KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » The Revan Respect Thread: Update Thread

The Revan Respect Thread: Update Thread
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (47): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NewGuy01
perpetual

quote:

Interesting idea. However why would that benefit it more then a link?

Because there's no reason to have it separate, and people are more likely to read on past the link without clicking it than to read a separate thread on a single section of Revan's abilities.

It's only logical, you have a section in your respect thread for Revan's dueling abilities--Why not just add the information in that link to that section instead?

Old Post May 28th, 2014 01:02 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Because I always viewed respect threads as a databank for feats and quotes, not a place to elaborate why they are important. The format of the dueling abilities thread is completely different from the respect thread, and I feel merging the two will result in nothing but frustration, one empty blog, and a messy respect thread. However, thank you for the suggestion.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post May 28th, 2014 01:06 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Update to fellow followers, I added a "Speed Capabilities" section. Check it out once you have the chance. smile
http://www.comicvine.com/profile/da...t-thread/95278/

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post May 28th, 2014 10:52 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PTforthewin
Restricted

Account Restricted

**** revan

"When will you fools learn, no one escapes from Commander Fox!"

Old Post May 28th, 2014 11:43 PM
Click here to Send PTforthewin a Private Message Find more posts by PTforthewin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Because I always viewed respect threads as a databank for feats and quotes, not a place to elaborate why they are important. The format of the dueling abilities thread is completely different from the respect thread, and I feel merging the two will result in nothing but frustration, one empty blog, and a messy respect thread. However, thank you for the suggestion.

You should at the very least add the part displaying the lightsaber forms we've seen Revan commonly using.

Old Post May 29th, 2014 12:15 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

As for the entire fight between Revan and Vitiate only taking place in a few seconds, reading the passage I think it was only referring to the lightning sequence at the end, but I suppose it could be interpreted both ways.

Old Post May 29th, 2014 12:21 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by NewGuy01
As for the entire fight between Revan and Vitiate only taking place in a few seconds, reading the passage I think it was only referring to the lightning sequence at the end, but I suppose it could be interpreted both ways.

I'll email Drew about it.
However the fact it said "it ALL happened" makes me believe it is referring to the whole thing.

Old Post May 29th, 2014 12:36 AM
Darth _Sadow1
Dark Lord of the Sith

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Revan: You could use your Battle Meditation to aid the Republic fleet.
Bastila: Yes, that would be for the best. You don't need me to defeat Malak anyway...I will stay here in this chamber and use my Battle Meditation to aid the Republic Fleet.

Notice how Bastila implies her Battle Meditation won't work on Revan against Malak, by the quote in bold, and by the "anyway". Note that if it wouldn't amp Revan against Malak, I doubt, including with the evidence above, it would aid the Sith and Droids against Revan.

Revan is my favorite Star Wars character and his game introduced me to the Expanded Universe, so he will always have a place in my heart. Revan and Vader are my two favorites and I am almost always on their side in a forum debate. Anything I can do to spread the word of the great Revanchrist?

Attachment: revanchrist.jpg
This has been downloaded 59 time(s).

Old Post Jun 1st, 2014 06:55 AM
Click here to Send Darth _Sadow1 a Private Message Find more posts by Darth _Sadow1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PTforthewin
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darth _Sadow1
Revan is my favorite Star Wars character and his game introduced me to the Expanded Universe, so he will always have a place in my heart. Revan and Vader are my two favorites and I am almost always on their side in a forum debate. Anything I can do to spread the word of the great Revanchrist?
you dare blaspheme the lord

Old Post Jun 1st, 2014 03:07 PM
Click here to Send PTforthewin a Private Message Find more posts by PTforthewin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth _Sadow1
Dark Lord of the Sith

Originally posted by PTforthewin
you dare blaspheme the lord

There is only one Lord: Lord Revan

Attachment: darth revan.jpg
This has been downloaded 52 time(s).

Old Post Jun 1st, 2014 11:17 PM
Click here to Send Darth _Sadow1 a Private Message Find more posts by Darth _Sadow1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

"Throughout this Jedi Civil War, Darth Revan was the central figure -- first as the enemy commander, but ultimately as the one who defeated Darth Malak and shattered the Sith forces."

"Darth Revan is a formidable piece, with several unique powers or abilities. In fact, compared with Darth Malak, Darth Revan is superior in every category except damage. "

"Force Storm may deter some from engaging the character in melee combat, but Force Corruption has the potential to damage an enemy [for a long time]..."

*Note that this "reflect[s] Darth Revan when he first returned from the Unknown Regions".*

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2014 12:54 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Two of those mention gameplay mechanics.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2014 01:45 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Force Storm and Force Corruption are canonical powers bro.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2014 01:49 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Sure, but the full quote is still talking about them in terms of gameplay, isn't it?

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2014 01:57 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2014 01:59 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Boom. Nailed it.

Last edited by Nephthys on Jun 2nd, 2014 at 02:04 AM

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2014 02:00 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Looking at it again, not necessarily.

The second quote re-ensures that Darth Revan (Pre-KotOR)>Darth Malak (Pre-KotOR).

The third quote, despite implying some game mechanics, still represents a fact I been trying to explain to everyone for a while now: Revan can overcome superior lightsaber combatants by keeping a distance via Force attacks.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2014 10:55 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

"Because a single terentatek was a match for an entire squad of Jedi, the extermination of terentateks was the Order's highest priority in 3993, three years after the end of the Sith War."
-Star Wars Jedi vs Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force

It is highly impressive Revan beat two of these guys at once ^

"Or that they would discover relics created by the pre-Republic Rakata civilization as well as numerous Sith artifacts, and use these in combination with their dark side powers to nearly crush the Republic?"
-Deesra Luur Jada (Star Wars Jedi vs Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force)

Last edited by Jaggarath on Jun 4th, 2014 at 07:49 PM

Old Post Jun 4th, 2014 07:46 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

thumb up

Nice. Also it makes the Swtor protags even more badass.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2014 07:58 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Especially the Wrath, since he solo'd Marka Ragnos's personal terentatek that he warped and enhanced nightly thumb up

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Jun 4th, 2014 08:06 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote