoda, but can't wield a fraction of it and is outstripped by Yoda in Force ability. Just because Revan can harness his power in great ways in a certain technique doesn't mean he can in others. For example Maul has powerful TK powers, but he's never even demonstrated Force Lightning. Bane has extremely powerful lightning, but hasn't demonstrated advanced ability with telepathy.

No, I brought up the quote from the Encyclopedia as it demonstrates Revan's raw power. I never once mentioned Tutaminis.

You do know that you're claiming what I am with different words, yes?

You're using Revan being extremely powerful in one aspect of the Force as proof of him being extremely powerful in another aspect. That doesn't work.

His feats suggest otherwise.

Nope. Bane can incinerate 4 people with a single blast of lightning, turn Drexyls to charred husks, melt blasters, pulp skeletons, utterly dominate Sith Lords and disintegrate metal. Also as Astor said, Bane absorbed the lightning of dozens of Sith Lords in PoD.

But a source of which I forgot its name does state that it's difficult for ''even the most powerful of the Jedi to deflect such power'', referring to lightning.

Heh, then that makes Darth Nox's feat of literally backhanding away Thanatons lightning all the more impressive.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 08:22 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Intrepid37
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nope. Its as Tempest put it. You need mastery to even be capable of wielding that raw power. Anakin has way more raw power than Yoda, but can't wield a fraction of it and is outstripped by Yoda in Force ability. Just because Revan can harness his power in great ways in a certain technique doesn't mean he can in others. For example Maul has powerful TK powers, but he's never even demonstrated Force Lightning. Bane has extremely powerful lightning, but hasn't demonstrated advanced ability with telepathy.

This argument would work if Anakin reached all of his potential. He never did, which is why Yoda is not only more masterful than him, but also more powerful.

You're using Revan being extremely powerful in one aspect of the Force as proof of him being extremely powerful in another aspect. That doesn't work.

No, I'm saying that his raw Force power transcends Bane's.

Nope. Bane can incinerate 4 people with a single blast of lightning, turn Drexyls to charred husks,

Originally posted by you

melt blasters, pulp skeletons, utterly dominate Sith Lords and

What, these feats compare to what Revan did? lol

disintegrate metal.

Nexus + orbalisk feat.

Also as Astor said, Bane absorbed the lightning of dozens of Sith Lords in PoD.

Originally posted by you

Heh, then that makes Darth Nox's feat of literally backhanding away Thanatons lightning all the more impressive.

Good for him.

Last edited by Intrepid37 on Apr 14th, 2014 at 08:37 PM

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 08:34 PM
Click here to Send Intrepid37 a Private Message Find more posts by Intrepid37 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

You said that Banes feats suggest Revan is more powerful than him. So I posted his feats. I'm not saying that they make him better in other aspects of the Force that those I listed, but by listing his feats in various aspects I am rebutting your point. Try again, Intrepi-chan.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 09:07 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PTforthewin
Restricted

Account Restricted

Starkiller Solos

"When will you fools learn, no one escapes from Commander Fox!"

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 09:09 PM
Click here to Send PTforthewin a Private Message Find more posts by PTforthewin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Bane was in the similar situation against Kas'im and you know what happened.

Revan may not be as much technically well-versed in lightsaber arts as Bane but he is extremely effective duelist nonetheless due to his incredible Force abilities. If Revan can cut down a Jedi level opponent with ease, even large groups of foes, I don't see why he cannot hang with Bane in a pure lightsaber duel.

Good point, Bane is the better swordsman and is more powerful. So he should beat Revan much easier than he was beating Kas'im. Bane is significantly faster and stronger than Revan is and has better lightsaber skill.

Cutting down a Jedi-level opponent with ease isn't that impressive. Satele cuts down 3 Sith in a row in the Hope trailer alone.

I am not sure if Bane can take someone as powerful as Revan in a TK battle, Bane isn't a godlike being.

Um, ok. I don't think you'd need to be to beat Revan in a TK battle.

On the contrary, Revan send a godlike being packing with a blast of power while Bane couldn't even budge Kas'im from his position with his most potent blast of power which is embarrassing for Bane to be honest.

Vitiate was distracted and was focusing much of his power to dominating Revan.

With Kas'im, it was a Force Wave, meaning that Kas'im only got hit by a small portion of the wave. And that was just PoD Bane.

In addition, Revan is extremely well-rounded in the ways of the Force (master of both light and dark techniques) and would have lot of techniques under his belt to teach Bane a lesson if it comes to that. Keep in mind that Revan's command of the Force was superior to that of anybody whom Meetra have met and you know that Meetra have met and dealt with some very impressive individuals.

Remember that Bane learned everything from Revan's holocron plus Freedon Nadds and a few others.

As good as Bane is, he isn't in the league of Revan. I do believe that Bane would give Revan a decent challenge and may have a chance at scoring a victory in a lightsaber duel but Revan is the superior individual in this contest.

As poorly written as Revan's novel is, do not mistake Mr. Karphyshyn's low quality writing as indicator of Revan being a weakling. Revan outguns Bane in both raw power and Force mastery aspects to be honest.

Hahaha, no Bane is very much in Revans league if not higher. In fact, there is no if, he just is better than Revan.

Actually Karpyshan himself indicates Bane and Revan are equal.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 09:27 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
I disagree. Revan's mass precognition should be able to fight on pair with Bane's incredible speed.

Precognition isn't that useful if you're too slow to actually do anything with it. Knowing where Bane will strike doesn't mean that Revan would be fast enough to put his lightsaber in the way before Bane cuts him down.

And then in terms of pure dueling abilities, I honestly doubt Mandalore is that far from Raskta Lsu in strength (Bane's best kill).

Bane didn't actually kill Raskta, Zannah stabbed her in the back.

Also lmao @ Mandalore being as good as Raskta..

Mandalore smacked a Jedi Malak on his ass in one swing. This is the Malak which is referred to the second best Jedi of his age, behind Revan, during the age of when the Jedi are even more in their prime then the Clone Wars.

That was Jedi Malak before the Mandalorian Wars even started. He was nowhere near his peak. That Malak also got beaten by Jareal in training, he was a total assclown.

Raskta Lsu is referred to as the best duelist in a much weaker era, and the fact that Mandalore stood "no match" against Revan in "single combat", you can see what I'm going at.

Gee, maybe it was because Revan had the Force and Mandalore had an axe. Just a suggestion.

Revan should be able to smack down Lsu faster then Bane did.

Despite being not nearly as fast as Bane is? Also, Raskta was amped by Battle Meditation at the time.

Must I even mention Revan is famous for how he slaughtered so many Echani (Lsu is an Echani)?

Defeating non-force sensitive Echani doesn't even compare to defeating a Jedi Master Echani.

Revan takes this, but it will be bloody.

No. Bane would demolish Revan in a lightsaber fight.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 09:39 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Actually Karpyshan himself indicates Bane and Revan are equal.

He really doesn't.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 09:44 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote