KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Resident Evil VII

Resident Evil VII
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Partly, also because it's ****ing dumb. It was made up on the fly and you can easily tell.

Reboot with a new series and direction and a storyline that was thought through.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2014 01:46 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Gravelord
Trapped within

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
Partly, also because it's ****ing dumb. It was made up on the fly and you can easily tell.

Well, as long as you have a reasonable and well thought out explanation, like these two sentences here, I'd have to concur! This series is f*cking trash! Reboot it, for the love of Christ!

Do better, Smasandian.

"Evil will hold."

Old Post Apr 28th, 2014 02:09 PM
The Gravelord is currently offline Click here to Send The Gravelord a Private Message Find more posts by The Gravelord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
I could've sworn Sherry made a deal with him and the government to pay him money for a sample of his blood.

She did.

See, the thing is Wesker figured out how to use Jill's antibodies of the T virus to make Ouroboros more viable. Otherwise it consumed its host.

Jake has antibodies as well. A cure could be rather simply synthesized from his blood. Carla manipulates those antibodies to alter the C-Virus, which already has traits of the T-Veronica strain (mook control, spontaneous combustion) and the G-Virus (more rapid mutation than thr T-Virus; insane regen).

Given that we suspend disbelief when we accept scientific possibilities like Tyrant, zombie dogs, big plants, sharks from hell, and Willy Birkin, nitpicking Jake's backstory seems kinda silly.

Originally posted by Kazenji
Convoluted because you don't understand it?

Given that he didn't play the series from the beginning, his complaint seems shallow.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2014 03:20 PM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Kazenji
Convoluted because you don't understand it?

It can be convoluted, which it is imo, and still be understandable. They're not mutually exclusive.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 28th, 2014 06:04 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Originally posted by -Pr-
It can be convoluted, which it is imo, and still be understandable. They're not mutually exclusive.

thumb up

More reasons to like Ireland, besides the freckled babes and the perpetual rain/fog.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2014 07:08 PM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Stealth Moose
thumb up

More reasons to like Ireland, besides the freckled babes and the perpetual rain/fog.

laughing out loud

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 28th, 2014 07:08 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

I would say Guinness, but it has a profound depression effect on me, which most beers don't.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2014 07:10 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Stealth Moose
I would say Guinness, but it has a profound depression effect on me, which most beers don't.

Might be because you keep calling it a beer.

Though I will admit, nobody likes Guinness at first. Anyone who says they do, is a liar imo.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 28th, 2014 07:13 PM
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

FAIR ENUFF.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2014 07:18 PM
The Gravelord
Trapped within

Originally posted by -Pr-
Might be because you keep calling it a beer.

Though I will admit, nobody likes Guinness at first. Anyone who says they do, is a liar imo.

I call Guinness a f*cking sandwich.

I was fascinated with it when I was younger. I don't generally like beer but dry stouts are low on that list.

"Evil will hold."

Old Post Apr 28th, 2014 07:31 PM
The Gravelord is currently offline Click here to Send The Gravelord a Private Message Find more posts by The Gravelord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

I prefer German beers. They have a brewery/restaurant right up the street. I splurge there perhaps 1-2 times a month if that.

For American, Sam Adams and Leinenkugel is legit. St. Pauli Girl's, even though it's a gimmick, is solid as well.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2014 08:56 PM
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Where does it state that he inherited his h2h abilities? How do you inherit h2h skills from your parent in the first place? He could've inherited the capacity and potential to learn, just never was able to use it.
Not his skills, his abilities. There is a bit of a difference there.

And hopefully he did for the second part. He needs to develop beyond the merc.

PWNT

Old Post Apr 29th, 2014 03:52 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Not that I care that much now with everything else we're getting, but RE7 wasn't exactly shown at E3 like the link in the original post said it would, so what gives?

Old Post Jun 13th, 2014 08:51 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

"According to an article on the website of the prominent Japanese Economic newspaper Sankei Shimbun, Resident Evil 7 is set to be revealed at this year's E3."'

Either Sankei Shimbun has a dickhead publisher or they changed their minds. :/

PWNT

Old Post Jun 13th, 2014 10:10 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

No RE7 at E3, huh? There's only one explanation Capcom would bail. Their former employee, Shinji Mikami, must've scared 'em off with his Evil Within game. Bet now they regret making him quit.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jun 13th, 2014 at 11:40 PM

Old Post Jun 13th, 2014 11:29 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

With all the flip-flopping Capcom has been doing over where to take RE next, I'm not surprised they didn't show.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 14th, 2014 12:06 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Or they have nothing to show......it's probably still in early development.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2014 03:53 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

True, but I would have thought they'd have at least announced a name or something.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 14th, 2014 09:47 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Maybe.

But it seems that companies don't release anything until they got something to show.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2014 03:33 PM
swarner11
Restricted

Account Restricted

Good game

Old Post Jun 25th, 2014 06:31 PM
swarner11 is currently offline Click here to Send swarner11 a Private Message Find more posts by swarner11 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote