KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Resident Evil VII

Resident Evil VII
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 17 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Seems someone has spoiled the ending, ****ing people these days.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2017 01:03 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

There's gonna be a free DLC chapter to download this spring.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/fr...i/1100-6447006/

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2017 01:30 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
Seems someone has spoiled the ending, ****ing people these days.
Yeah the game released early in the middle east and a ton of people have played it/watched twitch streams of it. I've completely avoided anything RE for the last week. Even this thread was kind of a risky click. I'll probably be gone from it after this until I finish

PWNT

Old Post Jan 18th, 2017 02:01 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Got two of those Resident Evil Funko pops, The Licker & Nemesis

also i got told the 6" ones aren't coming for a while, The Hunter one comes out next month.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2017 05:14 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Man, I cant wait for this. Got it preordered and preloaded.

PWNT

Old Post Jan 20th, 2017 07:22 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I haven't got it preorderd, The collector's edition just didn't interest me. I'll Just buy it on the day whoever has the cheapest price.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2017 01:12 AM
Impediment
Endless

Soon!

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jan 21st, 2017 07:45 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

http://pureplaystation.com/review-r...s4psvr/2017/01/

The first review is out. It got a 9/10, with the only negative being how VR actually wasn't all that good. The reviewer ended up preferring his TV and controller/headset to it.

PWNT

Old Post Jan 21st, 2017 09:13 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

The game is already out here, it's a shame this series can't get me excited to buy at launch anymore.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2017 08:17 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
The game is already out here, it's a shame this series can't get me excited to buy at launch anymore.
I'd say give it a chance. Most people I've read online rate this up there with RE2,4, and 1 (with it being the most RE1 like successor to date). I've heard nothing but great things about it so far.

Though I do agree it was hard to get hyped after RE6 and Revelations 2. Poor games.

PWNT

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2017 08:38 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

It does look like a solid game, but for me, I have the same response to it that I had with Alien: Isolation. Just not a style of game I can get in to.

And I'm someone that between me and my brothers, owns every RE game to date, even going so far as to buy 2 and 3 within days of their release on PSX.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Last edited by -Pr- on Jan 22nd, 2017 at 09:15 PM

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2017 09:11 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by -Pr-
It does look like a solid game, but for me, I have the same response to it that I had with Alien: Isolation. Just not a style of game I can get in to.

And I'm someone that between me and my brothers, owns every RE game to date, even going so far as to buy 2 and 3 within days of their release on PSX.
Thats a shame. I don't even mean with RE7.

Alien Isolation is the greatest horror game to come out on next gen. I'd actually rate it in my top 5 horror games of all time, up there in quality with Silent Hill 2, Fatal Frame, Amnesia, and RE1/2/4. It's the first true horror classic we've had in years.

I do agree that third person is a thousand times better than first person though. Sucks you had to miss out on Isolation because of that. I don't even expect RE7 to be anywhere near as good as AI.

PWNT

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2017 11:23 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Arachnid1
Thats a shame. I don't even mean with RE7.

Alien Isolation is the greatest horror game to come out on next gen. I'd actually rate it in my top 5 horror games of all time, up there in quality with Silent Hill 2, Fatal Frame, Amnesia, and RE1/2/4. It's the first true horror classic we've had in years.

I do agree that third person is a thousand times better than first person though. Sucks you had to miss out on Isolation because of that. I don't even expect RE7 to be anywhere near as good as AI.

The worst part for me was that I'm a massive Aliens fan, but yeah, I just couldn't get in to it. I tried, mind you.

I'm glad RE is moving back to being more about horror, but I'm gonna have to give this one a miss.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2017 11:53 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I'm going to be getting this definitely but because Overwatch wanted to have a limited time event happening the same week, I'm not going to be as invested in it as I wanted to ]:<

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2017 12:43 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Here are the review scores so far.

Polygon - 9/10

GameSpot - 8/10

IGN - 7.7/10

Famitsu - 36/40

PC Gamer - 90/100

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jan 23rd, 2017 at 04:39 PM

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2017 04:36 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Yep. It's happening. RE7 videos starting to randomly crop up all over YouTube. Almost didn't make it out in time. Staying off of there for awhile that's for sure.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jan 23rd, 2017 at 10:41 PM

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2017 10:27 PM
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Does this have anything to do with the other 6 RE games? I played the demo, and it seems like it isn't even in the same universe.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Jan 24th, 2017 09:26 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Originally posted by Arachnid1
I'd say give it a chance. Most people I've read online rate this up there with RE2,4, and 1 (with it being the most RE1 like successor to date). I've heard nothing but great things about it so far.

Though I do agree it was hard to get hyped after RE6 and Revelations 2. Poor games.
Oh I will play it for sure, just not right now. I loved Alien: Isolation but I don't know if the first person will sit right with me in a RE game.
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Does this have anything to do with the other 6 RE games? I played the demo, and it seems like it isn't even in the same universe.
It's a soft-reboot iirc.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jan 24th, 2017 09:09 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Its supposed to be after RE6

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jan 25th, 2017 09:24 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I bought this for my One S and I'm loving every second.

I haven't bought the season pass, yet.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jan 26th, 2017 02:16 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote