KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Star Wars Episode VII cast announced!

Star Wars Episode VII cast announced!
Started by: The Renegade

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Gravelord
Trapped within

Star Wars Episode VII cast announced!

I didn't know where to post this because there's no Episode VII section so I'll do it here.

The cast has been announced!

http://starwars.com/news/star-wars-...-announced.html

"Evil will hold."

Old Post Apr 29th, 2014 05:11 PM
Click here to Send The Gravelord a Private Message Find more posts by The Gravelord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Nice. And Christ, Andy Serkis is in everything.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2014 05:14 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Gravelord
Trapped within

Can you imagine Domhnall Gleeson as a Sith apprentice of some sort? He totally has the look too.

This is exciting.

"Evil will hold."

Old Post Apr 29th, 2014 05:21 PM
Click here to Send The Gravelord a Private Message Find more posts by The Gravelord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Repost from another thread...

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Hopefully they'll try to get the original cast in better shape. Everyone except Harry has gone to complete shit.

For instance, it would be very hard to buy-off on this disgusting sloth being the most powerful Force user in Galactic history, as well as the Grand Master of the New Jedi Order:
(please log in to view the image)

He'd be better suited for the role of Jabba the Hutt these days

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Apr 29th, 2014 05:34 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Gravelord
Trapped within

We don't know if he'll be a Grand Master and, even then, who says he'll be active? I'm certain Jedi Grand Masters don't do the brunt of adventuring, which is what the movie will be focusing on.

"Evil will hold."

Old Post Apr 29th, 2014 05:49 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I don't care what role he plays. Jedi aren't supposed to look like slovenly pieces of crap, which is how all of the old cast(sans Harry) look these days.

That's why I don't even think they should be in the film. Screw nostalgic fan-servicey appearances--do what's best for the franchise. thumb down

Old Post Apr 29th, 2014 05:53 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Gotta disagree. Not having Mark Hamil in would be a major disservice.

Plus he looks far better know.

Last edited by ares834 on Apr 29th, 2014 at 06:07 PM

Old Post Apr 29th, 2014 05:56 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psmith81992
Restricted

Account Restricted

Has there ever been a more typecasted individual than Mark Hamil? Other than the seinfeld crew?

There'll be a golden ladder reaching down.
When the man comes around.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2014 06:00 PM
Click here to Send psmith81992 a Private Message Find more posts by psmith81992 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

It would be a much larger disservice to the franchise if they opt to bring in a cast of old, disheveled lard asses just to appease fans.

Should they have still used this version of Christopher Reeves as Superman, just because fans loved him in that role?:

Phuck no. thumb down

But again, I don't care if the original cast are in the new film(s) so long as they are made to look presentable(and lets face it: most of them have a LONG way to go.) Otherwise keep them away, imo. thumb up

Last edited by Galan007 on Apr 29th, 2014 at 06:09 PM

Old Post Apr 29th, 2014 06:06 PM
ares834

And is Mark Hamil in a wheel chair? No. He'd just be fat, that's fine IMO. Plus, he has lost a lot of weight and looks decent for his age now.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2014 06:09 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Lol, and what about Carrie Fisher? I suppose you're fine with her her shoddy 'look' as well, eh?

...I guess obesity and botched plastic surgery can affect even the most powerful beings in the galaxy. thumb up

Old Post Apr 29th, 2014 06:13 PM
Yellowfin
Restricted

Account Restricted

Needs more Will Smith.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2014 06:15 PM
Click here to Send Yellowfin a Private Message Find more posts by Yellowfin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

Carrie fisher looked fine on 30 Rock a few years ago. Maybe you should relax. It's not like the Jedi Order has to be staffed by a modelling agency

Old Post Apr 29th, 2014 06:17 PM
Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Moved- all goes in most recent movie section, lacking anything better.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Apr 29th, 2014 06:17 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Zampanó
Carrie fisher looked fine on 30 Rock a few years ago. Maybe you should relax. It's not like the Jedi Order has to be staffed by a modelling agency
I don't care if they're in the film. I just don't think they 'need' to be in the film. Especially looking the way they do now. Not saying their looks can't be changed--I am just talking about them as they are now.

Calm down. thumb up

Old Post Apr 29th, 2014 06:20 PM
psmith81992
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by CHAOS GRIZZLY
Needs more Will Smith.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2014 06:32 PM
Click here to Send psmith81992 a Private Message Find more posts by psmith81992 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Alec Guinness had a bit of a tummy at the time of ANH… the robes hid that well. I'm sure they can do the same to Hamill.

But didn't they ask the original cast to get into shape for this movie some time ago?

Originally posted by ares834
Nice. And Christ, Andy Serkis is in everything.

Yes, ya think he'll do another CGI character, like Jar Jar jr.?

Old Post Apr 29th, 2014 06:54 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

From what I've been reading, Hamill has been busting his ass to get in better shape for this(thank God.) Not sure about the others, but crossing my fingers.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2014 06:56 PM
The Gravelord
Trapped within

Originally posted by Galan007
I don't care what role he plays. Jedi aren't supposed to look like slovenly pieces of crap, which is how all of the old cast(sans Harry) look these days.

That's why I don't even think they should be in the film. Screw nostalgic fan-servicey appearances--do what's best for the franchise. thumb down

I do. People get old. Not all Jedi look that appealing.

If they're following the main series of films, I honestly don't see the issue. I really don't give a sh*t why they're being thrown in the film. As long as it's executed properly, no one else should either.

"Evil will hold."

Old Post Apr 29th, 2014 07:00 PM
Darth Abonis

Adam Driver GREAT. He's perfect. PSYCHE

Well, at least no Zac Efron.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2014 07:15 PM
Click here to Send Darth Abonis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Abonis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote