KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » The Revan Respect Thread: Update Thread

The Revan Respect Thread: Update Thread
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (47): « First ... « 38 39 [40] 41 42 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Syndicate

It's still not done? Christ.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2016 03:00 AM
Click here to Send Syndicate a Private Message Find more posts by Syndicate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

God's work is never done.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2016 04:12 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Working on it now.

As of the early chapters of Betrayal, Solo's lightsaber prowess is still pretty weak (compared to what I expected), but I'm impressed by other areas of his arsenal.

He can move his hand fast enough to absorb a blaster shot fired from just a lightsaber-length away.

He can also summon Force Visions apparently at will, and uses them as would other individuals use Danger Sense.

He's also masterful in Shatterpoint, which I already knew due to his later feat against the Mandalorian armor, but still good to see it again.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Last edited by Jaggarath on Jun 30th, 2016 at 01:42 PM

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 01:34 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Also, the retcon of the Dark Man being Krayt and not Caedus is so utterly absurd story-wise.

Luke is feeling his presence in Jedi situation rooms that there is no possible way Krayt could have been in.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Last edited by Jaggarath on Jun 30th, 2016 at 01:51 PM

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 01:47 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Maybe Caedus was unknowingly a Child of the Kraytperor.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 05:18 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

A cool prophecy for Solo in Betrayal:

He will rename himself
He will ruin those who deny justice
He will choose the fate of the weak
He will immortalize his love
He will choose how he will be loved
He will win and break his chains
He will shed his skin and choose a new skin
He will strengthen himself through sacrifice
He will crawl through his cloak
He will know brotherhood
He will make a pet
He will strengthen himself through pain
He will be drawn from peace into conflict

Old Post Jul 1st, 2016 08:53 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

What power is this?

Jacen accepted the information with a simple nod. "It means something like 'He will be drawn from peace into conflict,' or maybe 'His life will be balanced between peace and conflict.' "

The scholar gave him a curious look. "How do you know?"

"Believe it or not, I just feel it. The tassel's meaning is imbued within it in a fashion that only a Force-wielder can read."

"I can't read it," Nelani said.

Jacen shrugged. "Maybe when you've broadened your range of Force-related learning a bit."

Old Post Jul 1st, 2016 09:16 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Force users have an intuitive understanding of languages. Or perhaps whatever they're reading was imbued with the force in some capacity. Perhaps some sort of clairvoyance. Something like how Luke sensed that Leia was his sister. :shrug:

I don't think its necessary to put that in a respect thread though, lol.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2016 09:40 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

"Because only you could read and understand one of the tassels. Only you could detect its significance. And so you'd demand to be the one who investigated it."

I think it's worth a mention. Lumiya said only Solo could read it. Perhaps that's explained later on though.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2016 09:42 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Sounds like some destiny shit, it was created to be read by him. The tassels were imbued with the force in such a way that they'd resonate with Jacens force signature and he could intuitively understand them, perhaps.

No-one is gonna use this feat for anything. Its useless. Muda muda muda!

Old Post Jul 1st, 2016 09:49 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Also, the retcon of the Dark Man being Krayt and not Caedus is so utterly absurd story-wise.

Luke is feeling his presence in Jedi situation rooms that there is no possible way Krayt could have been in.
The Jaden novel woulda touched on that I believe, perhaps the Clones created by the One Sith were imbued with some sort of ability that allowed Krayt to use their bodies?

I need to ask Kemp tbh

Old Post Jul 1st, 2016 09:57 PM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

That sounds awful.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2016 10:07 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Ant I need Jacen wank, I'm on hangouts.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Jul 1st, 2016 10:14 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
That sounds awful.

Kemps first novels were convoluted don't be surprised

Old Post Jul 1st, 2016 10:27 PM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Betrayal is finished.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2016 12:00 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

How far you in terms of sourcebooks/articles/campaign guides/etc.?

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2016 12:16 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by NewGuy01
How far you in terms of sourcebooks/articles/campaign guides/etc.?

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2016 12:23 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Darth Caedus Respect Thread Preview:

http://i.imgur.com/Na5YUII.png

1. http://i.imgur.com/RISqfOB.png

2. http://i.imgur.com/S7xNl2q.png

3. http://i.imgur.com/3TJ6Q6i.png

4. http://i.imgur.com/9NSb8jK.png

5. http://i.imgur.com/8EKTiz2.png

The .docx is where I store all the feats from the book.

And then here's two screens of how it looks within:

http://i.imgur.com/BjYdk2S.png (Traitor - 37 pages)

http://i.imgur.com/XmZPwgD.png (Betrayal - 27 pages)

Only the best feats will be included, but I'm recording them all.

Last edited by Jaggarath on Jul 2nd, 2016 at 12:36 AM

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2016 12:32 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Nice work, tbh. Estimated release date?

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2016 12:59 AM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Never.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2016 01:33 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote