KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Resident Evil 7

Resident Evil 7
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

Spoilers in that if you haven't played obviously, but holy lol

PWNT

Old Post Jan 27th, 2017 01:48 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro
Savior of KMC

He actually referenced a joke from his League content, whoa, lol.

"I GOTTA FIND OUT WHO KILLED MY DAD"

Old Post Jan 27th, 2017 02:08 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Once again, Capcom has done something different (in terms of gameplay) and it works. Couple hours in and surprisingly the first person perspective has grown on me while still feeling like a good old fashioned Resident Evil horror game like I always wanted.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2017 12:12 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Relentless

I finished the game on Easy in 8 hours.

"We are not children of celestial f*ckin' light, walkin' arm-in-arm into the Age of Aquarius. We are wankers who
wreck the planet an' piss on each other, 'til half the world's starvin' an' the other half's busy findin'
new ways to keep from noticin' it. That's the f*ckin' limit've our potential, believe me."

Old Post Jan 29th, 2017 12:57 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Easy? Nub.

Was it good? Do you think you'll play it again? I want to play it but I'm concerned that the game length may not be worth a purchase at full price, unless there's some really good replayability.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2017 06:13 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

I did my first speedrun yesterday and finished in 2:30. It went well! I'm enjoying this game. They did perfect.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NemeBro
He actually referenced a joke from his League content, whoa, lol.
Lmao, I need to follow this guy more often then. He's fking hilarious. The MGS joke got me

PWNT

Old Post Jan 29th, 2017 10:18 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Have yet to finish but after a few hours in so far, I feel like giving it a 9. It's classic Resident Evil mixed with Outlast and it's awesome.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2017 11:18 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Have yet to finish but after a few hours in so far, I feel like giving it a 9. It's classic Resident Evil mixed with Outlast and it's awesome.
Yep. The first person had me pretty nervous, but god damn did they prove me wrong.

PWNT

Old Post Jan 29th, 2017 11:53 PM
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

To ppl who plan on playing it, play it in VR. OMFG. Awesome immersion.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2017 04:53 AM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Originally posted by BackFire
Easy? Nub.

Was it good? Do you think you'll play it again? I want to play it but I'm concerned that the game length may not be worth a purchase at full price, unless there's some really good replayability.

I'd get it on a sale. $60 for nine hours tops of entertainment is weaksauce, especially given that replaying for 100% completion runs and speed runs nets you almost nothing worthwhile. The DLC is pretty much alternate game modes at this point.

I'm just blown away at how little this game is a Resident Evil game. They could have called this anything under the sun and excluded the thin references to the main series with no issues. Using the RE name is just a cash grab maneuver.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2017 12:03 AM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by Stealth Moose
I'd get it on a sale. $60 for nine hours tops of entertainment is weaksauce, especially given that replaying for 100% completion runs and speed runs nets you almost nothing worthwhile. The DLC is pretty much alternate game modes at this point.

I'm just blown away at how little this game is a Resident Evil game. They could have called this anything under the sun and excluded the thin references to the main series with no issues. Using the RE name is just a cash grab maneuver.

This is definitely a Resident Evil game. And a pretty damn good one as well.

Resident Evil 7 does the same thing Resident Evil 4 did when it was released. It changed the formula of how these games are made and it's a good change.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2017 03:19 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Click here to Send Smasandian a Private Message Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

To everyone who has purchased the game and has not finished it yet:

I STRONGLY insist that you get play it in VR. The level of immersion you get from the VR experience is practically beyond words. To a point where the game becomes nearly unplayable (for most ppl) from the sheer terror of it all.

I recently invited some friends to try it out (I heard the social aspect of VR is even more fun than the single player gameplay), and I gotta say it made the game even more enjoyable and helps calm you down after.

Get it in VR. You will NOT regret it. Do it!

Altho I gotta stress that you HAVE to play it w/o spoilers and w/o guides. Once the game is spoilered, you lose out on 90% of the experience.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2017 06:04 AM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

Finished the game. I'm glad after all these years Capcom's finally come to their ****ing senses and made an actual Resident Evil game. It's a little rough around the edges, probably from the game experimenting with a format never tried on Resident Evil before, and could have used a little more padding, maybe another 5 hours or so, but overall a very enjoyable experience, and a big step up from 6. Hopefully this all revitalizes the series a little and brings back some of the quality.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Also "Redfield" is totally HUNK

Howdy!

Old Post Feb 15th, 2017 06:29 PM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I agree. I think the game could of been an masterpieces if they did this (or another RE4):

1. Added one more major area (like how RE4 has the island)
2. Have one more major enemy type
3. One more boss.

Other than that, it's an awesome game.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2017 07:31 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Click here to Send Smasandian a Private Message Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Patriotic Judge

Gonna get this when there's a complete edition on sale at some point, but I hope it does better long run... Only sold half as much as RE5 and 6 going by first week alone, which is kinda worrisome.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2017 07:46 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

That's apparently without counting digital sales though

Howdy!

Old Post Feb 15th, 2017 11:45 PM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

I should also mention that Capcom has actual realistic sales projections for 7, at 4 million copies, and with 3 million units shipped as of the 10th, and how popular the game's been getting, I'd say things look pretty sound.

Howdy!

Old Post Feb 16th, 2017 01:06 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I don't think it would ever catch Resident Evil 5. It's virtually impossible because it's not following the success of RE4.

However, this game has legs because it's well reviewed and people are happy with it. It's a fantastic game. A bit short but hell, it was a lot of fun playing it.

It's one of those games where I want more now. That usually doesn't happen anymore.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2017 04:51 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

One thing I gotta admit is a letdown are the VHS segments. Don't get me wrong. Some are good like the one with Mia playing hide and seek but ones later in the game outright made no sense how anyone was holding a camera in certain situations I'm not gonna go into detail 'cause spoilers.

What I think Capcom should've done instead is when you put a tape in the VCR, the camera changes from the character's first person perspective to cameras on the walls, bringing back that old school fixed view and giving the player tank controls like in the classic Resident Evil games. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: That would've been pretty awesome on the one tape with Mia on the boat before it got wrecked.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2017 01:27 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It would be neat in a throwback kind of way but for most people, utterly annoying.

Maybe for one segment that's not combat related and short would be kind of cool but a long sequence that requires you to fight enemies would be way to jarring and not fun.

I loved the VHS segments. It was an interesting way to tell the story.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2017 12:04 PM