KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Resident Evil VII

Resident Evil VII
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

It's still hard to see Jill getting redeemed after 5, but other than that yeah.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2014 08:47 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Gravelord
Trapped within

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KCJ506
If the gameplay is more like Revelations, I'm all for this. If it's more like RE6, then I won't be in such a hurry to play this.

I'd also like Jill, Claire, and maybe Rebecca to return as main characters. I'm sick of Chris and Leon right now. The former has been in three main RE games in a row now.

Not me. I don't really care for having Jill be a main again. She's appeared as much as Leon has. I mean, she's been a playable main in three games at this point.

I'd like Claire, Rebecca, Billy Coen, and perhaps Sherry.

"Evil will hold."

Old Post Apr 26th, 2014 02:52 AM
The Gravelord is currently offline Click here to Send The Gravelord a Private Message Find more posts by The Gravelord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Chris has started in the most games lol. Don't know what else they can do with his char.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Apr 26th, 2014 04:08 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

They can kill him off or retire him. Jill and Chris are pushing forty, which in Japan is when they start measuring you for a coffin.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2014 04:30 PM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Gravelord
Trapped within

Originally posted by Stealth Moose
They can kill him off or retire him. Jill and Chris are pushing forty, which in Japan is when they start measuring you for a coffin.

Pushing? Man, Chris and Jill are already forty one and forty years old, respectively.

Leon is getting up there too, at thirty seven.

If I know how RE treats it's main characters, it seems to have a fear of killing any off, especially the playable ones. I'm not asking for Robert Kirkman levels of character disposal but come on. I know they're highly trained but tell me these people won't die of a stroke in a rocking chair.

"Evil will hold."

Old Post Apr 27th, 2014 04:17 PM
The Gravelord is currently offline Click here to Send The Gravelord a Private Message Find more posts by The Gravelord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I imagine they'll reboot before that happens, tbh.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 27th, 2014 04:56 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

I'd want closure on existing character arcs before reboot.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2014 05:34 PM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I would too, but I'm honestly not sure I trust the writers after what happened with Ada.

Went from being one of my favourite characters to... Well... Yeah.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 27th, 2014 05:35 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Eh? I didn't have an issue with how Ada was presented.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2014 05:38 PM
The Gravelord
Trapped within

The only thing I didn't really like was her clothing. It wasn't worse than [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Carla's clothing though.

My thoughts on the latter's clothing:

(please log in to view the image)

"Evil will hold."

Old Post Apr 27th, 2014 07:28 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I wouldn't mind if they completely reboot the series and re-do the convoluted timeline/story.

I think that's the only way they go back to the roots of the series (but please, let's not bring back the crappy controls).

Old Post Apr 27th, 2014 07:53 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
And you know that for sure, how?
Because we SAW how Wesker got his powers. He got it after he was killed by the Tyrant in RE1, and it was a result of pumping himself full of viruses/experimentation. We didn't see super powered Wesker until CV. Jake was born before those games, if they want his age to fit in any way. Therefore, Wesker reproduced before he became Neo.

quote:
He became a merc so he would have the money to take care of himself and his mom as he pretty much grew up homeless (not like Wesker gave his son trust funds or anything). How does that not fit?
Because he somehow got Weskers hand to hand capabilities despite the fact that he was made before Wesker got that in his blood, but didn't inherit the Intelligence which Wesker was breeded for in the first place. How does that make sense at all?

PWNT

Old Post Apr 27th, 2014 08:31 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Originally posted by Arachnid1
Because we SAW how Wesker got his powers. He got it after he was killed by the Tyrant in RE1, and it was a result of pumping himself full of viruses/experimentation. We didn't see super powered Wesker until CV. Jake was born before those games, if they want his age to fit in any way. Therefore, Wesker reproduced before he became Neo.

Because he somehow got Weskers hand to hand capabilities despite the fact that he was made before Wesker got that in his blood, but didn't inherit the Intelligence which Wesker was breeded for in the first place. How does that make sense at all?

Where does it state that he inherited his h2h abilities? How do you inherit h2h skills from your parent in the first place? He could've inherited the capacity and potential to learn, just never was able to use it.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Apr 27th, 2014 10:09 PM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Wesker had the unique power to adapt to and mould viruses which attacked him, which is why the Sekrit Plot Virus worked well in him but killed most of the Wesker children.

Jake just injected himself with the C-virus in the intro scene, so he's got a very potent virus melding with his DNA throughout the course of the game.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2014 10:41 PM
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Wesker had the unique power to adapt to and mould viruses which attacked him, which is why the Sekrit Plot Virus worked well in him but killed most of the Wesker children.

Jake just injected himself with the C-virus in the intro scene, so he's got a very potent virus melding with his DNA throughout the course of the game.

Wasn't he immune to the virus though, hence the reason why they wanted his blood?

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Apr 27th, 2014 11:45 PM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

No, they used his blood to make the virus more powerful actually. The strain taken by Carla for example is based on the six months of testing they did on him. The same way Wesker used Jill's antibodies to ramp up his BOWs.

Because B movie science.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2014 12:26 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Eh? I didn't have an issue with how Ada was presented.

I'm one of "those" people that wanted her and Leon to live happily ever after. Or at the very least, to let their relationship progress somewhere decent.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 28th, 2014 12:51 AM
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

One does not simply go from dating Catwoman to marrying her.

But it's at least further solidified they're made for each other.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2014 12:57 AM
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

No, they used his blood to make the virus more powerful actually. The strain taken by Carla for example is based on the six months of testing they did on him. The same way Wesker used Jill's antibodies to ramp up his BOWs.

Because B movie science.

I could've sworn Sherry made a deal with him and the government to pay him money for a sample of his blood.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Apr 28th, 2014 02:48 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Smasandian
I wouldn't mind if they completely reboot the series and re-do the convoluted timeline/story.

Convoluted because you don't understand it?

Old Post Apr 28th, 2014 08:36 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote