KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » The Battlezone! Tournament

The Battlezone! Tournament
Started by: XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Astor Ebligis
Restricted

Account Restricted

Would we be able to do 128 or would that be too much?

1. quanchi112
2-9. Various posters
10. Nai

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 07:19 PM
Click here to Send Astor Ebligis a Private Message Find more posts by Astor Ebligis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

No. We need more

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 07:21 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Intrepid37
Restricted

Account Restricted

Include the entire mythos.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 07:23 PM
Click here to Send Intrepid37 a Private Message Find more posts by Intrepid37 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Less or more than 9000?

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 07:23 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carthage
No its not. The more the merrier, perfect way to increase post count and increase the dialogue. For as long as I've been lurking here one complaint was lack of activity, what better way to encourage forum dialogue than with a tournament.

I like the idea. I can't wait to start it

Except that we will be thoroughly analyzing each individual battle (there's 31 battles in total), each one could go 15+ pages depending on the combatants. Adding 128 peeps would make it much more difficult to match up the combatants. This will most likely be going over the span of months so...

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 07:55 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Except that we will be thoroughly analyzing each individual battle (there's 31 battles in total), each one could go 15+ pages depending on the combatants. Adding 128 peeps would make it much more difficult to match up the combatants. This will most likely be going over the span of months so...

Still, the obscure ones are fun, and it's not like we have a time limit.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 08:55 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Here, I'll draw a line in the middle: 64 combatants. Will show characters and matchups in a few hours.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 09:32 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Has to be more than 64 IMO. This tourney might bring in other prospective users since SWF is dead.

I might post some links on Youtube videos once it gets started. Really looking forward to it

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 09:39 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I was fine with 32. Beyond that I'm struggling to come up with characters who aren't obviously out of their depth.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 09:44 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

64 I guess is fine then if Supreme is going with that. I like a lot of matches personally.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 09:45 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Originally posted by Nephthys
I was fine with 32. Beyond that I'm struggling to come up with characters who aren't obviously out of their depth.

Which was the problem i originally saw. I mean, there are a few more i can add, but it gets to the point where the characters simply wouldn't be powerful enough to make it past round 2. However I'll still keep it at 64, as first round matchups with these types of combatants would be interesting.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 09:48 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Just remember to leave out obvious mentions like Luke, Palps, Yoda, and the Ones and we can get rolling.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 09:52 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

yeah. People being left out are as follows:

Luke
Palp
Yoda
Ones
Plagueis
Vitiate
Nihilus

Traya's still in, but no drain.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 09:54 PM
Astor Ebligis
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why leave out Yoda? He's not in any way OP or cheap or a cheat or even controversial or anything. Literally zero reason to leave him out.

1. quanchi112
2-9. Various posters
10. Nai

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 09:58 PM
Click here to Send Astor Ebligis a Private Message Find more posts by Astor Ebligis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Problem: most people would disagree with that statement.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 09:59 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Because he's god mode with his retarded CW feats. Unless your Plagueis, Caedus, or Orbalisk Bane you really have no chance of beating him if he gets a pairing with another character. Windu on the other hand I think can be beaten.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 10:00 PM
Astor Ebligis
Restricted

Account Restricted

And those people are either being delusional or idiotic. Yoda's best feats are perhaps high levels of TK, that while great aren't cosmic in scale, nor are they unrivalled. There's literally no reason to exclude him and you'd be weakenning your tournament by doing so. The others I can understand.

1. quanchi112
2-9. Various posters
10. Nai

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 10:02 PM
Astor Ebligis
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by carthage
Because he's god mode with his retarded CW feats. Unless your Plagueis, Caedus, or Orbalisk Bane you really have no chance of beating him if he gets a pairing with another character. Windu on the other hand I think can be beaten.

At the end of the day somebody's got to win this tournament, and if it is in your opinion Yoda, that's great. I'd only exclude characters that are unimaginably OP or cheap or controversial or something. Yoda is not one of them.

1. quanchi112
2-9. Various posters
10. Nai

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 10:04 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Don't matter to me I guess then. I'd like to see him get eliminated early though, personally.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 10:05 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

halfway done with matchups. Don't know who to match up caedus with.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 10:16 PM