KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Magneto vs Wonder Woman (DCU)

Magneto vs Wonder Woman (DCU)
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carver9

Magneto vs Wonder Woman (DCU)

Who wins?

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 04:47 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shabazz916

Mags

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 05:37 AM
Shabazz916 is currently offline Click here to Send Shabazz916 a Private Message Find more posts by Shabazz916 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MicCheck
Restricted

Account Restricted

Preboot wrecks his shit

New 52 Gets wrecked until she has better feats

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 05:39 AM
MicCheck is currently offline Click here to Send MicCheck a Private Message Find more posts by MicCheck Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Aren't Diana's bracers capable of being magnetized?

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 06:08 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sasaraixx

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Stoic
Aren't Diana's bracers capable of being magnetized?

I believe that only happened once, in that horribly written story with Dr. Polaris. Considering that the bracers are 1.) magical, 2.) break every other scientific law, and 3) were, according to lore, forged from the skin of a goat, I don't think they should be susceptible to magnetism. I remember asking Gail Simone about this once on one of the forums and she agreed.

As I said though, I think the Polaris incident is the only time it was attempted and he was shocking her with electric currents through the bracers. (And of course, that definitely shouldn't work.)

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 11:17 AM
Sasaraixx is currently offline Click here to Send Sasaraixx a Private Message Find more posts by Sasaraixx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

The bracers have been magnetically manipulated before Polaris. She also has a low tolerance against electrical attacks. Magneto wins since she can't break his shields before he knocks her out.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 11:40 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shabazz916

Wonder woman is vunerable to piercing attacks mags puts more wholes in her thrn swizz cheese

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 12:27 PM
Shabazz916 is currently offline Click here to Send Shabazz916 a Private Message Find more posts by Shabazz916 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Shabazz916
Wonder woman is vunerable to piercing attacks mags puts more wholes in her thrn swizz cheese

She can block attacks.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 01:35 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I don't think the Master of Magnetism is needed to send a woman back to her kitchen...

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 03:52 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

God.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 03:56 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shabazz916

Originally posted by abhilegend
She can block attacks.

Magneto can send 10's of pieces of metal at her all at one time maybe more then that

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 11:31 AM
MicCheck
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Sasaraixx
I believe that only happened once, in that horribly written story with Dr. Polaris. Considering that the bracers are 1.) magical, 2.) break every other scientific law, and 3) were, according to lore, forged from the skin of a goat, I don't think they should be susceptible to magnetism. I remember asking Gail Simone about this once on one of the forums and she agreed.

As I said though, I think the Polaris incident is the only time it was attempted and he was shocking her with electric currents through the bracers. (And of course, that definitely shouldn't work.)
Plus wasn't Polaris amped by the entire South Pole and tooling several other Leaguers?

Other than that I've seen several showings putting Polaris out of Magneto's league like fighting Alan Scott and Jamie Reyes etc..He's just not as well known

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 06:12 PM
MicCheck is currently offline Click here to Send MicCheck a Private Message Find more posts by MicCheck Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

The only person that comes out of that Polaris showing looking at all respectable is Polaris himself. It's a horrible, horrible scene that stinks of bad writing.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 06:16 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MicCheck
Restricted

Account Restricted

I agree, Polaris usually ends up looking good at the expense of other characters, like making Martian look like a dumb ass by manipulating the iron in his blood, even though he can turn his blood and insides into Rocky Road if he wanted to.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 06:19 PM
Sasaraixx

The bracers have been magnetically manipulated before Polaris. She also has a low tolerance against electrical attacks. Magneto wins since she can't break his shields before he knocks her out.

When?

And other than Polaris, where was that stated?

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 12:03 AM
Sasaraixx is currently offline Click here to Send Sasaraixx a Private Message Find more posts by Sasaraixx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

When?

And other than Polaris, where was that stated?

She has been electrocuted several times.

Against Joker IIRC. She channeled electricity through the bracers.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 02:03 AM
Sasaraixx

She has been electrocuted several times.

Against Joker IIRC. She channeled electricity through the bracers.

And was it stated that she has a low tolerance for electricity? If not, then the point stands. We've seen her knocked out before. That doesn't mean she has a low blunt damage durability. We've seen her handle Zeus' lightning bolt and not have the bracers effected by electricity. She eventually got the Zeus' lightning upgrade too. The Polaris incident is not consistent with the character.

And if this is DCNU Diana, considering who her daddy is, it really seems unlikely that shocking her is the way to defeat her. And didn't we just have a scene w/ Batman explaining that she doesn't have a weakness?

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 05:23 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

And was it stated that she has a low tolerance for electricity?
Getting nearly KOED by a single blast from Black Lightning? Um, yes.
quote:
If not, then the point stands. We've seen her knocked out before. That doesn't mean she has a low blunt damage durability. We've seen her handle Zeus' lightning bolt and not have the bracers effected by electricity. She eventually got the Zeus' lightning upgrade too.
One showing doesn't contradicts many others. Getting lightning upgrade doesn't mean much, its like saying superman can shrug off hv.
quote:
The Polaris incident is not consistent with the character.
It is.

quote:
And if this is DCNU Diana, considering who her daddy is, it really seems unlikely that shocking her is the way to defeat her.
Really?
quote:
And didn't we just have a scene w/ Batman explaining that she doesn't have a weakness?

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 06:04 AM
SquallX

Getting nearly KOED by a single blast from Black Lightning? Um, yes. One showing doesn't contradicts many others. Getting lightning upgrade doesn't mean much, its like saying superman can shrug off hv.
It is.

Really?

Wow, ****ing wow. You're hate for anything WW is sickening.

So I guess Clark is weak against electricity too, after all, he's gonna shit ****ed out of by electricity?

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 11:38 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by SquallX
Wow, ****ing wow. You're hate for anything WW is sickening.

So I guess Clark is weak against electricity too, after all, he's gonna shit ****ed out of by electricity?

Superman has laughed at lightning.

Wonder Woman wishes she has durability like Superman.

wink

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 11:59 AM