KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Resident Evil 7

Resident Evil 7
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-

Jake and Piers were both kinda meh, to me.

Still not as bad as what they did with Ada though. ****. That.

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured... the first thought forbidden... the first freedom denied chains us all irrevocably."

Old Post Apr 24th, 2014 06:22 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-

Remember when you were trying to tell me the game would be just fine and you would enjoy the new direction? wink

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Apr 24th, 2014 06:23 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Patriotic Judge

For a game's story that was supposed to be more Ada-centric (with her evil doppelganger and all), she herself came off surprisingly underwhelming for some reason. Usually my favorite female of the series, but there was something about her in 6 that was just... meh.

Renegade, maybe so I can understand more, humor me as to what was so awful about Piers. For the kind of soldier he was, he did perfectly fine in getting Chris back in shape and trying to keep him in line.

Originally posted by Lek Kuen
Remember when you were trying to tell me the game would be just fine and you would enjoy the new direction? wink

lol Well with 6 not having the same director as 5, can't blame him for having some hope for it beforehand/giving it the benefit of a doubt. Sadly though, RE5 being the only hiccup turned out too good to be true. 5 was a happy accident more than anything which they tried to replicate its success with 6, and is (unfortunately) still the most profitable game in the series sales-wise.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2014 06:42 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Gravelord
Trapped within

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime

Renegade, maybe so I can understand more, humor me as to what was so awful about Piers. For the kind of soldier he was, he did perfectly fine in getting Chris back in shape and trying to keep him in line.

He seems so expendable. Like, Chris could have done that himself or taken pills, maybe. Piers character could have been replaced by pills. Nah, that's a minor issue. The biggest problem is how generic he is. He's the typical rookie soldier who feels more like a f*cking red shirt than anything else. He has no memorable dialogue and isn't that great.

What he did for Chris was great but he's so replaceable, as a character. Like I said, Jake could be an obnoxious ass but he was slick. He also carried importance. With Piers, I didn't get that vibe.

Him and Helena are my two least favorite, honestly. Although, I didn't mind Helena in the later portion of the Leon/Helena campaign. Her crazed sister was a cool entry into the plot as well, I thought.

I might like him a bit better if I give the game another go (I did beat it twice but not all that recently) but I don't think my position will alter drastically.

"Evil will hold."

Old Post Apr 24th, 2014 07:13 AM
The Gravelord is currently offline Click here to Send The Gravelord a Private Message Find more posts by The Gravelord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Agreed on this. Piers was meh. I absolutely hated Jake though. He did not live up to Wesker, and was not a worthy partner for someone as awesome as Sherry (who grew into a great new character).

Ada was pretty horrible too. I didn't like her new look either. She was drop dead gorgeous in 4 though.

PWNT

Old Post Apr 24th, 2014 11:49 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Does anyone here like Gun Survivor?

Just saying, because that was IMO the worst RE game ever made that came in color.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2014 12:55 PM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-

Originally posted by Lek Kuen

Hey, even I wasn't that bad... Was I?

For a game's story that was supposed to be more Ada-centric (with her evil doppelganger and all), she herself came off surprisingly underwhelming for some reason. Usually my favorite female of the series, but there was something about her in 6 that was just... meh.

lol Well with 6 not having the same director as 5, can't blame him for having some hope for it beforehand/giving it the benefit of a doubt. Sadly though, RE5 being the only hiccup turned out too good to be true. 5 was a happy accident more than anything which they tried to replicate its success with 6, and is (unfortunately) still the most profitable game in the series sales-wise.

I hated both the plot and the execution of it. Leon and Ada was something I wanted to see work out in the end, but ****ing Capcom...

Originally posted by Arachnid1
Agreed on this. Piers was meh. I absolutely hated Jake though. He did not live up to Wesker, and was not a worthy partner for someone as awesome as Sherry (who grew into a great new character).

Ada was pretty horrible too. I didn't like her new look either. She was drop dead gorgeous in 4 though.

I didn't think much of Sherry either, but that's me.

Originally posted by Stealth Moose

Just saying, because that was IMO the worst RE game ever made that came in color.

laughing out loud It was pretty bad.

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured... the first thought forbidden... the first freedom denied chains us all irrevocably."

Old Post Apr 24th, 2014 01:38 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Gravelord
Trapped within

He did not live up to Wesker

Was he supposed to, though?

"Evil will hold."

Old Post Apr 24th, 2014 01:45 PM
The Gravelord is currently offline Click here to Send The Gravelord a Private Message Find more posts by The Gravelord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji

I remember seeing stuff for Dead Aim Suppose to have been the best game in those Survivors series.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2014 01:54 PM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Originally posted by Kazenji
I remember seeing stuff for Dead Aim Suppose to have been the best game in those Survivors series.

Dead Aim, from what I've been told, was good. I never got a copy though, because while I like gun games and I like RE, I've not seen them mix well. Gun Survivor, with its pulled lightgun support and shoddy graphics and story, was horribad. Gun Survivor 2 was just a what-if CV tie-in.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2014 03:15 PM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by The Renegade
Was he supposed to, though?
With how often they played up the Son of Wesker aspect, yes, somewhat. They even made him a hand to hand super powered monster that rocked Ustanak in a fist fight. He was a significantly weaker and dumber Wesker.

