KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Caedus vs Hero of Tython

Darth Caedus vs Hero of Tython
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

quote: (post)
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Sidious's position is in respect to one specific Order.

Sith Emperor is a Sith only in label/pretention, he is a dark side practitioner who doesn't cares about Sith ideals.

TOR sources rank Sith Emperor on a grand scale and not just one specific order:-

"The Sith Emperor, history's most powerful dark side master, performed a ritual of incredible scope to consume the life energy of every being on his homeworld."

"The Sith Emperor is the most powerful Force-user who has ever existed. Unless this implacable enemy can be defeated, the Jedi Order is doomed."

"The Sith Emperor has mastered the dark side's power to become the most dominating Force-user the galaxy has ever seen."

Red from SWTOR(E) and blue from SWTOR(G).

All of these only refer to up to that time period. Try again.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Apr 18th, 2014 11:40 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Let's see how Caedus's force powers would affect HoT:

shatterpoint: has never used this in combat I don't believe

lightning: his in particular isn't very good

TK: his biggest "advantage", yet the Hero wasn't overwhelmed by Vitiate's TK, which is probably just as impressive.

Fighting Sight: Having powerful precog is great, but Revan's was seemingly far more powerful, and look where it got him. The Precog would be mostly useful in a saber duel, but the Hero has defeated numerous opponents with his saber ability, and is said to have legendary martial skills. Hell, as a trainee on Tython, he's already stated to be an expert swordsman. Add this in with the fact that his skill would increase even more exponentially due to the fact that he'd be facing actual enemies and gaining combat experience instead of practice training, and you get an unstoppable God of invincible lightsaber prowess thumb up

kinda wanked out at the end there. #yolo

/thread.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Apr 18th, 2014 11:55 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
All of these only refer to up to that time period. Try again.

You have a brain, right? Use it.

The Son, Soa: The Infernal One, The Father, The Daughter and Abeloth predate even Sith Emperor.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2014 12:15 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

You have a brain, right? Use it.

[b](please log in to view the image)

quote:
The Father, The Daughter and Abeloth predate even Sith Emperor.

I seriously doubt they are including the Mortis family, and for you to think they do is embarrassing.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Apr 19th, 2014 12:24 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
A Terrible Rod

I seriously doubt they are including the Mortis family, and for you to think they do is embarrassing.

No, wait, I got this.

Their is no rocket science about what Force-user term means. It covers all Force-users irrespective of alliances and conditions.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2014 12:28 AM
Click here to Send A Terrible Rod a Private Message Find more posts by A Terrible Rod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Q1: Are you one of the authors of SWTOR(E)?

Q2: The Ones are Force-users, right?

Old Post Apr 19th, 2014 12:31 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Q1: Perhaps.
Q2: Yes. That doesn't mean it applies to them, they are more "the Force itself" then mere "force-users"

Old Post Apr 19th, 2014 12:39 AM
S_W_LeGenD

Q1: Perhaps.

No.

The authors are:-

- Ian Ryan
- Charles Boyd
- Hall Hood
- Joanna Berry
- Zach Bush
- James B. Jones

Q2: Yes. That doesn't mean it applies to them, they are more "the Force itself" then mere "force-users"

Here:

"In the mysterious realm of Mortis there exists a trio of beings able to wield the Force in ways no known mortals of the galaxy can."

"The Daughter of Mortis is a Force-wielder who aligns herself with the light side of the Force."

"The Son was an embodiment of the dark side of the Force who dwelled on Mortis during the Clone Wars with his sister, the light-sider known as Daughter, and the powerful Force user known as Father, who tried to keep them in balance."

Old Post Apr 19th, 2014 12:48 AM
A Terrible Rod

Okay. Once more.

1. The Ones are Force-users. Yes. Thank you for repeatedly saying that. No one is arguing it, though.

2. When someone uses the term Force-user, however, they typically aren't referring to them. They're apolitical and irrelevant to most discussions, because there's little to say about them. It's mostly just shorthand. We do that. It's a thing.

3. The encyclopedia probably wasn't referring to them either. It probably didn't even know about them. Unless you can prove it was (and it did), your insistence is worth as much as anyone else's claims to the contrary. And repeatedly stating that the Ones are Force-users isn't that, so stop doing that.

4. A tiny bit of logic. If Vitiate were of the caliber of the Ones, how on Earth would he end up losing? The Ones are effectively disparate Force philosophies given physical form. While judging them by their mastery of the Force is completely missing the point, it stands to reason that they're rather incomparable. When the HoT fought Vitiate, there wasn't some fancy Force philosophy going on there, no 'chosen one' born of the Force, or whatever. It was a lightsaber to the gut.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2014 01:04 AM
Click here to Send A Terrible Rod a Private Message Find more posts by A Terrible Rod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Let's see how Caedus's force powers would affect HoT:

shatterpoint: has never used this in combat I don't believe

lightning: his in particular isn't very good

TK: his biggest "advantage", yet the Hero wasn't overwhelmed by Vitiate's TK, which is probably just as impressive.

