KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » God Cable VS World War Hulk

God Cable VS World War Hulk
Started by: LordofBrooklyn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Cable let Surfer win? Where did you draw that conclusion from?

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 08:15 PM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
If the TK doesn't get him, the TP should.

I know WWH was pretty strong and had insane regen, but his piercing damage wasn't tpo great, so why couldn't someone with high TK just rip him into atoms and disperse them in a wide radius?

He shrugged off adamantium bullets and what happened during WWH to make you think he could get shredded like that?

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 08:15 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Originally posted by carver9
He shrugged off adamantium bullets and what happened during WWH to make you think he could get shredded like that?

He got cut and bled a lot during WWH, I'd argue that incarnation while stronger was actually one of his lesser in terms of durability.

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 08:16 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Lek Kuen
He got cut and bled a lot during WWH, I'd argue that incarnation while stronger was actually one of his lesser in terms of durability.

To the point that he can be ripped to shreds? He healed near instantly.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 08:18 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

To the point that he can be ripped to shreds? He healed near instantly.

I'd argue that if Cable was capable of that (unsure if he is) it would take much longer to heal instantly form, considered it would be more damage done to him then in pretty much any of his arcs minus his fight with Vector, and in this case Cable could keep doing it. As I said unsure if he even could, but it would definitely take a lot from him to heal.

But claws and knives went full into his body, some a foot deep at least so he definitely wasn't as durable as some of his other incarnations which suffer mostly superficial wounds.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 08:21 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

I'd argue that if Cable was capable of that (unsure if he is) it would take much longer to heal instantly form, considered it would be more damage done to him then in pretty much any of his arcs minus his fight with Vector, and in this case Cable could keep doing it. As I said unsure if he even could, but it would definitely take a lot from him to heal.

But claws and knives went full into his body, some a foot deep at least so he definitely wasn't as durable as some of his other incarnations which suffer mostly superficial wounds.

Adamantium went clean through his body and he healed instantly. Zom Strange was punching holes in him and he healed near instant. I can't see something like that working.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 08:24 PM
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by cdtm
If the TK doesn't get him, the TP should.

I know WWH was pretty strong and had insane regen, but his piercing damage wasn't tpo great, so why couldn't someone with high TK just rip him into atoms and disperse them in a wide radius?

What stops this from happening? You may have forgotten that the Hulk was hit by Black Bolts powers, and he was fine. He was actually seen walking through a full scream much like Thanos did. He wasn't torn asunder like you may think he should have. All of this happened on panel. John Romita Jr. was the sketch artist on that book where we see him bleeding so much, but if you look at his fight with the X-Men you didn't see any more blood than you would normally see.

This does not mean that he was severely hurt or nearly at the point of death. Black Bolt hit him with planet devastating attacks.

I disagree there are plenty of good fights in fiction that end in someone being trapped, sent back to their realm, or otherwise got rid off. It's a true win and doesn't stop a fight from being interesting. If smarts and tactics never were a part in fights it would get pretty boring, the fact that characters can get rid of others without having to beat them down or kill them can keep the end satisfying while leaving room for more to come. A brf doesn't necessarily mean a boring, walk into a portal the moment the fight starts, it can be something really epic in the hands of the right person.

You're getting ahead of yourself though. Cable may not be given the chance to do all of those things. People have to keep in mind that the Hulk is very fast, and that we aren't talking about the Blob or some other slow brick.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 08:26 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Adamantium went clean through his body and he healed instantly. Zom Strange was punching holes in him and he healed near instant. I can't see something like that working.

Well he was on the defensive against Zom when those holes were being hit through him, it's very possible that something could keep him down if they kept up. Especially as blowing him up (which is the argument being used) is much more extensive then holes in his stomach or blades through his arms.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 08:26 PM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Originally posted by Stoic

You're getting ahead of yourself though. Cable may not be given the chance to do all of those things. People have to keep in mind that the Hulk is very fast, and that we aren't talking about the Blob or some other slow brick.

