KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » the Battlezone! Round 1 Match 1: Darth Traya vs. Obi Wan Kenobi (ROTS)

the Battlezone! Round 1 Match 1: Darth Traya vs. Obi Wan Kenobi (ROTS)
Started by: XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Emperordmb
LSDMB

I'm sorry, Sion seems to be kinda a one-trick pony. He can hold himself together through the force yes, but I haven't see anything else from him that impresses me.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 10:36 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Its short for Nebaris. Which is who I thought you were. Or that other guy whose name I can't remember, who trolled Peach about Guild Wars or something.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 10:36 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834
Nah, Kenobi blitzes with his mach 12000+ speed.
God damn it.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 11:17 PM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astor Ebligis
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
Ok, I'm still not seeing how its some amazing feat of incredible force power. I checked and the Kotor campaign guide does make it seem like its just something that he's innately talented at, like Cognus blunting the Force or that Goonies kid cloaking fleets.

There are far more cases where the people who are notable for a particular ability are in general extremely powerful. Nihilus from the same game is notable for his drain, Traya for her vision, and yet both are in general extremely powerful Sith Lords (Nihilus's TK feats, Traya owning Force Users left right and centre). Bastilla from the first game was notably talented in BM, but again, was simply a very powerful Force User. Mace Windu is notable for his Shatterpoint ability, and yet is still an all around powerful Force User. There are examples like this throughout the mythos, and the reasoning behind it I would imagine, is that it's usually not just enough to have an aptitude for an ability to become extremely powerful at it, it usually requires both that specific aptitude, and the great power/skill that the technique demands to perform at that level.

Cases where someone is literally only competent at one thing, but extremely competent at it, are not the norm.

I can't think of a finer Force User who's ever been dominated like that.

1. quanchi112
2-9. Various posters
10. Nai

Old Post Apr 18th, 2014 07:42 PM
Click here to Send Astor Ebligis a Private Message Find more posts by Astor Ebligis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Thanaton. wink

No-ones saying he's not powerful but thats it. Just that doesn't mean he's amazing or anything. Also Darth Nox fights a guy, Lord Paladius, who completely drains her of the Force with his mere presence. Its seems to be a unique talent of his just like Sions ability.

Nox still defeats him without the Force though. So either Nox is just that good, or the man wasn't some Force diety.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2014 02:30 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote