KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » the Battlezone! Round 1 Match 1: Darth Traya vs. Obi Wan Kenobi (ROTS)

the Battlezone! Round 1 Match 1: Darth Traya vs. Obi Wan Kenobi (ROTS)
Started by: XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

the Battlezone! Round 1 Match 1: Darth Traya vs. Obi Wan Kenobi (ROTS)

We'll kick off the tournament with an interesting matchup: Darth Traya and Obi Wan Kenobi.

Darth Traya

Darth Traya was a jedi master-turned sith lord during the Old Republic Era, instructing Revan in the ways of the force until he decided to lead the attack on the mandalorians. Revan's downfall caused the jedi council to exile her, and she wandered the galaxy. Darth Traya then came to Malachor V to learn the ways of the sith, and here she trained Darth Sion and Darth Nihilus in the ways of Pain and Hunger, respectively. Traya herself learned the ways of betrayal, and learn she did.

When Sion and Nihilus felt they had enough of Traya, they betrayed her, stripped her of her force connection and broke her. Traya was now cast from the sith and the jedi, and in this dilemma she stumbled upon the famous Jedi Exile, Meetra Surik. Traya used this to her advantage, training Surik to one day be capable of destroying those who betrayed her, Sion and Nihilus. Eventually, Traya received what she wanted, her first true successful apprentice, and the deaths of those who hurt her. In the end, however, Traya was defeated by Meetra in battle, and was killed.

Obi Wan Kenobi

Obi Wan Kenobi was a human male jedi master during The Clone Wars, and was one of the most skilled and powerful jedi masters of his time. A wise master, he trained Anakin Skywalker in the ways of the force, molding him into a powerful jedi knight. Obi Wan and Anakin participated in many battles during the Clone Wars, and were each high tier jedi generals in the conflict. Together the two killed Count Dooku on the invisible hand, weakening the Separatists immensely. In fact, it was Obi Wan who was instructed to deal the crippling blow, defeating General Grevious on Utapau.

However, after this there was more turmoil instead of justice. The Sith Lord Darth Sidious revealed himself, Mace Windu was slain, and Anakin had pledged himself to Sidious's tutelage. Obi Wan was betrayed by his own clones through order 66, forcing him to rendezvous with Yoda. After they slew a force of clones in the jedi temple, yoda decided that Obi Wan should face Anakin, while Yoda faced the Emperor. Obi Wan was forced into an epic duel with his apprentice on Mustafar, and ultimately defeated the newly christened Lord Vader due a crucial tactical mistake on Vader's part. Ultimately, Kenobi witnessed the birth of Padme's children, delivered Luke to a family on Tatooine, and lived there in exile.

Terrain

The terrain is an open desert wasteland, with rocks and stones on the landscape.

So, who wins? Note that your argument will be completely and utterly ignored if you post a simple one sentence response, unless you are contesting a single point from someone else.

NOTE: TRAYA HAS NO GIGA DRAIN ON HER SIDE IN ANY BATTLES IN THE BATTLEZONE.

Last edited by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ on Apr 15th, 2014 at 11:50 PM

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 11:44 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

It should be noted TCSWE states Darth Traya was more powerful then the Exile, but lost in combat, which is further seen in KOTORTSL Prima Guide where it states Traya has a poor defense, but is a powerhouse the force. That being said, she giga-drains Kenobi before he can really do anything.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 11:46 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

read my edit.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Last edited by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ on Apr 15th, 2014 at 11:50 PM

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 11:47 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Traya has an obvious advantage with the Force. Considering how easily Dooku or even Maul could dismiss Kenobi with TK, I'd say he's certainly vulnerable to her in that respect.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 11:54 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Question to Forum: When Traya mass murdered those Sith Assassins in like 3 seconds, was that via giga drain or choke?

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 11:55 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I'm honestly open to this one. Traya's TK sent council members flying, and her use of shatterpoint could open up Kenobi for a killing blow. Her force abilities are on par if not superior to his, though his TK feats as noted by Sasuke are perhaps a bit more impressive. Kenobi is easily the better duelist, but Traya's force abilities might be his end.

