KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Fargo

Fargo
Started by: Robtard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

Fargo

Newer show, started a few weeks ago. If you're not watching it, you should. Don't be a loser.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 28th, 2014 05:14 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
0mega Spawn
TheWarmestSun

Good show

My Reality Is Your Imagination.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2014 10:26 PM
0mega Spawn is currently offline Click here to Send 0mega Spawn a Private Message Find more posts by 0mega Spawn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lexington
Elysian Fields

Re-watching the movie required?

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2014 08:04 PM
Lexington is currently offline Click here to Send Lexington a Private Message Find more posts by Lexington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

No. There are some scenes that if you have the movie fresh in your mind you might say "ahhh", but if you're film ignorant, you're fine.

This has also turned out to be a great show. Billy Bob is an extra special treat in this. A very memorable villain.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2014 08:19 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AbnormalButSane
Screw up

I love it so far. Great cast.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2014 08:23 PM
AbnormalButSane is currently offline Click here to Send AbnormalButSane a Private Message Find more posts by AbnormalButSane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Fantastic series. Billy Bob Thornton was phenomenal. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: To bad his character died. I was hoping he would serve as the "hook" between the seasons.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2014 02:37 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

What a finale!
Best show of the season.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2014 09:13 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Watched the first five episodes. Seems to be an interesting series.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2014 07:39 AM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Anyone have a guess as to why Lester randomly confronted Billy Bob's character in the bar, instead of just leaving w/o incident..?

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2014 04:43 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

He didn't want to "confront" him per se. Rather he wanted to be recognized rather than just ignored as he was pretty much his entire life.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2014 06:14 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Anyone have a guess as to why Lester randomly confronted Billy Bob's character in the bar, instead of just leaving w/o incident..?

Ego. Which ironically BB's char helped bolster due to the events shown prior in the series.

Smart Lester would have known to run. Egotistical Lester decided to pick a fight. Didn't end well for either of them ultimately.

Edit: Am thinking of making a Lorne Malvo avie/sig now.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2014 08:05 PM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2015 10:29 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

I'm looking forward to this; but it's probably gonna suffer from 'True Detective' syndrome, in that, there's no way it's gonna be as well done as the first season.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2015 10:30 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Anyone still watching this? The second season is shaping up to be every bit as great as the first.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2015 06:36 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

I'm waiting until S2 is over so I can marathon it in a few chapters. I hate having to wait week after week for a show I love.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2015 09:02 PM
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834
Anyone still watching this? The second season is shaping up to be every bit as great as the first.
I thought this was gonna be an anthology type deal, which is why i assumed there'd be a dip in quality like 'True Detective'.

The main characters in season one were better, but the quality of the show hasn't declined in the slightest.

it's easily the best show on tv atm.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2015 04:03 AM
Squirrel Fart

It is the best show on TV atm. Another great ep the other night, this whole season has been top notch and it keeps getting better.

thumb up

Carl Weathers was hilarious

Old Post Nov 18th, 2015 07:09 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

So they went the UFO route with this. Srsly.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2015 02:11 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Wow, this show rocks! Even better than series 1, which is almost impossible.

And the UFO route is just a thingy, you know... it's the Coen Brothers spirit all over this thing. And as usual, it's not out of the blue. There was a major UFO sighting by a police officer in Minnesota 1979: http://www.ufocasebook.com/minnesotasheriff1979.html

In other words: bloody brilliant!

Old Post Dec 11th, 2015 03:53 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah, I guess I just don't see any reason at all for the show to randomly introduce the UFO mythos. /shrug

Still a great series... I just didn't care for that, is all.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2015 08:38 PM