Yes my argument was if it was possible, in response to carver saying it wouldn't put him down. I don't know if Cable can do it, but I think if it actually happened it would do some damage.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 08:27 PM
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Cable let Surfer win? Where did you draw that conclusion from?

^ That.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 08:28 PM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Originally posted by Stoic
Cable was thinking and acting fast enough to ready for Surfer's attack that was coming to his island from orbit. He then fended off Surfer while holding up Providence and actively repairing all the damage to the surroundings from their fight. He had also been performing his jesus-like miracles for weeks on end, even while sleeping, and wasn't entering the fight fresh like he is this one.

Given the speed and complicated nature with which he was performing tasks while fending off Surfer's assault, I think it's well within the character's limits to take some strikes from the Hulk while maintaining his own attacks.

He also never used offensive telepathy in his match against Surfer, though (iirc) he was still telepathically linked around the world. If all his attention and energy is focused on Hulk, he should be able to win this fight.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 08:47 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Existere
Cable was thinking and acting fast enough to ready for Surfer's attack that was coming to his island from orbit. He then fended off Surfer while holding up Providence and actively repairing all the damage to the surroundings from their fight. He had also been performing his jesus-like miracles for weeks on end, even while sleeping, and wasn't entering the fight fresh like he is this one.

Given the speed and complicated nature with which he was performing tasks while fending off Surfer's assault, I think it's well within the character's limits to take some strikes from the Hulk while maintaining his own attacks.

He also never used offensive telepathy in his match against Surfer, though (iirc) he was still telepathically linked around the world. If all his attention and energy is focused on Hulk, he should be able to win this fight.

If? I read I lot of ifs in your post Ex. Are you talking about potential here? Or what was seen on panel? Because you really have to check out the Hulk's potential. It's so great that the Hulk had to be separated on this forum, for fear of the World Breaker coming out. Just something to think about. The Hulk at full potential would have beat the hell out of Surfer as well. Using Norrin as a benchmark doesn't really impress me, nor should it impress anyone after seeing what the Hulk was capable of.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 09:04 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Well he was on the defensive against Zom when those holes were being hit through him, it's very possible that something could keep him down if they kept up. Especially as blowing him up (which is the argument being used) is much more extensive then holes in his stomach or blades through his arms.

Depending on who's doing it, I agree, it could cause some damage, but this has to be at a high level...remember, they discovered his insides are just as durable as his outsiders, and the guy withstood a bomb that ripped a planet in half.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 09:05 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Zom Strange was punching holes in him

Meh, always looked like Zom just phasing through him to me, but whatever.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 09:21 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Nah, definitely blew holes in him:

http://static.comicvine.com/api/ima...vs_strange2.jpg

Still, it's Cable's fight to lose.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 09:26 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

I want to say Cable because it's the intelligent answer and in a perfect world a telepath/telekenetic should always defeat a bruiser of equal strength but i feel that Hulk would take the maj in this one

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 09:43 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by DarkSaint85

How is it Cable's fight to lose?

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 09:46 PM
cdtm

Originally posted by Existere

One detail: Cable wasn't fixing the damage in their fight alone. He used the word "we" in reference to it.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 09:54 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by DarkSaint85

Could've just "ghosted" through him, causing extreme pain and some damage.

Romita's art is to blame.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 09:58 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Could've just "ghosted" through him, causing extreme pain and some damage.

Romita's art is to blame.

Not sure if you're being half serious or not, but if Andrea Devito handled the entire WW Hulk art direction, all of the arguments based on the Hulk's condition in terms of aesthetics, wouldn't have so many people leaning on those scenes as some proof that he was physically weak. Imagine if they used Romita to express the kind of damage that Black Bolt's voice was doing to Thanos' face?

Last edited by Stoic on Apr 15th, 2014 at 10:17 PM

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 10:11 PM