I don't know I'll wait till I read more posts. Kinda leaning towards Traya, as Kenobi has been virtually fubared by every darksider he's ever fought ragdolled, choked, hit by a force wave his defense against force attacks is virtually nonexistent.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 11:58 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Traya gigadrains anyways, because spite sucks.

Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Question to Forum: When Traya mass murdered those Sith Assassins in like 3 seconds, was that via giga drain or choke?

I don't think it was drain. There wasn't a noise or anything, they just.... fell over dead.

Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Re: the Battlezone! Round 1 Match 1: Darth Traya vs. Obi Wan Kenobi (ROTS)

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

NOTE: TRAYA HAS NO GIGA DRAIN ON HER SIDE IN ANY BATTLES IN THE BATTLEZONE.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2014 11:59 PM
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Originally posted by Stealth Moose

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 12:02 AM
Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

It would be spite to let her gigadrain, bro. This is a very close match without it.

I think I see Traya winning though. She can hold him off with her levitated lightsabers while she works up for a Force Pwn. Kenobi's defensive nature won't help him here imo.

That said, if he can engage her in up close she's pretty ****ed.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 12:05 AM
ares834

Originally posted by Stealth Moose

Nah, Kenobi blitzes with his mach 12000+ speed.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 12:05 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Who cares about his speed, hes never been depicting blitzing another one of his fights just stalemating them and or fighting them inconclusively.

If someone can post some of Traya's feats with TK, I can be persuaded to vote for her.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 12:09 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

typing up a semi-long response right now

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 12:11 AM
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Darth Traya scathes a victory here. I think that with four sabers Traya can hold Kenobi off long enough to secure a TK victory. Especially with the rocky terrain.

The North Remembers

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 12:11 AM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Yeah, terrain is another factor.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 12:12 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

What are Traya's feats with TK?

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 12:12 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

here's my analysis:

Lightsaber Ability

Darth Traya was a skilled lightsaber duelist, having knowledge of Shi Cho, Makashi, and Soresu, as well as being able to telekenetically use three lightsabers at once. Unfortunately, there is not much else known about Traya's capabilities with a lightsaber.

Obi Wan was a master lightsaber duelist, and the premier Soresu duelist of the era. he has stalemated/defeated many foes, including Asajj Ventress, General Grevious, Darth Maul, and Anakin Skywalker.

Conclusion: While Darth Traya is a capable duelist, and her trio of sabers would be difficult to fend off, kenobi has the edge here.

Force Ability

Darth Traya was a master of the force and a variety of abilities. She was capable of telekenetically manhandling 3 jedi council members, choking out Master Zez Kai El, choked out Darth Sion (if you count restored content as canon), stomped a bunch of Sith Assassins. Her powers include: TK, lightning, TP, Concealment, mind tricks, beast control, and possibly shatterpoint (which she calls "fractures").

Obi Wan is a skilled user of TK, being able to move durge's ship, stalemate Anakin in a force push battle, ripping down slabs of durasteel, etc. He was also capable with mind tricks.

Conclusion: While Kenobi's TK is serviceable, his force defenses would not be enough to defend against traya.

Physicality

Darth Traya is an old, withered woman, presumably in her 60's-70's, although she is still perfectly capable in combat.

Kenobi is a jedi in his prime, around his early 30's. He's shown the ability to fight evenly with the physicality of Darth Maul, and hold off Anakin Skywalker's strength in Djem So.

Conclusion: Kenobi has the clear edge here.

Tactical Aptitude

Darth Traya is a very wise woman, using the force in effective ways to defeat her enemies, although she has never participated in a major battle.

Obi Wan is very smart tactically, being involved in many battles, and has fought a wide variety of force users. He has defeated opponents on occasion with his wits and tactical ability.

Conclusion: Traya is certainly quite a bit wiser than Kenobi, but Kenobi has more combat experience. I say he gets the edge here.

Edge: I'd say Traya wins because of her very sizeable superiority in the force. However use of the environment on Kenobi's part would make her job more difficult.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 12:21 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Darth Traya is an old, withered woman, presumably in her 60's-70's, although she is still perfectly capable in combat.

True, she did beat the piss out of Atton, lol.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 12:31 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

and if we count restored content, she dodges multiple blade attacks from the handmaiden on Malachor.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 12:34 AM