PWNT

Old Post Apr 24th, 2014 06:54 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

If you thought melee fighting Ustanek, after all that shit, was unfun, you are dead inside.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2014 08:17 PM
Ridley_Prime
Patriotic Judge

I hated both the plot and the execution of it. Leon and Ada was something I wanted to see work out in the end, but ****ing Capcom...

Yeah... erm

Didn't really like her new look much either as someone else said. Was a step back compared to her design/appearance in RE4 and the like.

@ Renegade: Ah. See where you're coming from a little more now, but guess I'll just have to agree to disagree. Piers to me definitely had some memorable lines, and the expendable/replaceable bit can easily be said for some others in the series too, to be fair. lol And honestly Jake was much more of a generic character/stereotype to me than Piers was. Being Wesker's son doesn't give him a free pass far as that.

If you thought melee fighting Ustanek, after all that shit, was unfun, you are dead inside.

thumb up

Am not much a Jake fan either, but can at least see why others like him. He's at least likable as opposed to Simmons or someone.

And with Jake's current age and experience, of course he wasn't gonna live up to Wesker just yet. I didn't mind him being (in essence) a toned down Wesker though, with how much a gary stu he already seemed as it is.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2014 12:00 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Gravelord
Trapped within

With how often they played up the Son of Wesker aspect, yes, somewhat. They even made him a hand to hand super powered monster that rocked Ustanak in a fist fight. He was a significantly weaker and dumber Wesker.

He was weaker and less intelligent so perhaps that not who he was supposed to be. I don't think there was any implication that he was supposed to explicitly be Wesker 2.0 so I'm not on that boat with you.

"Evil will hold."

Old Post Apr 25th, 2014 12:01 AM
Arachnid1

Its not that it wasn't fun, it just didn't belong in an RE game. I play RE to be scared shitless, not have an epic melee battle with Nemesis 2.0. That didn't belong there at all.

Where did Jake even get powers? I'm pretty sure his dad didn't have it till after the injection, so Wesker definitely reproduced while he was normal. Everything about Jake just messed with me. I hope he is significantly changed if they bring him back in the future.

PWNT

Old Post Apr 25th, 2014 12:03 AM
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Its not that it wasn't fun, it just didn't belong in an RE game. I play RE to be scared shitless, not have an epic melee battle with Nemesis 2.0. That didn't belong there at all.

Where did Jake even get powers? I'm pretty sure his dad didn't have it till after the injection, so Wesker definitely reproduced while he was normal. Everything about Jake just messed with me. I hope he is significantly changed if they bring him back in the future.

Wesker was a test subject since infancy.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2014 12:16 AM
Arachnid1

Wesker was a test subject since infancy.
The purpose of that was to make a super intelligent being, which they succeeded in. It didn't give Wesker any kind of hand to hand capabilities or super strength, so where did Jake get it? And why was he your typical run-of-the-mill retard henchmen/merc? It doesn't fit.

PWNT

Old Post Apr 25th, 2014 12:56 AM
-Pr-

Yeah... erm

Didn't really like her new look much either as someone else said. Was a step back compared to her design/appearance in RE4 and the like.

@ Renegade: Ah. See where you're coming from a little more now, but guess I'll just have to agree to disagree. Piers to me definitely had some memorable lines, and the expendable/replaceable bit can easily be said for some others in the series too, to be fair. lol And honestly Jake was much more of a generic character/stereotype to me than Piers was. Being Wesker's son doesn't give him a free pass far as that.

thumb up

Am not much a Jake fan either, but can at least see why others like him. He's at least likable as opposed to Simmons or someone.

And with Jake's current age and experience, of course he wasn't gonna live up to Wesker just yet. I didn't mind him being (in essence) a toned down Wesker though, with how much a gary stu he already seemed as it is.

Yeah. I mean, I didn't like a lot of the changes they made, but I could live with them. Just not that...

Old Post Apr 25th, 2014 01:00 AM
Ridley_Prime
Patriotic Judge

Originally posted by The Renegade
He was weaker and less intelligent so perhaps that not who he was supposed to be. I don't think there was any implication that he was supposed to explicitly be Wesker 2.0 so I'm not on that boat with you.

Yeah, same here.

I'm pretty sure his dad didn't have it till after the injection, so Wesker definitely reproduced while he was normal.

And you know that for sure, how?

The purpose of that was to make a super intelligent being, which they succeeded in. It didn't give Wesker any kind of hand to hand capabilities or super strength, so where did Jake get it? And why was he your typical run-of-the-mill retard henchmen/merc? It doesn't fit.

He became a merc so he would have the money to take care of himself and his mom as he pretty much grew up homeless (not like Wesker gave his son trust funds or anything). How does that not fit?

Old Post Apr 25th, 2014 10:32 AM
KCJ506

If the gameplay is more like Revelations, I'm all for this. If it's more like RE6, then I won't be in such a hurry to play this.

I'd also like Jill, Claire, and maybe Rebecca to return as main characters. I'm sick of Chris and Leon right now. The former has been in three main RE games in a row now.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2014 06:12 PM
KCJ506 is currently offline Click here to Send KCJ506 a Private Message Find more posts by KCJ506 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote