KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » The Death of Wolverine

The Death of Wolverine
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Impediment
Endless

The Death of Wolverine

Click here.

Will this be another hype story like the Death of Superman?

I haven't read anything by Charles Soule, so I can't comment on how it will be written.

What say you guys?

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Apr 26th, 2014 03:31 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

The Death of Wolverine

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
Click here.

Will this be another hype story like the Death of Superman?

I haven't read anything by Charles Soule, so I can't comment on how it will be written.

What say you guys?

1. Wolverine is popular, but not popular on the level of Superman.

2. Wolverine has already been featured in a story or two where he dies, IIRC.

3. Wolverine's very power is to miraculously come back from what has killed other heroes.

4. The only Charles Soule story arc I know is the current Superman/Wonder Woman combined title. That one is recognizable to anyone who has even Easter familiarity with the Bible as an altered retelling of Christ's death and resurrection.
Wouldn't surprise me if Jubilee took the Wonder Woman role in bringing her "Superman" (Logan) back in this translation.

Bottom line: The story will be effective if long-lasting but is unlikely to be an event with even half the impact Death of Superman had. Wolverine has too well-known a "cheat death" card built-in to the character for this to have the impact it would with someone else.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2014 05:26 PM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Logan is one of the most popular comic book characters of all time.. his "death" will not last too long.. I give Marvel 18 months, then they will bring back Logan

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 26th, 2014 08:18 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

They said Steve Mcniven was on art. I could have SWORN he died a couple years back. Maybe it was some other high profile comic book artist.

edit. Nope I was thinking of Michael Turner.

Last edited by BruhMan on Apr 26th, 2014 at 08:29 PM

Old Post Apr 26th, 2014 08:24 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

I hope he dies for good

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Apr 27th, 2014 01:32 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

They should leave him dead for at least 1 or 2 years and then bring him back

just don't bring him back quick like Johnny Storm.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2014 01:41 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Nobody stays dead permanently except Uncle Ben.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Apr 27th, 2014 03:28 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Originally posted by Impediment
Nobody stays dead permanently except Uncle Ben.

And Captain Mar-Vell

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Apr 27th, 2014 06:18 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

They did something different with Nightcrawler recently, He came back recently but was still dead till he used his Bamfs and his connection to Azazel to restore himself to life back on Earth.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2014 06:37 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

The death of Wolverine?

Oh boy this should be as big as the next big mini "The Death of Mr Immortal"!

Old Post Apr 28th, 2014 09:30 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Deadpool said it best:

(please log in to view the image)

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Apr 28th, 2014 02:50 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
basilisk

Well that's it then. Make the most of it because after this we won't ever see Wolverine again except in flashbacks, alternate realities, and reprints.

Ever.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2014 02:39 PM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Your kidding yourself.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2014 02:45 PM
Magog

Originally posted by Endless Mike
And Captain Mar-Vell

I still hold out hope.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2014 11:30 PM
Magog is currently offline Click here to Send Magog a Private Message Find more posts by Magog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

They should do this whole plot line where Sabertooth is dying and switches bodies with Logan. Then actually have Logan die and Sabertooth live on in Wolverines body....

lolol Seriously though I want him to stay dead. I know it wont happen but I hope for at least 2-3 years.

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Apr 30th, 2014 12:09 AM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

He should stay dead for at least 5 years. Won't happen, though.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2014 12:12 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by BlackZero30x
They should do this whole plot line where Sabertooth is dying and switches bodies with Logan. Then actually have Logan die and Sabertooth live on in Wolverines body....

Mmmh... You might be into something.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Apr 30th, 2014 09:21 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Originally posted by BlackZero30x

lolol Seriously though I want him to stay dead. I know it wont happen but I hope for at least 2-3 years.
So instead of being Sabertooth he'll be a hairy mutant with sharp claws and healing factor? eek!

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post May 1st, 2014 09:14 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

lol Exactly! You guys understand my vision! People would get all kinds of hyped up for this! I already have the perfect title "The Superior Wolverine!"

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post May 1st, 2014 03:43 PM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

I think it sucks. i like Wolverine. Well at least when he's written in a good setting like Madripoor, or when he's hunting down some monster in the woods that's above his level like Wendigo. I really hope that they don't kill him off. I doubt that he'd stay dead, or at least this is what i am hoping. Besides if he dies, what happens to all of those stories written about him in the future? Old Man Logan, and such? Stupid ass writers.

Old Post May 21st, 2014 10:21 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote