KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Top 10 Most Powerful Sith

Top 10 Most Powerful Sith
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (29): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I don't believe blurbs count as canonical.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2014 07:09 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Intrepid37
Restricted

Account Restricted

DMB, last I checked, holds Bane above Plagueis, well aware of Plagueis receiving the exact same accolade at the back of his book. He chooses to accept it as fact when it's Bane, but when it's Plagueis, it's irrelevant.

Double standard confirmed.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2014 07:13 PM
Click here to Send Intrepid37 a Private Message Find more posts by Intrepid37 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Whenever I post anything Bane related, and I see your name in the new posts section, I think "oh ****! Not this shit again!"

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Apr 20th, 2014 07:27 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Intrepid37
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Whenever I post anything Bane related, and I see your name in the new posts section, I think "oh ****! Not this shit again!"

I like how you didn't deny your double standars in favor of Bane.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2014 07:28 PM
Click here to Send Intrepid37 a Private Message Find more posts by Intrepid37 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Because I'm a little pressed for time at the moment (about to embark on a 5 hour car trip home), and debating with you is tedious.

I'd be more than happy to give a better response once I'm at home at my computer.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!

Old Post Apr 20th, 2014 07:33 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Intrepid37
Restricted

Account Restricted

Because I'm a little pressed for time at the moment (about to embark on a 5 hour car trip home), and debating with you is tedious.

I'd be more than happy to give a better response once I'm at home at my computer.

Just concede the double standard, bro; accolades that appears on covers remain canon only when regarding Bane or anyone the like, not when it's Plagueis.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2014 07:37 PM
PTforthewin
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Intrepid37
DMB, last I checked, holds Bane above Plagueis, well aware of Plagueis receiving the exact same accolade at the back of his book. He chooses to accept it as fact when it's Bane, but when it's Plagueis, it's irrelevant.

Double standard confirmed.
bane is weak in the force he just used holocrons, nexus's, etc, to power himself up

Old Post Apr 20th, 2014 09:56 PM
Click here to Send PTforthewin a Private Message Find more posts by PTforthewin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
A Terrible Rod

For what it's worth, being the most powerful master of the Dark Side in a period when there are only two of them isn't the most impressive accolade out there.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2014 10:36 PM
Click here to Send A Terrible Rod a Private Message Find more posts by A Terrible Rod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by Nephthys
I don't believe blurbs count as canonical.

Are they not confirmed canonical?

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Apr 20th, 2014 10:52 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I don't think so. And I also don't think they're actually written by anyone who can write that stuff. I know some blurbs have been flat out dumb, like saying Thrawn is more dangerous than Palpatine and shit.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2014 11:10 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Provide me a quote saying they are non-canon, because novels are canon and they are apart of the novel.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Apr 20th, 2014 11:18 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Originally posted by A Terrible Rod
For what it's worth, being the most powerful master of the Dark Side in a period when there are only two of them isn't the most impressive accolade out there.

Apparently, most people operate under the idea that the Force grows weaker with more Dark Side users or Rule of Conservation of Sith.

Originally posted by Nephthys
I don't think so. And I also don't think they're actually written by anyone who can write that stuff. I know some blurbs have been flat out dumb, like saying Thrawn is more dangerous than Palpatine and shit.

thumb up

Blurbs may be outsourced or done by the publishing company, and lack important context and surety. To use one as evidence in a debate would be careless.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2014 11:29 PM
Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I'll email Drew about it.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2014 11:30 PM
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Ask him to apologize for flanderizing Revan and Meetra while you're at it.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2014 11:38 PM
Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Already did on February 7th, 2014. He never replied. However he replied to the rest of my emails.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2014 11:41 PM
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

He might be busy added KMC members to his block list.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2014 12:00 AM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Just concede the double standard, bro; accolades that appears on covers remain canon only when regarding Bane or anyone the like, not when it's Plagueis.

Did I ever try to discredit Plagueis's accolade? No. I have actually cited it in debates before. And for the record, Plagueis is easily my second favorite Sith Lord.

Because more than one person has the most powerful Sith Lord accolade, it obviously can't be true for everyone and thus in some people's cases it would be sightly hyperbolic. However it does prove that someone who is a recipient of such a quote is among the most powerful of the Sith. To prove my point, everyone in my top five Sith (with the exception of Caedus as far as I am aware of). Sidious, Bane, Plagueis, and Vitiate all have this quote, and so they are all in my top five Sith.

I don't quite see why this is so hard for you to understand. Bane has an accolade, so I am going to put it in his respect thread. Plagueis has a similar accolade, but the fact that I didn't mention it does not mean I'm not counting it. It simply has no relevance to the Darth Bane respect thread I am working on.

I didn't mention Plagueis's quote, but I have never attempted to discredit Plagueis's quote in the past, and somehow you are trying to twist my words to make me look like an *******.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2014 12:11 AM
Intrepid37
Restricted

Account Restricted

Did I ever try to discredit Plagueis's accolade? No. I have actually cited it in debates before. And for the record, Plagueis is easily my second favorite Sith Lord.

Because more than one person has the most powerful Sith Lord accolade, it obviously can't be true for everyone and thus in some people's cases it would be sightly hyperbolic. However it does prove that someone who is a recipient of such a quote is among the most powerful of the Sith. To prove my point, everyone in my top five Sith (with the exception of Caedus as far as I am aware of). Sidious, Bane, Plagueis, and Vitiate all have this quote, and so they are all in my top five Sith.

I don't quite see why this is so hard for you to understand. Bane has an accolade, so I am going to put it in his respect thread. Plagueis has a similar accolade, but the fact that I didn't mention it does not mean I'm not counting it. It simply has no relevance to the Darth Bane respect thread I am working on.

I didn't mention Plagueis's quote, but I have never attempted to discredit Plagueis's quote in the past, and somehow you are trying to twist my words to make me look like an *******.

Clearly you have been ignoring Plagueis' accolade, but you get erect as soon as Bane's turns up.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2014 06:22 AM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Clearly you have been ignoring Plagueis' accolade, but you get erect as soon as Bane's turns up.

How hard is this for you to understand? No I am not ignoring Plagueis's accolade, and I have mentioned the fact that I've used it in debates before. I also mentioned that Bane and Plagueis, along with Vitiate and Sidious who have also received this accolade, are in my top five Sith. The only reason why I reacted to Bane's accolade is because I was not previously aware of it, and it had relevance to a thread I was working on.

I really don't see what your problem is.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2014 06:42 AM
Intrepid37
Restricted

Account Restricted

How hard is this for you to understand? No I am not ignoring Plagueis's accolade, and I have mentioned the fact that I've used it in debates before. I also mentioned that Bane and Plagueis, along with Vitiate and Sidious who have also received this accolade, are in my top five Sith. The only reason why I reacted to Bane's accolade is because I was not previously aware of it, and it had relevance to a thread I was working on.

I really don't see what your problem is.

Non canon accolades are irrelevant to a respect thread.

Unless, of course, you want to deceive the reader into believing Bane is more powerful than he actually is, which wouldn't be out of the question, considering your history.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2014 06:48 AM