KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » the Battlezone! Round 1 Match 1: Darth Traya vs. Obi Wan Kenobi (ROTS)

the Battlezone! Round 1 Match 1: Darth Traya vs. Obi Wan Kenobi (ROTS)
Started by: XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Meh. Sion's not better then Scourge.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 07:26 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Truth.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 07:27 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Except being able to simply choke him out suggests her to be extremely powerful

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 08:22 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Sion isn't a supremely powerful Force-user. He is not even acknowledged as a powerful Force-user in canon.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 09:03 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

The fact that he's able to keep himself together with just the force shows that he's pretty powerful.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 09:07 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

He's ok. He still got stomped by the Exile.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 09:08 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

quote: (post)
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The fact that he's able to keep himself together with just the force shows that he's pretty powerful.

Sion is not a powerful Force-user in canon context. His offensive capabilities are rather open to scrutiny.

Sion is noted to have supernatural vitality because of his reasonable command of immortality talents, he isn't easy to kill since he subconsciously prevents his bodily disintegration with his command of the dark side.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Apr 16th, 2014 at 09:15 PM

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 09:09 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Originally posted by Nephthys
He's ok. He still got stomped by the Exile.

Yeah. But that was uber TSL Meetra. I still agree that he's not what I'd consider a supremely powerful force user.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 09:12 PM
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Yeah. But that was uber TSL Meetra. I still agree that he's not what I'd consider a supremely powerful force user.

We have to put things in context. Their is no such thing as a uber TSL Meetra.

Meetra is canonically acknowledged as a powerful Jedi. She was possibly better then Sion but it is also known that the latter had soft corner for the former and willingly gave-up during the duel (or) the former convinced the latter to give-up with decent Dun Moch talent and proving impossible to overcome for the latter. Truth come be somewhere in the middle.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Apr 16th, 2014 at 09:23 PM

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 09:17 PM
Astor Ebligis
Restricted

Account Restricted

I just don't see why people see a supremely powerful Force Feat and don't immediately think supremely powerful Force User. I acknowledge that it's possible that he was simply only good at one ability, but how often do we see that in Star Wars, and why would you think of that as the more probable scenario? The feat speaks for characteristics, that would likely revolve around willpower, strength in the Force, and a specific knowledge/technique, but it makes perfect sense that it was through core abilities that truly stand out, that he was able to achieve something so unprecedented.

I submit that his lack of other feats is primarily due to his screen time in the game, and the primary exposure being on his status as this immortal Sith Lord.

If you saw someone and their only feat was blowing up a planet with lightningl, would you assume that they were a one trick pony that was only good with lightning, or that they were in general extremely powerful?

1. quanchi112
2-9. Various posters
10. Nai

Last edited by Astor Ebligis on Apr 16th, 2014 at 10:20 PM

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 10:06 PM
Click here to Send Astor Ebligis a Private Message Find more posts by Astor Ebligis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Theres a kid with brain-damage in Swtor who can cloak entire fleets with the Force, but thats all he can do. Sometimes people just have special talents.

I'm not too sure that applies to Sion though. Holding himself together with the Force isn't THAT impressive imo. Not supremely so.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 10:10 PM
Astor Ebligis
Restricted

Account Restricted

That isn't all that he does bro.

1. quanchi112
2-9. Various posters
10. Nai

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 10:12 PM
Click here to Send Astor Ebligis a Private Message Find more posts by Astor Ebligis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Its still not that great, bro.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 10:13 PM
Astor Ebligis
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's something numerous people tried and never managed to succeed at, derp.

1. quanchi112
2-9. Various posters
10. Nai

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 10:15 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Other than Simus, you mean.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 10:16 PM
Astor Ebligis
Restricted

Account Restricted

Simus's ability wasn't infallible. He ended up getting killed by blaster fire. Plus his was a product of Sith technology/alchemy. Clearly he was able to prolong his life in such a state, but he couldn't cheat death entirely as Sion could.

1. quanchi112
2-9. Various posters
10. Nai

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 10:18 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Ok, I'm still not seeing how its some amazing feat of incredible force power. I checked and the Kotor campaign guide does make it seem like its just something that he's innately talented at, like Cognus blunting the Force or that Goonies kid cloaking fleets.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 10:24 PM
Astor Ebligis
Restricted

Account Restricted

Bantha got your tail? big grin [SPOILER - highlight to read]: admit defeat brother broseph. you have been bested

1. quanchi112
2-9. Various posters
10. Nai

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 10:24 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Are you Neb or what? I can't tell.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 10:27 PM
Astor Ebligis
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not sure what you mean by that. Is Neb a name or an adjective?

1. quanchi112
2-9. Various posters
10. Nai

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 10:30 PM