Fighting Sight: Having powerful precog is great, but Revan's was seemingly far more powerful, and look where it got him. The Precog would be mostly useful in a saber duel, but the Hero has defeated numerous opponents with his saber ability, and is said to have legendary martial skills. Hell, as a trainee on Tython, he's already stated to be an expert swordsman. Add this in with the fact that his skill would increase even more exponentially due to the fact that he'd be facing actual enemies and gaining combat experience instead of practice training, and you get an unstoppable God of invincible lightsaber prowess thumb up

kinda wanked out at the end there. #yolo

/thread.

thumb up thumb up thumb up

Old Post Apr 19th, 2014 01:13 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by A Terrible Rod
Okay. Once more.

1. The Ones are Force-users. Yes. Thank you for repeatedly saying that. No one is arguing it, though.

2. When someone uses the term Force-user, however, they typically aren't referring to them. They're apolitical and irrelevant to most discussions, because there's little to say about them. It's mostly just shorthand. We do that. It's a thing.

3. The encyclopedia probably wasn't referring to them either. It probably didn't even know about them. Unless you can prove it was (and it did), your insistence is worth as much as anyone else's claims to the contrary. And repeatedly stating that the Ones are Force-users isn't that, so stop doing that.

4. A tiny bit of logic. If Vitiate were of the caliber of the Ones, how on Earth would he end up losing? The Ones are effectively disparate Force philosophies given physical form. While judging them by their mastery of the Force is completely missing the point, it stands to reason that they're rather incomparable. When the HoT fought Vitiate, there wasn't some fancy Force philosophy going on there, no 'chosen one' born of the Force, or whatever. It was a lightsaber to the gut.

1. Good

2. The term Force-user is generic, it can be used to represent any kind of Force-user (mortal or not). Examples provided by me already.

3. Statements (representing accolades of Sith Emperor) in Encyclopedia are precise and clear, no ifs and buts in them.

4. How Abeloth lost? Something happened right?

Most powerful Force-users aren't unstoppable, incredibly difficult to defeat though. The Jedi Order attempted to assassinate/eliminate Sith Emperor for a long long time; only one attempt proved to be successful, thanks to favorable circumstances during this time (keeping in view known data).

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Apr 19th, 2014 at 01:22 AM

Old Post Apr 19th, 2014 01:15 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Any rebuttals to my response to the actual topic?

Old Post Apr 19th, 2014 01:38 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

^^^

Your response is very well done, IMO.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2014 01:42 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

The HoT is probably one of the top 4 saber duelists in star wars.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2014 01:51 AM
A Terrible Rod

2-3. Stuff.

4. How Abeloth lost? Something happened right?

2-3. I've made my points, and you've again failed to refute them. Disagree if you will, but they stand and I certainly hope that, should someone else read this thread, they'll see the point there. I'm not repeating myself again.

4. Abeloth wasn't a Force wielder (which seems to be the name of their species). She just did things to become what she was. And she was ultimately defeated. It took an awful lot of effort, from some very powerful Force-users, and it wasn't in a straight 1v1 fight (indeed, there was an awful lot going on there). She'd be a more valid point of comparison, if you wanted to put Vitiate on that level (which is nonsense of course, but you're entitled to that).

Re: Being on-topic, defeating Vitiate is HoT's most notable feat. How powerful Vitiate is is just a tiny bit important to that. If Vitiate was some kind of a Force god, then yeah, Caedus probably gets stomped. Otherwise, there's actual room for debate.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2014 01:51 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

I mean, I just don't see how Caedus's force abilities would overwhelm the Hero in any way. And the hero has superior lightsaber prowess imo.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2014 01:52 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I feel like I should throw out my Hero of Tython Respect Thread to contribute to the thread. Just as a formality.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2014 01:59 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

His strength is inconceivable, really. he's literally stated as one of the most powerful jedi in the order right after Tython. His power progression after that would continue to grow quickly as he gains more combat experience from fighting more powerful sith lords, and then of course is his natural progression in force power. And something you have to consider is that his battle against the Emperor wouldn't really be a saber duel, but a battle of the force (until of course the Hero cuts him down). So the Hero is definitely an immensely powerful force wielder as well as a legendary duelist.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2014 02:08 AM
King Joker
Restricted

Account Restricted

Is HoT male or female?!

Old Post Apr 19th, 2014 02:10 AM
Click here to Send King Joker a Private Message Find more posts by King Joker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

I consider the HoT a male.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2014 02:10 AM