KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Galen Marek, Starkiller clone Vs Darth Bane, Darth Zannah

Galen Marek, Starkiller clone Vs Darth Bane, Darth Zannah
Started by: WildBantha88

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
WildBantha88

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys

As I said, she has access to Naga Sadows techniques, who knew it. And Bane had access to Revans techniques, who also knew it.

Okay? Having access to knowledge doesn't mean she actually practiced the skill and is able to use it. She still never showed any skill with the power and was never stated to have skill with it

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 10:48 PM
Click here to Send WildBantha88 a Private Message Find more posts by WildBantha88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Why the hell wouldn't she learn the skill? It is Zannahs job to pass on that knowledge to future Sith as per the RoT. She cannot do that if shes doesn't know the ability. Especially since techniques like that are her specialty.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 10:56 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Her knowing the ability and her consistently using said ability in combat are 2 different things tho.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 10:58 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Consistently? All I'm suggesting is her using it once at the start to get some extra power from Bane.

Also, as I said Malak could use the technique and could do so consistently and in battle. I would imagine Zannah being better with the Force than freaking Malak.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 11:00 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

i'm saying it would be out of character for zannah to use an ability that she never uses in combat. It's like me saying Sidious would force maelstrom the hell out of people just because he knows it. Just because Zannah>Malak in the force, doesn't mean Zannah would use drain in combat like malak does.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 11:04 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Team two takes this one.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 11:11 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

I agree.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 11:12 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Another thing to consider is Zannah's illusions compared to Starkiller's emotional instability.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 11:15 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Why the hell wouldn't she learn the skill? It is Zannahs job to pass on that knowledge to future Sith as per the RoT. She cannot do that if shes doesn't know the ability. Especially since techniques like that are her specialty.

And she might have learned it in the ensuing decades post-Bane.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 11:37 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

It only took Bane a week to learn everything in Revans holocron and mostly that was complex rituals, though we know he learned Force techniques as well. Zannah had twenty odd years to study Freedon Nadd's texts. Plus as I said, techniques like Force Drain are her specialty.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 12:24 PM
Astor Ebligis
Restricted

Account Restricted

It only took Bane a week to learn everything in Revans holocron and mostly that was complex rituals, though we know he learned Force techniques as well. Zannah had twenty odd years to study Freedon Nadd's texts. Plus as I said, techniques like Force Drain are her specialty.

To be fair, while that argument might seem to work, it really doesn't. Bane basically learns things in a span of weeks what it takes others lifetimes to learn, whether we're talking about knowledge of the Force from holocrons, lightsaber form combinations, or the application of force powers.

1. quanchi112
2-9. Various posters
10. Nai

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 12:34 PM
Click here to Send Astor Ebligis a Private Message Find more posts by Astor Ebligis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

You're overstating things. Zannah is even more powerful than Bane is, I don't see why her learning rate wouldn't be as much as half as good as his.

Considering the more esoteric techniques Zannah demonstrates, I find it likely she would have learned the more basic Force Drain ability.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 12:38 PM
Astor Ebligis
Restricted

Account Restricted

His learning rate isn't just due to his force potential, or even his natural aptitude with specific skills. We know that he was also extraordinarily intelligent, and just seemed to have a genius's ability to learn things.

1. quanchi112
2-9. Various posters
10. Nai

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 12:43 PM
Click here to Send Astor Ebligis a Private Message Find more posts by Astor Ebligis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote