KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » the Battlezone! Round 1 Match 1: Darth Traya vs. Obi Wan Kenobi (ROTS)

the Battlezone! Round 1 Match 1: Darth Traya vs. Obi Wan Kenobi (ROTS)
Started by: XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Astor Ebligis
Restricted

Account Restricted

Kenobi would seem to clearly have the edge in sabers. He clearly primarily used his saber in combat, has a number of great feats and accolades to his skill, and Traya was herself clearly more of a Force practitioner, and we have little reason to believe that she was notably good with a lightsaber at all.

That being said, Obi-Wan has to close the distance to be able to engage Traya in a saber match. Traya meanwhile can attack Obi-Wan with the Force at any range, and given Obi-Wan's defensive nature, is unlikely to "press" Traya in a lightsaber battle and keep her from using the Force against him if he manages to close the distance, when that would otherwise be a viable strategy.

So I believe the question is whether Traya can decisively win this contest through the use of the Force and not allow Kenobi to turn this into a lightsaber battle.

Which I will get to later after seeing a few more posts.

1. quanchi112
2-9. Various posters
10. Nai

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 12:40 AM
Click here to Send Astor Ebligis a Private Message Find more posts by Astor Ebligis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astor Ebligis
Restricted

Account Restricted

Question: do we count cut content? It's your call TS.

1. quanchi112
2-9. Various posters
10. Nai

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 12:40 AM
Click here to Send Astor Ebligis a Private Message Find more posts by Astor Ebligis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

I would probably be fine with that, yes. I'm pretty sure the reason that stuff was cut anyways was because of how little time the developers had to make it.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 12:42 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Count me for Traya.

See ya later Kenobi

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 12:42 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Yeah I just wanna wait and see if anyone provides an argument for kenobi before i choose the winner.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 12:43 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astor Ebligis
Restricted

Account Restricted

So here we have Traya casually owning about 7 Sith Assassins and then completely dominating Sion with a Force choke. Owning that number of Force Users with such ease is something rarely seen, and Sion was an extraodrinarily powerful Sith Lord - some will try to argue that he wasn't and that his ability (which was completely unprecedented) was a fluke and that he was a one trick pony, but the truth is that rarely is a Force User so fantastic at one thing and then lousy at everything else, and while possible the likelihood is that the unprecedented ability required a high level of ability, that would be transferable to other Force abilities.

1. quanchi112
2-9. Various posters
10. Nai

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 01:17 AM
Astor Ebligis
Restricted

Account Restricted

Could somebody find the cut content version of the video where she owns th Jedi Masters?

1. quanchi112
2-9. Various posters
10. Nai

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 01:17 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 01:19 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astor Ebligis
Restricted

Account Restricted

But anyway, Traya has among the finest demonstrations of owning Force users there are; she's casually ownede large numbers of them, she's dominated supremely powerful Force users, and she's dominated multiple council members at the same time. As Nephthys said, both Savage and Dooku didn't have too many problems with overpowering Obi-Wan with the Force , and as far as what they have all demonstrated, Traya has by far the best feats when it comes to owning Force users (Likewise, Kenobi has shown little aptitude with the Force compared to someone like Sion, who was unable to defend against Traya), and the chances are that she'll be able to do the same to Kenobi.

edit - that's not it i dont think

1. quanchi112
2-9. Various posters
10. Nai

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 01:21 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Astor Ebligis
edit - that's not it i dont think [/B]

That's it, according to the videos description.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 01:24 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Kenobi loses, next thread PLOX!

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 01:25 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

k

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 01:26 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Thats definitely cut content.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 01:42 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astor Ebligis
Restricted

Account Restricted

Where's the video where she ragdolls them with TK as well?

1. quanchi112
2-9. Various posters
10. Nai

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 01:47 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

the one ur taking about is a modded video. Like, Vash is in it and everything.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 01:47 AM
red8

Doesn't Traya also solo the entire party (except for the Exile) near the end of the game?

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 03:18 AM
Click here to Send red8 a Private Message Find more posts by red8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by red8
Doesn't Traya also solo the entire party (except for the Exile) near the end of the game?

In cut content, yes.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 10:55 AM
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by Astor Ebligis
But anyway, Traya has among the finest demonstrations of owning Force users there are; she's casually ownede large numbers of them, she's dominated supremely powerful Force users, and she's dominated multiple council members at the same time. As Nephthys said, both Savage and Dooku didn't have too many problems with overpowering Obi-Wan with the Force , and as far as what they have all demonstrated, Traya has by far the best feats when it comes to owning Force users (Likewise, Kenobi has shown little aptitude with the Force compared to someone like Sion, who was unable to defend against Traya), and the chances are that she'll be able to do the same to Kenobi.

edit - that's not it i dont think

dominates supremely powerful Force users? Which ones?

---

Traya should take this contest.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 07:16 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

He's talking about Sion.

Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astor Ebligis
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sion.

1. quanchi112
2-9. Various posters
10. Nai