KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Resident Evil VII

Resident Evil VII
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « First ... « 15 16 [17]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: The producers have confirmed the guy we saw in RE7's ending was in fact the real Chris Redfield, not Hunk or someone else using his name to hide their identity like some of us have speculated. No, the reason he looks so different from his roided out version is Capcom using photorealism. Question now is what the heck is he doing with an Umbrella chopper?

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Mar 17th, 2017 at 12:46 PM

Old Post Mar 17th, 2017 12:35 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nemesis X
One thing I gotta admit is a letdown are the VHS segments. Don't get me wrong. Some are good like the one with Mia playing hide and seek but ones later in the game outright made no sense how anyone was holding a camera in certain situations I'm not gonna go into detail 'cause spoilers.

What I think Capcom should've done instead is when you put a tape in the VCR, the camera changes from the character's first person perspective to cameras on the walls, bringing back that old school fixed view and giving the player tank controls like in the classic Resident Evil games. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: That would've been pretty awesome on the one tape with Mia on the boat before it got wrecked.

If you're referring to [SPOILER - highlight to read]: The segment with Clancy, pretty sure Lucas just strapped a camera to Clancy's chest and shoved him in the birthday room

Howdy!

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 02:32 AM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Played this game for about 2 hours last night.

So far it's very enjoyable. It's tense, suspenseful and also fun, never veering too heavily on horror and retaining a bit of "cheese" that can be pretty funny. So far it doesn't really feel anything like a RE game so far, but that's not necessarily a bad thing as RE has been in need of a significant shakeup for a while.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2017 08:42 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Madhouse difficulty is so f*cking hard. Still trying to finish it, but work and family time are first.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Apr 13th, 2017 09:19 PM
Impediment is online now! Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by BackFire
Played this game for about 2 hours last night.

So far it's very enjoyable. It's tense, suspenseful and also fun, never veering too heavily on horror and retaining a bit of "cheese" that can be pretty funny. So far it doesn't really feel anything like a RE game so far, but that's not necessarily a bad thing as RE has been in need of a significant shakeup for a while.

Yeah, the first part is very Outlast-ish.

But I came across something really cool while being chased around by Jack in the first area. It was the difference between an semi-indie title like Outlast and AAA from a major studio.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2017 10:25 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Since there's no RE2 Remake thread, I'm gonna throw this in here: Alyson Court will not be returning to voice Claire Redfield nor will Matthew Mercer be coming back to voice Leon because Capcom is anti-union.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/16...ne-major-change

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU---

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2017 12:34 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Since there's no RE2 Remake thread, I'm gonna throw this in here: Alyson Court will not be returning to voice Claire Redfield nor will Matthew Mercer be coming back to voice Leon because Capcom is anti-union.

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU---
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...mid%3A66

There's a thread. I think you even have the most posts in it lol.

Yeah, I understand Mercer. His Leon, as much as I love him, sounds too aged. They need a younger VA.

Claire, on the other hand, could have still worked fine. From what I heard, her not being hired had something to do with some union strike. Developers are avoiding certain VAs because of it.

PWNT

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2017 01:42 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Oh yeah, I forgot about the VA strike or whatever. Kinda miss when I didn't see gaming politics like this as often.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2017 02:05 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU---
It's been two yrs and Capcom hasn't even started with the VA cast? Wtf

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2017 02:06 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Arachnid1
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...mid%3A66

There's a thread. I think you even have the most posts in it lol.

For some reason I couldn't find it. The search on this website sucks.

You made two Gears 4 threads btw so don't you be judging

quote:
Yeah, I understand Mercer. His Leon, as much as I love him, sounds too aged. They need a younger VA.

Claire, on the other hand, could have still worked fine. From what I heard, her not being hired had something to do with some union strike. Developers are avoiding certain VAs because of it.

[see RE2 thread for reply]

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jun 23rd, 2017 at 02:45 AM

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2017 02:36 AM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

A little late to the party, but I've found myself itching to play this after accidentally watching a walkthrough thinking it was a different game altogether lol. Should I?

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jul 4th, 2017 11:42 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Yes.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2017 12:02 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

For those folks that have still yet to play the game, Resident Evil 7 Gold Edition is on the way with all the DLC with it.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2017 01:45 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Gameplay footage of Not A Hero DLC has dropped

i can't find it on youtube, Only through the Resident Evil FB page.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 06:44 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

I saw it. Doesn't look very scary, but I guess I shouldn't have expected anything besides Chris punching zombies heads off in a spray of death.

PWNT

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 04:39 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It's free......and a change from RE7 which can be a good thing.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 09:08 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I finally played and finished the DLC chapters "After Zoe" and "Not a Hero".

Good stuff. Lots of fun to be had.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2017 02:26 PM
Impediment is online now! Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, I keep on forgetting about them.

Maybe sometime this holiday week.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2017 03:20 PM
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Impediment
Resident Evil 2 deserves a full scale remake, IMO.
Aaayyyy

PWNT

Old Post Jun 30th, 2018 01:56 AM
Impediment
Endless

Originally posted by Arachnid1
Aaayyyy

I f*cking called it.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2018 03:57 PM