KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Resident Evil VII

Resident Evil VII
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
As we've seen from the last main games, a nice blend of both can rarely ever be done right. When push comes to shove, I say **** action entirely if that's what it takes to get RE back on its feet.
Agreed. While a blend of both is cool (as long as it leans HEAVILY towards horror), I'd take exclusive horror over exclusive action like RE5 or 6. This is a step in the right direction, since it's a blend of both but leaning towards horror. I'm getting what I always wanted from RE with the exception of first person.

PWNT

Old Post Jun 17th, 2016 09:27 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Smasandian
As I said before. I know RE7 has been confirmed to have gunplay.

My bad.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jun 17th, 2016 at 09:30 PM

Old Post Jun 17th, 2016 09:28 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It's cool.

Has it been confirmed that it follow the same storyline?

If they are going to do something completely different then they might as well start a story from fresh. I rather have that because I always find that the previous two RE's were bogged down trying to adhere to the convoluted storyline. Let's have something new.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2016 09:39 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Been reading the writer who did 'Spec OPs: The Line' and few other's is the game's main writer.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2016 07:24 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Holy f*ck lol. That was fcking gold.

PWNT

Old Post Jun 19th, 2016 01:44 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dynomaiteru

Originally posted by Smasandian
It's cool.

Has it been confirmed that it follow the same storyline?

If they are going to do something completely different then they might as well start a story from fresh. I rather have that because I always find that the previous two RE's were bogged down trying to adhere to the convoluted storyline. Let's have something new.

I think that it is indeed set in the main RE canon, but I think it's going to be another prequel, not after RE6, I might be wrong, but it looks like it's going to be like that so far.
Too bad, though, I wanted to see what happened after RE6, in fact, I was thinking that the next game after 6 would probably be the last one, or the next to last one.
Also, what's wrong if they try something different and still remain in the main canon?
To me, that's much more interesting since they give most games variety, as long as they focus on horror, I'm cool with that.
My only doubt to all this is that it will be in first-person, I'm not fond of that, but, we'll see when it comes out.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2016 02:26 AM
Dynomaiteru is currently offline Click here to Send Dynomaiteru a Private Message Find more posts by Dynomaiteru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

ALBERT WESKER IS ALIVE! YES!

(please log in to view the image)

PWNT

Old Post Jun 25th, 2016 03:21 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Upsetting how such a reveal is wasted in a game nobody wants to even touch but other than that, I am frikkin stoked!

Old Post Jun 25th, 2016 04:33 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Yeah agreed, this would have made me lose my mind as a reveal in RE7. I have no doubt he's behind the events of RE7 now, so thats something to be hyped about too

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Jun 25th, 2016 at 06:10 AM

Old Post Jun 25th, 2016 06:03 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jun 25th, 2016 at 06:35 AM

Old Post Jun 25th, 2016 06:30 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

With the Revelations games and such that didn't have QTE's, from what I remember, we've been doing just fine without them in the series for awhile, so that's good.

Yeah, however a Wesker reveal gets done, the impact of it will sadly be lessened due to it happening in a subpar spinoff instead of a main series title.

I've kinda been over Wesker for awhile though, so can't help but feel or wonder if I would've been more hyped for this happening a few years ago than I am now... If anything now, I'm just happy for D.C. Douglas.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2016 08:07 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
With the Revelations games and such that didn't have QTE's, from what I remember, we've been doing just fine without them in the series for awhile, so that's good.

Well considering how mainstream titles like 5 and 6 are so heavily reliant on QTEs, it makes me more glad 7 isn't following suit.

quote:
I've kinda been over Wesker for awhile though, so can't help but feel or wonder if I would've been more hyped for this happening a few years ago than I am now... If anything now, I'm just happy for D.C. Douglas.

I know you'd at least be happy to see the look on Chris' face. That look of despair. If he were to discover that all that work during the events of 5 had failed and Wesker's still alive, there won't be enough herbs in the world to heal that butthurt.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jun 25th, 2016 at 10:09 AM

Old Post Jun 25th, 2016 09:55 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Aug 18th, 2016 05:41 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Really not what I was hoping for, but if it's a good game, that's something at least.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 18th, 2016 05:57 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

There's still going to be combat plus herbs have been confirmed. Probably the way this will play out is only the main character has the option to fight the infected/psychos while people in the videotapes can only run and hide from them.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2016 07:19 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Even so, if it's first person all the way through, that's off-putting to me. Not gonna rag on anyone else for liking it, it's just not my thing.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 18th, 2016 08:08 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I'm in the same boat for Resident Evil, Not really liking the First Person view i'd prefer it they stick with the third person view.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2016 08:37 AM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

I hope RE2 Remake sells more. One can dream.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Aug 18th, 2016 02:25 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I just hope it sells well enough and is a faithful remake so we can eventually get RE3.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 18th, 2016 06:17 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Old Post Sep 16th, 2016 01:08 AM